Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
31st January 2011, 07:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Central Coast
Thanks Meter: 3,815

3,970 posts
Donate to Me
More
I apologize if this has been answered before, I have been searching for days (on XDA and Google) but to no avail.

My problem is that, whenever I perform any WRITE operation to my Wildfire's system/ folder, the phone will do a hard-restart. Here are some examples:

a) Titanium Backup's "Uninstall" for any system app
- I have tried every "Root/Stock Uninstaller" app on the market, all cause hard-crashes.

b) Manually deleting or renaming an APK file under system/apps/ using any file manager, or DroidExplorer on PC
- What happens here, is that the file manager will appear to succeed the delete/rename, but upon refreshing the folder the APK returns. Within ten seconds the phone will hard-crash.

c) Running NinjaMorph, the "startup checks" causes a hard-crash (AFTER I have allowed it with SuperUser)

d) Many more which I cannot remember at the moment.

I am using the Sunaabh v1.1 ROM, and I unlocked it with unrevoked3. I did make a backup of the original Telstra Pre-Paid Eclair ROM, but really don't want to have to go back until last resort. What can I try to do?

Should I go through the unrevoked method again? Is my phone somehow NAND locked or S-ON or something? Should I try a different ROM? Could it be HTC Sense or some other "protection" service that is blocking me out? Or maybe the busybox or clockworkmod on the NAND is bad... if so, where can I find a new recommended one?

Last night I did a full reset/cache-clear/dalvik-erase in Nandroid, then reflashed Sunaabh v1.1, and did NO other flashing or mods or installs, but - (a) connect to WiFi (b) Let market update itself (c) Install Titanium Backup Pro (d) Try to uninstall system app, and the crash still occurred.

Thanks in advance for any help. I am quite new to Android so I apologize if there's any confusion or nonsense here

EDIT: Oh, also, Titanium Backup is using it's own copy of BusyBox via the option, which doesn't help, so I assume the BusyBox on NAND (from unrevoked3 I believe) is fine.....
Last edited by CosmicDan; 31st January 2011 at 07:10 AM. Reason: See "EDIT:"
Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crash, nand, reset, root, wildfire
Previous Thread Next Thread