Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 41,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will be MEEGO avaible on SD via MAGDLR?

Tip us?

matejdro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Default Will be MEEGO avaible on SD via MAGDLR?

Will meego be availble as MAGDLR compatible SD build when released? I don't want to loose my current NAND build.
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100

Rusty-DC
Old
(Last edited by Rusty-DC; 17th January 2011 at 07:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
meego will not be flash via MAGDLR , but via something other

will9895
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default I hope so!

Just thought this thread deserved another reply after 850 views- i hope we can get Meego on SD!

The more OSes on SD the better in my opinion, if we can get big cards why not carry round another 3/4 and boot as wanted? Just to show off mostly, but i can really envisage picking out a different OS for different things.

TheATHEiST
Old
Thanks Meter 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty-DC View Post
meego will not be flash via MAGDLR , but via something other
Ofcourse it will be flashable via MAGLDR, but only after team DFT have ported it and they have suspended dev on it until after the official code is complete and bugs removed so should be around April time that we start to see dev going on again according to other info.
Phone:
Galaxy Note II | CM11 (Unofficial)

Tablet
Nexus 7 | CM 10.2

Smartphone History:
HTC Touch > HTC Universal > HTC Touch HD > HTC HD2 > iPhone 4S > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy Note II

Tablet History:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 > iPad3 > Nexus 7

zarathustrax
Old
Thanks Meter 190

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheATHEiST View Post
Ofcourse it will be flashable via MAGLDR, but only after team DFT have ported it and they have suspended dev on it until after the official code is complete and bugs removed so should be around April time that we start to see dev going on again according to other info.
It will probably be bootable from sd via magldr, actually.... at least at first. They might make it flashable to nand if the bugs and everything are worked out well enough and they get the 3d drivers working. The version that will be released soon is booted off sd, I think, but it's very buggy and unfinished.
Device: TMoUS HD2
ROM: XBoxmod's WP7 on NAND & Android on SD.
Check out THIS THREAD for tutorial on partitioning your SD card to dual-boot WP7 & Android. Post #2 has many SD Android builds edited by me to be MAGLDR compatible.
Get a free dropbox account with this link for an extra 250mb of space! You get 2.25GB of FREE online storage... It's a easy & convenient way to share files with people and transfer files to and from your Android or WP7 phones. CLICK HERE!

TheATHEiST
Old
Thanks Meter 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathustrax View Post
It will probably be bootable from sd via magldr, actually.... at least at first. They might make it flashable to nand if the bugs and everything are worked out well enough and they get the 3d drivers working. The version that will be released soon is booted off sd, I think, but it's very buggy and unfinished.
I didnt say SD wouldnt be first, simply that it WOULD be flashable via magldr (at some point) once final version has been ported and that wont happen until code has gone gold.
Phone:
Galaxy Note II | CM11 (Unofficial)

Tablet
Nexus 7 | CM 10.2

Smartphone History:
HTC Touch > HTC Universal > HTC Touch HD > HTC HD2 > iPhone 4S > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy Note II

Tablet History:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 > iPad3 > Nexus 7

zarathustrax
Old
Thanks Meter 190

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheATHEiST View Post
I didnt say SD wouldnt be first, simply that it WOULD be flashable via magldr (at some point) once final version has been ported and that wont happen until code has gone gold.
I know, but to say that they will definitely make a flashable version at some point might not be true... it may never run fast enough on the hd2 for them to even consider making a nand version. From my understanding, there are serious problems in getting 3d acceleration working on the hd2 hardware which may not be easily worked around... its similar to how they can't get 3d acceleration working in ubuntu, except that meego relies more on acceleration than ubuntu does. I'm sure they will get meego usable, but it might be slow and laggy unless they get acceleration working... and they may not go as far as making a nand version, while they will definitely make sd versions while developing it. Hopefully they will get it working great and make sd and nand versions, but we'll have to wait and see.

Sent from my HTC bravo using XDA App
Device: TMoUS HD2
ROM: XBoxmod's WP7 on NAND & Android on SD.
Check out THIS THREAD for tutorial on partitioning your SD card to dual-boot WP7 & Android. Post #2 has many SD Android builds edited by me to be MAGLDR compatible.
Get a free dropbox account with this link for an extra 250mb of space! You get 2.25GB of FREE online storage... It's a easy & convenient way to share files with people and transfer files to and from your Android or WP7 phones. CLICK HERE!

Mark Twain
Old
Thanks Meter 1
to have the choice to flash meego into nand or start it from the sd card would be awesome, but as mentioned before, getting the 3d acceleration working is currently the main goal
P H O N E : HTC HD2 Europe + 2.15.50.14 + NAND: JW MIUI + SD: -
M U S I C : COWON S9 Titan + Sennheiser CX 400-II Precision

ramy911us
Old
Thanks Meter 16
if that option will be available that would be so great....