Yes, please. (Honeycomb)

Search This thread

DiscoPh3v3r

Oct 30, 2010
Thanks Kitf. No need to insult new users, or call everyone a fraud (yes talking to you jonagpa), just pointing out that a new user does not mean new to android, development, or ANYTHING important... I forgot that only "known" devs here are the ones that are believed..

I can't even believe how rude you are being to another forum member. Are you mad because this very well could be fake? Have you seen it with your own eyes? Have you played with it? You must have not been on the internet very long to know pictures can be faked and stories can be lies. I could get a honeycomb image from my computer, put it on my nook, open it, and then post a picture saying that I ported honeycomb.

We all want this to be real, but so far no evidence has pointed to that but 2 pictures. This guy doesn't even want to take the time to get 10posts to post updates in the dev forum! I'm not getting my hopes up until this guy posts more proof. You have disgusted me with your behavior on this forum.

Divine_Madcat

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 9, 2005
USA
I can't even believe how rude you are being to another forum member. Are you mad because this very well could be fake? Have you seen it with your own eyes? Have you played with it? You must have not been on the internet very long to know pictures can be faked and stories can be lies. I could get a honeycomb image from my computer, put it on my nook, open it, and then post a picture saying that I ported honeycomb.

We all want this to be real, but so far no evidence has pointed to that but 2 pictures. This guy doesn't even want to take the time to get 10posts to post updates in the dev forum! I'm not getting my hopes up until this guy posts more proof. You have disgusted me with your behavior on this forum.

Funny.. i thought calling people frauds was being rude, but call me old fashioned...

DiscoPh3v3r

Oct 30, 2010
Funny.. i thought calling people frauds was being rude, but call me old fashioned...

He never called him a fraud, just saying that this could be fake. Learn2read

Which once again I ask, have you seen it with your own two eyes (minus the pictures) ? Have you played with it? Do you know this guy IRL? I didn't think so dude.

stwallman

Nov 3, 2008
Earth
Why do people insist on jumping up and down and calling new posters like this a fake, fraud, whatever ? All you do is scare people away from posting again.

Give the guy time to work this out. The truth will come through in fair time I'm sure.

Remember, we are all innocent until proven guilty.

cybertimber2007

Oct 31, 2007
....You guys know that every single preview sdk has been ported to devices just like this version has right?

It's really not that hard if you know what you're doing (and alot of rommers on here know what they are doing).
THANK YOU. I know aosp (the XDA user/dev) ported the Gingerbread SDK to my heroc before the full source was out.

Musicman247

Jul 6, 2007
Texas
Not to add fuel to the fire, but if this is real then why has deeper blue (with all of the known devs) been the only one to claim to have figured it out?

Divine_Madcat

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 9, 2005
USA
Not to add fuel to the fire, but if this is real then why has deeper blue (with all of the known devs) been the only one to claim to have figured it out?

Probably for a number of reasons -
1) It is only a "preview SDK", so it has even less functionality than a normal one
2) We do not have nearly the active dev base that other phones have; those that we are lucky enough to have are probably working on things like Froyo and Gingerbread.
3) Given the fact that we expect to see the AOSP release soon, there isn't a huge amount of point, doubly so given points 1 & 2...

And please, PLEASE people, stop with this "known devs" crap.....

clevins

Aug 28, 2010
You know.... it's Saturday AM. You might want to give the guy some time before whining that he's not posting updates every 15 minutes for you. It's possible... just possible.. that he has a life outside of doing this stuff and *gasp* went out Friday!

kar_

Jan 15, 2011
Dendermonde
This topic was perfectly fine before these pictures reached engadget.

You had a topic about someone who was happy with the SDK of honeycomb released. And then you had a guy who said he was playing around with it and come posting it here (because he didn't have 10 posts yet so he couldn't go to the developers forum, and the fact that he didn't spam 10 posts also says a lot). Some people reacted and a few days later he posted another image. Maybe a 200-300 people saw this topic. And about a dozen replied. And then this got on engadget and this topic spiraled out of control.

I wonder if the guy even knows this topic (which isn't even his but the one he decided to post 2 images in) is so famous now.

The fact that he didn't started spamming his pictures in a new topic crying out for recognition also says a lot imo.

Bimboy

Dec 5, 2006
If it were me, and I just spent a few marathon sessions getting this to where it is, came back here to post an update, and read this thread (where it's at right now), I'd say "screw these people".

We were told that he's going to work on it this weeknd, and by 2am on Saturday, people are wanting more. Think, people... Jeesh.

DiscoPh3v3r

Oct 30, 2010
No what you guys don't understand, I am NOT getting mad at him for not posting every 5 minutes. I am NOT calling him a fake.

But I am NOT going to believe something just because there is pictures. I could care less whether he has 2 posts or 2000 posts, the point is there is absolutely nothing that makes it any more believable than me saying I have a 2.4 build running on my nook.

Until a video is posted or deeper_blue can post more, you guys are just getting your hopes up in vapor(soft)ware. You act like I am calling out your mothers or something. I haven't once disrespected deeper_blue. And I can wait, after all I waited almost a whole year for the Motorola Cliq to get the 2.1 update.

Edit:
Divine_Madcat said:
I think people who have donated have fooled themselves into thinking that the shipped nooks will guarantee a CM build (akin to a bribe). Do i think there is a good chance for it? Sure. But i too will only really believe it when i see it.
Do you remember that Divine_Madcat?

That is exactly my feelings towards this.

Last edited:

jonagpa

Jun 5, 2010
New York Queens :)
first I want to apologize for basically ruining this thread, everything was fine until I opened my mouth.

second I want to clarify that I was not calling deeper_blue a liar or a fake, I also understand that there are other people outside of xda that know what they are doing.

I am in shock at the backlash for simply stating that there is a possibility that this is a fake. I just wanted to make people aware that deeper_blue only posted 3 times before and that the pictures could of easily been faked, this made me suspicious that is all, I have no prof that this is fake and I have no prof that it is real.

For the people that got offended or outrage at my suggestion, next time please refrain from making rude comments, no one wants to hear them. I think I was very polite on my post and I was expecting the same treatment.

Now lets stop the bickering and get back to business :)

blackderbyhat

Sep 24, 2010
No what you guys don't understand, I am NOT getting mad at him for not posting every 5 minutes. I am NOT calling him a fake.

But I am NOT going to believe something just because there is pictures. I could care less whether he has 2 posts or 2000 posts, the point is there is absolutely nothing that makes it any more believable than me saying I have a 2.4 build running on my nook.

Until a video is posted or deeper_blue can post more, you guys are just getting your hopes up in vapor(soft)ware. You act like I am calling out your mothers or something. I haven't once disrespected deeper_blue. And I can wait, after all I waited almost a whole year for the Motorola Cliq to get the 2.1 update.

Edit:

Do you remember that Divine_Madcat?

That is exactly my feelings towards this.

Thank you for your skepticism. Surely everyone here on XDA gives a **** about what you're saying. Oh heavenly blessed beauty whose inner beauty and beauty is simply divine and everlasting, thank you for calling someone out while posting absolutely nothing to help the community.

In other words, ralph pls go. (IE GTFO)

DiscoPh3v3r

Oct 30, 2010
Thank you for your skepticism. Surely everyone here on XDA gives a **** about what you're saying. Oh heavenly blessed beauty whose inner beauty and beauty is simply divine and everlasting, thank you for calling someone out while posting absolutely nothing to help the community.

In other words, ralph pls go. (IE GTFO)

LOL... wut? :rolleyes:
Thank you for joining in randomly? I don't know what I did to piss you off. I am just here bein an angel :)

urbanengine1

Dec 12, 2010
Hobart, Tasmania
Argghh all the junk posts in this thread are giving me a headache...

Personally i don't think i've heard (read) one person call blue a fraud, but i don't think there was any point in bringing up the fact that it may be fake when it was bound to start this annoying arguement:mad:.

And anyway, him having only 3 posts in not a viable reason to even suspect him of lying about this port, how would you like it if everything you said was dismissed due to your lowly post count?
Not very much i would assume.

Anyways (that word again!?!), why would you want to lie about such a thing?... sure you'll gain recognition for all of about 5 days before people start to leave the thread and it falls into a perpetual state of limbo (?)...

Please! Grow up people! :p

EDIT: uhoh i think this is a junk post too :eek:

Oh and please no reply saying "why don't you grow up you unsurping little upstart" or something of that ilk...

techboydino

Aug 31, 2009
Southeast, Pa
not to add to the time wasting useless posts in an otherwise exciting thread but everyone that doubts must not have been using Android all that long. Here's my proof why anything can happen.

G1 = Runs Froyo. Most (including HTC, TMO, mean people) said no way, impossible
HD2 = Just loaded Gingerbread. Not even an Android Phone. Early on, "not gonna happen, will take years, etc"

My mind is utterly blown from what XDA and others have produced in the past few years for Android. So if this is a sign of hope for those who might be new to Android, then take it for what it is. They will do it, be patient. The damn thing is like 3 months old and look how far we are now. I'm not a dev, but I'm not an idiot either. Im putting my money on the community getting Honeycomb to work. Just have to wait until then. Hell, Ill be happy with AOSP 2.2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    for all the people that can't wait:

graphics acceleration more or less working. The SGX driver seems too old for some buffer request of android 3.0, so right now the statusbar is invisible but still functional. Not sure if I can fix that or have to wait for the AOSP release.

What is not working... pretty much everything else, no accelerometer, no wlan, no sound. Haven't started working on those things yet.
    It does indeed run very slow so far.
    Touchscreen is working now. I'll try to get the graphics acceleration running over the weekend that should help with performance.

(and I think it's stupid that I can't post or reply in the development forum without having more than 10 posts.)
    I made a zombie out of the honeycomb preview and one of the nook kernels.
    Touch input doesn't work, no hardware acceleration etc.
    This is my 10th post. I think I'll start a thread in the dev section soon.
    A small update:

The graphics problem is due to the SGX drivers not supporting RGBX_8888 and android assuming it works. With the honeycomb source this would be no problem to fix with some ifs and a recompile. So instead I'm patching the binaries by hand. The statusbar still isn't visible but at least other programs work now instead of showing a black screen.

Still haven't looked into why the sensors don't work. I assume the interface might have changed ... I can see the acceleration sensor working at /dev/input/event3

I have it running from an SD card. It also seems to hibernate/sleep without a problem now.

I'll upload all of this to github and upload a binary somewhere when it's a little bit more usable.

Patience is a virtue (= I have a social life too).