can't get cingular dash to use tmobile messenger

Search This thread
H

havieri23

i unlocked my tmobile dash to use with cingular. i was able to use wifi to connect to the internet and surf, but when i try to use the built in T-mobile im messenger, it won't connect. aim stays one the "signing on" progress screen.

Last edited:

johnfrase

Sep 5, 2006
I have tried the tmobile messanger with other carriers too and have had no luck - it has something to do with txt messanging. I believe and msg sent with that program is sent via sms. A nice messanger app - that works regardless of carrier is Agile Messanger - one application for every im solution out there (aol, msn, google, icq, yahoo) http://www.agilemobile.com/downloads.html You can use it free for 7 days after that you have to register.

H

havieri23

yeah, i used agilemessenger before. was just trying to get the tmobile one to work since it was built in already.

.PoNeH

Oct 30, 2006
Orlando
Google Pixel 6 Pro
As mentioned above, T-Mobile messenger is a SMS-based service (uses text messages to communicate back and forth) and not a data service (like Agile Messenger, AIMPlus, etc.) which uses data to communicate back and forth. The reason why you cannot connect to it, is because you are not a T-Mobile customer and therefore not in their SMS network.

I use Agile Messenger and I am loving it. You will need to be connected via a data network though (EDGE, Wi-Fi, BT, etc.) for it to connect.