Ask a question

No registration required

Accessing apk files

OP Dezdemona

1st February 2011, 07:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Thank you in advance, this is a great community.

I am running cognition 3.04 and making my first attempt at transparent widgets. However, I am uncertain if I am properly set up to access and reinstall apk files. I can find them on my phone using the file explorer in Andriod Mate. However, it appears that when I plug my phone into the usb or use any other file exploring software, the base directory is /mnt/sdcard/ . I feel that I am missing a critical component of this process, as I do not have ready access to the files I need to alter and eventually replace.

Thank you again,
Dez
1st February 2011, 07:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,344

5,540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezdemona

Thank you in advance, this is a great community.

I am running cognition 3.04 and making my first attempt at transparent widgets. However, I am uncertain if I am properly set up to access and reinstall apk files. I can find them on my phone using the file explorer in Andriod Mate. However, it appears that when I plug my phone into the usb or use any other file exploring software, the base directory is /mnt/sdcard/ . I feel that I am missing a critical component of this process, as I do not have ready access to the files I need to alter and eventually replace.

Thank you again,
Dez

You would need to copy them from ur /system/app folder to some folder on ur sdcard to see them on computer.

Below is the file system layout.
/ (root)
/system
/system/app
/...
/...
/...

/sdcard
/sdcard/...
/sdcard/...
/sdcard/...
/sdcard/external_sd
/sdcard/external_sd/...
/sdcard/external_sd/...
/sdcard/external_sd/...

When u connect to computer, it mounts only the internal and external sd cards. It does not mount the system areas like system, data, etc.
Last edited by diablo009; 1st February 2011 at 07:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to diablo009 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread