Search This thread

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
]

I figure out how to install adb but it would not push for me. When I type in adb remount, it says adb remount not permitted or something. I keep getting read-only file system errors. adb shell brings up a $. It's ridiculous.

That is awkward. Are you s-off? Your phone is connected with USB debugging enabled? Also on charge only. And you navigated to the tools in the SDK folder via command prompt?

K

knowledge561

That is awkward. Are you s-off? Your phone is connected with USB debugging enabled? Also on charge only. And you navigated to the tools in the SDK folder via command prompt?

I was s-off. I even re-rooted my phone. Debugging, charge only, and adb is not in the tools folder for me, it's in platform-tools. How awkward is that huh!

teh roxxorz

Nov 21, 2010
I was s-off. I even re-rooted my phone. Debugging, charge only, and adb is not in the tools folder for me, it's in platform-tools. How awkward is that huh!

That is awkward, but try the same thing, but change your path so it would be something like:

cd your directory/android folder/platforms

and just run adb from there; the folder where you run it from doesn't matter, you just need to know where it is.

K

knowledge561

That is awkward, but try the same thing, but change your path so it would be something like:

cd your directory/android folder/platforms

and just run adb from there; the folder where you run it from doesn't matter, you just need to know where it is.

It's even that, the system will not remount to to a writable system, it only comes up as read-only. I had to buy root explorer and move them through the sdcard because i can write to the system using that.

teh roxxorz

Nov 21, 2010
I have a boot animation I would like to you use...Can someone please point me in the right direction into making the .zip into a pc316 file so I can flash it through the botloader...Or can I just use root explorer and place zip in the right place and reboot?

Yes, you can use root explorer to place in the correct folder. [/system/media] on the evo. Or you could use adb and push it to the same folder.

teh roxxorz

Nov 21, 2010
isn't it /system/customize/resource/ on most roms (i know caulkins is system media)

I honestly couldn't tell you. But yes I do know that some use do use ^ method. But I know for the fact the evo [because I have one] is /system/media. Though I guess you could say its a 50/50 on which set a rom will use. You can always check because if you push it to the wrong folder you should get an error that the folder doesn't exist.

dkdude36

Aug 5, 2010
los angeles
I honestly couldn't tell you. But yes I do know that some use do use ^ method. But I know for the fact the evo [because I have one] is /system/media. Though I guess you could say its a 50/50 on which set a rom will use. You can always check because if you push it to the wrong folder you should get an error that the folder doesn't exist.
stock, myns, ava, and every other sense rom i have tried besides caulkins is /system/customize/resource/, and most people on this forum have an evo, so...

teh roxxorz

Nov 21, 2010
stock, myns, ava, and every other sense rom i have tried besides caulkins is /system/customize/resource/, and most people on this forum have an evo, so...

Well a lot of people use Cyanogen and other AOSP roms, they remove sense and additional bloatware that slows down the phone. I personally do have an Evo, great phone in my opinion. But like i said, just try to write the file to either directory, whichever doesn't give you an error that's where the file is. And neither system is better, just developer preference. I prefer /system/media because its just 1 less folder to go through.

dkdude36

Aug 5, 2010
los angeles
just to clarify (most) aosp is /data/local/ and if you remove sense/bloat, the boot stays in the same place. but other than that, very true.

Max_Pain

Oct 29, 2006
Miami, FL
has there been any new boot animations added? i'm wanting to change mine but can't find anything new and good...and the links in the OP all look the same to me:confused:

Top Liked Posts