[CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
/wristcut

lmao

Like rats jumping ship!! What makes you guys think im not set up to do another build? I updated the last time the system image was updated thank you very much. Actually, Ive updated twice since that, but thats besides the point. lol

I see how it is. :eek::D:cool:

You don't pay enough attention to us Reef! :p

Seriously tho, I'll take over the next release and create a new thread. I'm done with people complaining about how big this thread is. Thanks for your work Reef, we'll still do work together - I'll just be the schmo managing the updates to the masses ;).

I honestly thought FRX and gingerbread were basically different teams attempting to use Android in different ways. What's the point in them being separate now, then?

Wow... I really do not know what you're talking about, I think you're really confused about how development works in relation to XDAndroid. Please visit our website http://xdandroid.com sometime, you'll learn something! :p

Reefermattness

Sep 27, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
You don't pay enough attention to us Reef! :p

I know of most of the people in here you are one of the more capable of taking care of yourself arrrghhh lol

There are people answering questions, and you're all running the latest FRX version of android, so I don't see where I fell behind, and why everyone is complaining. Almost 2mil views, countless TBs of downloading for about a year now, and no thanks. Literally and Metaphorically. LMAO

Last edited:

F22

Oct 24, 2009
/wristcut

lmao

Like rats jumping ship!! What makes you guys think im not set up to do another build? I updated the last time the system image was updated thank you very much. Actually, Ive updated twice since that, but thats besides the point. lol

I see how it is. :eek::D:cool:

A lot of it may be that with Glemsom's autobuild service down, none of the newer kernel improvements like working kbd backlight, improved 2d graphics speed, or working extUSB headset have made it into a build yet. The first page which is accurate as of the last build 2 months ago and the lack of notices from the update utility that a lot of people are now relying on thanks to your collaboration with sovereign, make people think there hasn't been any progress since.

Reactions: MrPib

Reefermattness

Sep 27, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
A lot of it may be that with Glemsom's autobuild service down, none of the newer kernel improvements like working kbd backlight, improved 2d graphics speed, or working extUSB headset have made it into a build yet. The first page which is accurate as of the last build 2 months ago and the lack of notices from the update utility that a lot of people are now relying on thanks to your collaboration with sovereign, make people think there hasn't been any progress since.

I agree with that F22. My brother had my Rhodium up until about 2 weeks ago he was using it. I didnt even notice that the autobuild service was down until last night when I was reading up messing with FRX03 with arrrghhh to get blazn back up to speed. (or try again)

I will update the package manually for the update tool as soon as i reset my server password and can successfully log in again. lol

I have been slacking, but honestly I didnt think you guys missed me that much (and i didn't have my Rhod as arrrghhh mentioned before). You guys have arrrghhh and f22 obviously checking into this thread often they are both at LEAST as smart as I am. :D

F22

Oct 24, 2009
I agree with that F22. My brother had my Rhodium up until about 2 weeks ago he was using it. I didnt even notice that the autobuild service was down until last night when I was reading up messing with FRX03 with arrrghhh to get blazn back up to speed. (or try again)

There have been 22 commits to the kernel since Glemsom's last kernel on Dec. 4th. So yeah, the kernel devs have been busy. BTW, it's good to hear that a new blazn release is in the works, that will make a lot of people happy. Your blazn build has a lot of fans.

I will update the package manually for the update tool as soon as i reset my server password and can successfully log in again. lol

Sounds good.

I have been slacking, but honestly I didnt think you guys missed me that much (and i didn't have my Rhod as arrrghhh mentioned before). You guys have arrrghhh and f22 obviously checking into this thread often they are both at LEAST as smart as I am. :D

Flattery will get you everywhere. :p But more seriously, it sounds like you're still interested in maintaining the xdandroid builds. The only question is if you still have the time/interest to continue maintaining the first post/faq as well? It would be helpful if Arrrghhh could edit those, particularly if you're going to continue being scarce. That's why I was encouraging him to start a new thread. Nevertheless I know you guys talk, so I'll let you two work that out.

jchutch2

Sep 12, 2007
Wow... I really do not know what you're talking about, I think you're really confused about how development works in relation to XDAndroid. Please visit our website http://xdandroid.com sometime, you'll learn something! :p

Yeah...actually I have done quite a bit of reading with that site. There's not really any explanation of the breakdown of things here and why they're separated out. It points out the one main thread (which reefer has so OBVIOUSLY neglected. LOL j/k). Nothing about any of the other "competing" builds.

I wonder if maybe you've just been involved so long and have had part in so many aspects that you possibly don't see how convoluted it is to a newb like myself. :)

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Yeah...actually I have done quite a bit of reading with that site. There's not really any explanation of the breakdown of things here and why they're separated out. It points out the one main thread (which reefer has so OBVIOUSLY neglected. LOL j/k). Nothing about any of the other "competing" builds.

I wonder if maybe you've just been involved so long and have had part in so many aspects that you possibly don't see how convoluted it is to a newb like myself. :)

Oh it's very convoluted, I won't deny that.

But we only document XDAndroid builds - we'll never document 'competing' builds as you say. That would be way too complex.

However, all of the AOSP builds for XDAndroid all go back to the same dev team. So Eclair, Froyo, and soon GingerBread - the 'reference' vanilla versions - are all from the same dev team. Which mainly consists of stinebd (at least for the system image, which is what we're talking about.)

I just don't see why you assumed the FRX(whatever) was different from the GingerBread AOSP work.

Unless of course you are in fact talking about other builds - for example, Neopeek released an 'alpha' build of Gingerbread already. That is not XDAndroid, and again we won't document anything about their builds - that would be utter madness! :p

Reactions: ksper6986

jchutch2

Sep 12, 2007
Oh it's very convoluted, I won't deny that.

But we only document XDAndroid builds - we'll never document 'competing' builds as you say. That would be way too complex.

However, all of the AOSP builds for XDAndroid all go back to the same dev team. So Eclair, Froyo, and soon GingerBread - the 'reference' vanilla versions - are all from the same dev team. Which mainly consists of stinebd (at least for the system image, which is what we're talking about.)

I just don't see why you assumed the FRX(whatever) was different from the GingerBread AOSP work.

Unless of course you are in fact talking about other builds - for example, Neopeek released an 'alpha' build of Gingerbread already. That is not XDAndroid, and again we won't document anything about their builds - that would be utter madness! :p

Actually, that little diatribe explained QUITE a bit. Thanks! Neopeek is one that I saw mentioned often, and probably made some assumptions.

love it. can't wait til camera and video officially starts working. :)

My camera's working without issue.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Actually, that little diatribe explained QUITE a bit. Thanks! Neopeek is one that I saw mentioned often, and probably made some assumptions.

Glad to hear it... there is a lot of confusing and sometimes conflicting information out there - I do my best to set the record straight ;).

My camera's working without issue.

I think he means that the code has not been committed - which it has not. The cam code is not in the main GIT tree yet. Plus, video doesn't work at all.

megamac55

Dec 16, 2009
Is this an older version of voice search installed on here? i tried to install voice actions, and it will not work, the voice search with this build doesnt seem to have the same features.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Is this an older version of voice search installed on here? i tried to install voice actions, and it will not work, the voice search with this build doesnt seem to have the same features.

Are you on FRX03? It's 2.2.1, so it's got the newest voice actions to that version of Android...

Not sure if there's some new ones in GingerBread (2.3) or not - those would obviously not be included.

JJHiemenz

Jul 9, 2009
Deutsch Stadt, WI
Hi all, we've got a new release for you tonight.

No it's not Gingerbread :(

XDAndroid 2.2.1 Build FRX04 is out now.

It includes 3D improvements from [acl], as well as synchronizing the minor changes from the upstream Android froyo branch. System image and OTA package are both available from the above link.

Thanks!

Thanks for posting links like this, makes it so much easier for me (us?) to get updates!

working on installing the updates now.

ksper6986

Feb 27, 2010
Marshall,Texas

It includes 3D improvements from [acl], as well as synchronizing the minor changes from the upstream Android froyo branch. System image and OTA package are both available from the above link.

Thanks!

Thanks dude you are the sh*t keep up the great work

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
ok there are three downloads system image , update ,rootfs. what do i do with the update files

Update - this is if you have a clean FRX03 system image. You can download it, rename it to update.zip, and drop it where you run haret.exe - it'll update Android for you.

System image - the full FRX04 system image. Delete old system.ext2, replace with this image - rename to system.ext2.

Rootfs - update you'll need as well. rootfs.img is what you need to rename it to. Remove your old rootfs and replace with the new one.

ksper6986

Feb 27, 2010
Marshall,Texas
Update - this is if you have a clean FRX03 system image. You can download it, rename it to update.zip, and drop it where you run haret.exe - it'll update Android for you.

System image - the full FRX04 system image. Delete old system.ext2, replace with this image - rename to system.ext2.

Rootfs - update you'll need as well. rootfs.img is what you need to rename it to. Remove your old rootfs and replace with the new one.

in other words if i just update system.ext2 and rootfs on a fresh install i dont need update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!
    Folks, I'm pleased to announce our first public testing release of XDAndroid Gingerbread.

This is a work-in-progress build, of course. But it is also already well-refined. Performance is on-par with or improved from Froyo in most cases. Core system applications are mostly stable.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Google Apps will behave badly from time to time (arrrghhh noted blank window issues, for example)
    • GPS is not working (driver needs to be reimplemented) and Location services are generally missing as well
    • Accelerometer support is missing (driver needs to be reimplemented)
    • Bluetooth is not working, even on TI devices (crashes when activating - disabled in this build)
    • Other functionality and stability issues will occur

The system image is available for download immediately at http://files.xdandroid.com/system-gingerbread-testing.ext2.zip. This has been signed with our release keys, which means you might be able to use a froyo data.img with it, but this is in no way supported (it's a testing build after all). If you have issues with previous data images, start fresh and try again before reporting issues.

If you are going to use this build, please report issues via our IRC channel or bug tracker. Thanks!

And go easy on arrrghhh. It's tough answering the same questions over and over! :D
    Another release!

This time it's the Froyo branch. We've got build FRX05 available for download now. This is a minor release with a major new feature. :)

The short list of changes from FRX04 to FRX05...

• Camera support - both photo and video capture (without sound currently) are working. This depends on kernel support, so only Rhodium and Topaz are supported currently. Huge thanks to Jerome Bruneaux (viruscrazy on XDA) for basically doing all the work.
    • Switch build variants from engineering to user-debug for slight speedup.
    There's no OTA update.zip this time. I accidentally got rid of the FRX04 target files, needed to generate the incremental patches.

Thanks for using XDAndroid!
    [12/11] Updated version of FRX03 Package

XDAndroid2.2.1.FRX03.Froyo.121110.zip

Contains:
    • Version 2.2.1 FRX03 system.ext2 (taken from xdandroid.com)
    • Latest RootFS (rootfs-20101115-42b44e2)
    • Updated Kernel to Dec-11 (htc-msm-linux-20101211)

Hi guys. I hope this isn't stepping on any toes with the XDAndroid maintainers but I have put together a rebuild of the FRX03 archive package because it was becoming painful to watch how many people were just installing the old cab version of FRX03 (Froyo 2.2) from Project Android page. :eek:

Even though the setup utility will automatically update the kernel and rootfs, it still doesn't fix the broken system.ext2 that is in that cab (you have to go and get that manually from xdandroid.com). Furthermore I have updated the kernel to the Dec-11 release that (AFAIK) will not be available to the utility until the glemsome autobuild is working again.

I realise that we have just had an unofficial Dec-16 kernel pop up in the 3d driver thread (and I am testing that right now) but since it is only a few hours old I didn't want to put that straight into this package.

Hopefully this will help a few folks getting started with FRX03 :)

EDIT: Oh, I just realised that something I did not change (even though I probably should have) is the default 700MHz overclock that this package already had in its startup.txt (don't blame me, I didn't put it there). If you use the startup utility, make sure you go into "Advanced" settings and consider disabling OC until you have tested without it ;)
    FRX04 packages now. :)

Was going to do it yesterday but my birthday party started very early. LOL

Also manually updated the kernel update tool, you guys should all be seeing a new update for today. :D

http://reefermattness.scepterr.info/XDAndroid2.2Froyo.012211.rar

http://reefermattness.scepterr.info/ProjectAndroid2.2Froyo.012311.cab