[Q] Touch Screen Broken!

Search This thread

Ghost_ghost123

Jul 12, 2010
North London
Hi all,

My touch screen has stopped working... most frustrated!

I have Task29'ed it and have re-installed the ROM but still have not got any response.

Was working, then put it in my pocket 2 hours later the time had reset and I had no response from the screen....

Any ideas? :mad:

Stoferr

Nov 27, 2009
My touch Screen died too, yesterday. Suddenly I couln't unlock the phone, the screen just wouldn't reacht to my touches. So I restarted, then it worked fine for half an hour before freezing again. Now I cant get it to work anymore. I was running Windows Phone 7 when it happened, then flashed an Android ROM, the problem was still there.

So I need to know if it is possible to remove Nand Android and HSPL without the use of the touch screen at all? If I send it in now, with HSPL installed they sure as hell wont fix it. :(

Ghost_ghost123

Jul 12, 2010
North London
Interesting that so many are dying all of a sudden, looks like the digitizer is coming to the end of its useful life. How infuriating:mad:

Dont even know a company that would repair this other then HTC, and sod paying their charges! Ebay and HD7 here I come!;)

So I need to know if it is possible to remove Nand Android and HSPL without the use of the touch screen at all? If I send it in now, with HSPL installed they sure as hell wont fix it. :(

You can reflash without touching the screen, turn it off, plug it into the PC and hold down the 'down' volume button which will put it into hard reset. Upload the original ROM.

Stoferr

Nov 27, 2009
I just flashed to the newest stock ROM with RUU. But when I go to bootloader it still says Cotulla HSPL :( What can I do to remove it and all traces of it?

ryan562

Feb 28, 2010
two of my friends have sent theirs back. they both got theirs about six months ago. perhaps there's some sort of lifespan on these touchscreens.I sold my hd2 to a friend and he's starting to complain about this issue as well
In the past week I've seen about 12 people with messed up touch screens. That is very weird.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

KrewsialNL

Im curious, what OS were you running on the phone when this happened?

First of all, I am not blaming Cotulla or any developer. Also I don't blame nand or any type of software installation :)

What happened to me on Friday (and to my neighbor on Saturday), is it started when we flashed the Stock HTC ROM to go back from WP7.

Both our digitizers crapped out right there :) I say it's pure coincidence.. I'm just pissed off that after 7 months, I have to send my unit to the UK. (I bought it in Holland, but I live in Romania).

Oh well, going to call HTC tomorrow, and arrange an RMA :)

KrewsialNL

two of my friends have sent theirs back. they both got theirs about six months ago. perhaps there's some sort of lifespan on these touchscreens.I sold my hd2 to a friend and he's starting to complain about this issue as well

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

After i've been reading through the internet, i noticed indeed that after a good 7-8 months, a lot of people have this problem.

sguler

Aug 6, 2010
Nürnberg
www.wowebmaster.com
They repaired mine in 1 week, I got it back on Friday =) Happily... They changed the whole body, including camera, flash ( donno why ) and the screen..it looks like new! I thought it is new at first, but then I saw the serial number is the same...

jimprime

Apr 26, 2008
I don't think its a touchscreen issue the way I c it te hardware buttons are the cause because it happened to be before when my power button started causing te screen to not respond but waking with every other button it would respond normally but later on all te button started giving in... finally it was completely dead I think that's why usually most phone have seperate power button and capacitive button cause they don't wear out usually that quick atleast idk that's just my theory

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App