Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,968 Members 42,854 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4gb mini sd cards, anyone tried one?

Tip us?

dm251z
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 4gb mini sd cards, anyone tried one?

hey, I've seen some ads around for 4gb mini-sd cards, most with totally unknown brands. I'm talking about the non-sandisk, non-HC format ones. Has anyone tried these in a tornado-type device? Do they work?

thanks!

xavalon
Old
(Last edited by xavalon; 29th December 2006 at 10:13 AM.) Reason: typo's - still english is not my mother language
Thanks Meter 0
Angry I did - be carefull - might not work!

I ordered and got my 4GB card last week (mobymemory). While the card is recognized in the phone, my phone keeps crashing ever since. When i put in my mobymemory 2GB card, my phone doesn't crash. I also noted that the card is getting corrupted quickly in my QTEK 8310 (using chkdsk in a cardreader to confirm).

I mailed HTC and they said that 2GB was the maximum supported by my smartphone device. I stated that on their website they claim miniSD up to 12GB was supported, but they say that is a typo on their website they will correct soon.

I also mailed mobymemory but haven't got any response yet. Still it might be that i just got a faulty one.

I am now on my latest experiment. I partitioned the card in a 2GB (2048MB) partition and the rest (1.9GB); my phone recognizes the two storage cards (second is now named 'storage card2'). However, i already had my first crash quickly afterwards (using navigation).

Right now, i am formatting the card to FAT instead of FAT32 (still partitioned).

Running out of options, will keep this thread updated.

dm251z
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for posting about your experience, and good luck!

xavalon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
In the end it kept giving errors and i requested an RMA which they accepted.