Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,967 Members 46,771 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I really don't understand my hero

Tip us?

adritati
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default I really don't understand my hero

Hi everyone, I really don't know where locate this "thing" is happening to my hero but it is definitely related to ROMs.

I recently post my battery problem in the battery's thread in this forum but seems like a battery calibration was not the solution.
I used to have Floyo on my hero and it worked perfect, also battery life was pretty good. Since I changed it to try another one, I can not have any 2.2 ROM in my hero cause battery drains almost 15-20%/hour with wifi off, sync off, screen minimum, 2G network, just the necessary to receive calls.

I've tried all 2.2 ROMs with different kernels, always wiping everything and none of them works property. I decided to install a 2.1 ROM and voila, more than 2 days of battery. Does anyone have any idea of the problem?

Other thing is driving me crazy is why I have to use toggle set (because of handset problem->always is on even when is not plugged) but only with VillainROM 12 I don't have this problem, I thought it was a hardware problem.

For all of this, my hero is understandable, any light to see what's going on? Thank you all

RaduG
Old
Thanks Meter 281

DONATE TO ME
BEfore flashing a 2.2 ROM, wipe EVERYTHING, including battery stats. Let then the battery drain to 0, and charge the phone with the wall charger for 6-7 hours, then turn it on while it's still plugged and leave it like that for 1-2 hrs. Then unplug it and there will be no more drain.

yukinok25
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Maybe this could also help you, when you set up your 2.2 rom for the first time,
have you ever disable google backup?
I have been told that drain battery like hell....

adritati
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukinok25 View Post
Maybe this could also help you, when you set up your 2.2 rom for the first time,
have you ever disable google backup?
I have been told that drain battery like hell....
Yes I did, actually I don't have now any data plan in my mobile cause I'm living abroad so I don't use internet/data at all. Thanks

yukinok25
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by adritati View Post
Yes I did, actually I don't have now any data plan in my mobile cause I'm living abroad so I don't use internet/data at all. Thanks
You welcome, worth of giving a try..

adritati
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaduG View Post
BEfore flashing a 2.2 ROM, wipe EVERYTHING, including battery stats. Let then the battery drain to 0, and charge the phone with the wall charger for 6-7 hours, then turn it on while it's still plugged and leave it like that for 1-2 hrs. Then unplug it and there will be no more drain.
Thanks, I'll try next time doing it in this way and I'll see the results thought I think it won't change cause even if it's not fully charged I wipe battery stats also when i flash

petsasj
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1566

DONATE TO ME
Batteries die with time, so if you keep having a problem, you can consider investing $20 in a Mugen Power extended battery (1550 mAh) which doesn't need the back cover to be changed.

I greatly recommend it.

Tags
battery, hero, set, toggle