this thread is dedicated to discussions related windows mobile
Official XDA OSBuilder 7 kitchen thread (developed by Barin)
this thread is dedicated to discussions/info related to windows phone 7
I'm honored to be allowed to officially announce/present/support osbuilder here in xda forums by barin. thank you.
this is a new kitchen (not based on old platform rebuilder) developed by asusmobile.ru member barin and tested by many others (mentioned below) including myself.
ultrashot is also developing some parts of osbuilder (custom imgfsfromdump with advanced parameter support for example).
"One word: SUPERIOR!" hd2owner
OS Builder V1.4.236 FULL (01.12.2012) - 3962+ downloads
OS Builder V1.4.235 FULL (25.11.2012) - 271 downloads (20590)
OS Builder V1.4.234 FULL (22.11.2012) - 91 downloads
OS Builder V1.4.223 FULL (02.10.2012) - 931 downloads
OS Builder V1.4.209 FULL (19.05.2012) - 2155 downloads
OS Builder V1.4.206 FULL (21.04.2012) - 531 downloads
OS Builder V1.4.205 FULL (16.04.2012) - 199 downloads
OS Builder V1.3.199 FULL (09.12.2011) - 4792 downloads
OS Builder V1.3.189 FULL (08.11.2011) - 1762 downloads
OS Builder V1.3.187 FULL (03.11.2011) - 159 downloads
OS Builder V1.3.163 FULL (29.09.2011) - 2183 downloads
OS Builder V1.2.157 FULL (20.09.2011) - 257 downloads
OS Builder V1.2.153 FULL (15.09.2011) - 157 downloads
OS Builder V1.2.148 FULL (04.09.2011) - 558 downloads
OS Builder V1.2.143 FULL (28.08.2011) - 412 downloads
OS Builder V1.2.140 FULL (21.08.2011) - 229 downloads
OS Builder V1.2.133 FULL (11.08.2011) - 337 downloads
OS Builder V1.2.124 FULL (28.07.2011) - 423 downloads
OS Builder V1.2.116 FULL (27.06.2011) - 1716 downloads
OS Builder V1.2.111 LE (08.06.2011) - 518 downloads
OS Builder V1.2.107 LE (05.03.2011) - 970 downloads
OS Builder V1.2.101 LE (21.02.2011) - 582 downloads
OS Builder V1.2.99 LE (19.02.2011) - 213 downloads
OS Builder V1.2.89 LE (31.12.2010) - 1244 downloads
Total osbuilder downloads on xda: 24552+
SINCE VERSION 1.2.81 (06.12.2010) OSBuilder IS DEPENDENT OF .NET FRAMEWORK 4 (runtime version not lower than 4.0.30319). Get .NET framework 4 here
DOWNLOAD (latest public osbuilder version by barin): OSBuilderSetup1.4.236-FULL.zip
OSBUILDER LATEST CHANGELOGS ->POST 3 & POST 4
NEW XPH COMPRESSION METHOD FROM WP7 MANGO
Since 1.2.153 we have possibility to use xph compression from wp7 mango (patched by ultrashot).
only usable on armv7 devices!! don't use xph on older arm devices! it won't work.
if you have a armv7 device and want to try xph->ultrashot's patched mango cecompr.dll thread
If someone wants to donate and help the project, take a look at the original thread on asusmobile.ru and the thread on mobileunderground.info
Many thanks to those, who helped to test osbuilder:
Alexx~, AndrewSh, greench, Lost_Angel, Vladimir1973
Special thanks to yad for the important and necessary information on relocation.
ENORMOUS thanks to alexx~ for many ideas and concepts, for THAT NOT VALUED! aid during the testing, and it is simple for the human support from the beginning also to the end of writing program.
Basic purpose of osbuilder
-assembling flat dump from the packets
-assembling ROM-File (for supported devices)
-extract/dump ROM-File (for supported devices)
OSBuilder can build NB0, NB and NBH files and for supported devices it can change rom version, date and/or some other data.
Also many other functions are included (Manila other language exclusion for example), which can be useful during creation and assembling of dump and ROM.
1. The group of packets (4 types of groups, the level of the nesting of groups is theoretically not limited, packets they are grouped by simple haul) and mapping packets and groups in the form of the tree
2. Convenient contextual menu for the work with the packets.
3. Selection of language for the piercing (co-existence of packets for the different languages)
4. Possibility to introduce detailed description for the packets and the groups (with the selection of packet or group description it will be automatically mapped into specially [otvedennom] for this window)
5. Import of configuration from the files of option.xml and their subsequent removal.
6. Retention of the configuration on silence and of any quantity of the configurations
7. Editing of dsm, rgu, initflashfiles, provxml of packet directly from the program
8. Possibility of the connection of external editors for dsm, rgu, initflashfiles, provxml
9. The survey of the folder of packet directly from the program (on silence conductor is used, but the connection of another file- manager is also possible)
10. Editing of boot.rgu, packages.sof, packages.cif, defaultcerts.dat, oem.cer directly from the program.
11. Survey and the editing of the order of assembling the list (it edits packages.sof)
12. The preliminary survey of the list, which must come out after assembling with the indication as and how often changed each parameter, such as file of rgu made change and in what line of the file of rgu this parameter is contained.
13. The preliminary survey of the file of initflashfiles.dat, which must come out after assembling.
14. Removal of files from modules and imageinfo.txt
15. Sufficiently flexible tuning of the parameters of assembling.
16. Possibility of the call of external programs from the menu.
17. Automatic forming or correction .VM and .ROM according to the data from the template or the file XIP
18. Built-in mechanism of readdressing the modules (Reloc) of the received flat dump.
19. Assembling the file of division IMGFS 20. Assembling file ROM - size of nb0 (payload)
Contextual menu of the packet Built-in editor OF DSM (title)
the built-in editor OF DSM (modules and files)
the built-in editor OF DSM (dependence) information about the module Menu of additional tools
the editor of packages.sof (cif) Preliminary survey of list cleaning the modules Readdressing modules (Reloc) Tuning (parameters of assembling)
Program (assembling the files of payload NBH) is successfully tested with following HTC-devices:
HTC touch 2 (Mega)
HTC touch of 3450 & 3452 (Elf of & Elfin)
HTC touch Of diamond
HTC touch HD
HTC touch diamond 2
HTC max 4G HTC Of iolite
HTC HD mini
HTC kovsky (SE X1)
If you have precise information about the special features of a certain new device model (structure of divisions and FLASH of regions, the signs of the search for date and version into nk.exe, and also other special features, for example, necessary whether to prescribe somewhere into nk.exe the sizes of rom, region etc, then the support of this can be added into osbuilder.
As to gather the dump without the template i tried to make the process of editing and assembling far more convenient and more visual. the result is osbuilder.
If you have ideas for improvements, write them down here and barin will take a look at them.
WWE Manual Download Link
Multibuild feature (use more than one sys build):
Setting Package Build Order:
Exclude/Include specific packages:
OEM creator for EXT to OEM Conversion (another tool by ultrashot coming soon):
List of supporters (fullversion):
Alexx ~, AndrewSh, HD2Owner, 3D MASTER, ash172, bitje, Elesvil, erickwill, Feropont, fq3803, Gangsta-P, Pgreench, GUG, Hellonasty, indagroove, Kristof Petho, LiquidStorm, mishok_006, mondi, Mor-Da, MorzeCBP, mwalt2, NarkoZ, NightOWL, Petrovych, rewwps, Satan!, serfer222, SergeyLAR, tian tian, ultrashot, usv, Hacker, Zloy Pryanik, Vladimir1973
OS Builder 7 (WP7 Kitchen)
LEO Advanced ROM Update Utility
Titan Advanced ROM Update Utility
Mozart Advanced ROM Update Utility
Blackstone Advanced ROM Update Utility
Topaz Advanced ROM Update Utility
Kovsky Advanced ROM Update Utility
Whitestone Advanced ROM Update Utility
HTC Splash Tool
HD2O ROM Series
X1O ROM Series
HTC HD2 stock ROM overview thread
Latest Opera 9.70 thread
HD2 WP7 donation fund for da_g
HD2 haret/linux/android donation fund for devs (cotulla, dcordes, markinus, letama, netripper)
HD2 6.5.3 global bold font fix (by ultrashot)
HD2Owner's youtube channel