Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

I really don't understand my hero

OP adritati

24th January 2011, 12:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Malaga
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
More
Hi everyone, I really don't know where locate this "thing" is happening to my hero but it is definitely related to ROMs.

I recently post my battery problem in the battery's thread in this forum but seems like a battery calibration was not the solution.
I used to have Floyo on my hero and it worked perfect, also battery life was pretty good. Since I changed it to try another one, I can not have any 2.2 ROM in my hero cause battery drains almost 15-20%/hour with wifi off, sync off, screen minimum, 2G network, just the necessary to receive calls.

I've tried all 2.2 ROMs with different kernels, always wiping everything and none of them works property. I decided to install a 2.1 ROM and voila, more than 2 days of battery. Does anyone have any idea of the problem?

Other thing is driving me crazy is why I have to use toggle set (because of handset problem->always is on even when is not plugged) but only with VillainROM 12 I don't have this problem, I thought it was a hardware problem.

For all of this, my hero is understandable, any light to see what's going on? Thank you all
24th January 2011, 06:12 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 281

1,796 posts
Donate to Me
More
BEfore flashing a 2.2 ROM, wipe EVERYTHING, including battery stats. Let then the battery drain to 0, and charge the phone with the wall charger for 6-7 hours, then turn it on while it's still plugged and leave it like that for 1-2 hrs. Then unplug it and there will be no more drain.
25th January 2011, 12:10 PM   |  #3  
Flag Wherever I can find an IP address
Thanks Meter: 71

567 posts
More
Maybe this could also help you, when you set up your 2.2 rom for the first time,
have you ever disable google backup?
I have been told that drain battery like hell....
25th January 2011, 12:39 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Malaga

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukinok25

Maybe this could also help you, when you set up your 2.2 rom for the first time,
have you ever disable google backup?
I have been told that drain battery like hell....

Yes I did, actually I don't have now any data plan in my mobile cause I'm living abroad so I don't use internet/data at all. Thanks
25th January 2011, 12:43 PM   |  #5  
Flag Wherever I can find an IP address
Thanks Meter: 71

567 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adritati

Yes I did, actually I don't have now any data plan in my mobile cause I'm living abroad so I don't use internet/data at all. Thanks

You welcome, worth of giving a try..
25th January 2011, 12:44 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Malaga

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaduG

BEfore flashing a 2.2 ROM, wipe EVERYTHING, including battery stats. Let then the battery drain to 0, and charge the phone with the wall charger for 6-7 hours, then turn it on while it's still plugged and leave it like that for 1-2 hrs. Then unplug it and there will be no more drain.

Thanks, I'll try next time doing it in this way and I'll see the results thought I think it won't change cause even if it's not fully charged I wipe battery stats also when i flash
25th January 2011, 01:12 PM   |  #7  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 1,566

1,597 posts
Donate to Me
More
Batteries die with time, so if you keep having a problem, you can consider investing $20 in a Mugen Power extended battery (1550 mAh) which doesn't need the back cover to be changed.

I greatly recommend it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, hero, set, toggle
Previous Thread Next Thread