Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,703 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Serial port of XDA

Tip us?

muckelmaus
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko_serb View Post
Does anybody know how to access the hardware serial port (on Blue Angel)? I can use IR (COM1) and Bluetooth (COM4) to send/recieve data, but the bottom pins don't give any voltage. I've tried other ports (to COM9) but the device hangs unless it's COM2.

Here's the test app, select port on the left and then click 'Open Port'. When the port is open, the device is showing what is read at the port. You can click 'Salji' to start/stop sending dummy data via port or "Lista Portova" to list the available ports.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T36RIZKE
You have to deactivate IR to get Serial Port working, as thay use the same port!
(Settings/Connections/Beam/deactivate Receive all incoming beams )
In case someone of you finds any mistake in spelling, punctuation or grammar in my posts - you can keep it !!!
Any language is Freeware - you can use it for FREE!
But, remember: They are not Open Source, you can't mutate, modify or falsify the Code, as you like to.
The Following User Says Thank You to muckelmaus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marko_serb
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I've tried that, when "Receive all incoming beams" is enabled - COM1 is invisible to the program and reports error, when disabled - the IR becomes COM1

muckelmaus
Old
(Last edited by muckelmaus; 24th January 2011 at 06:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko_serb View Post
I've tried that, when "Receive all incoming beams" is enabled - COM1 is invisible to the program and reports error, when disabled - the IR becomes COM1
Try the attached file by haicom.
Serial and USB crandle have different pin-out!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...tle=Connectors
Serial should be Com2 and is usable when Com1/IR is disabled.
Attached Files
File Type: cab GPS Information.PPC300_2577.cab - [Click for QR Code] (49.9 KB, 6 views)
In case someone of you finds any mistake in spelling, punctuation or grammar in my posts - you can keep it !!!
Any language is Freeware - you can use it for FREE!
But, remember: They are not Open Source, you can't mutate, modify or falsify the Code, as you like to.

marko_serb
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks! I'll give it a try as soon as I find a way to disable IR (and find some time to play with it)