Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Accessing apk files

Tip us?

Dezdemona
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Accessing apk files

Thank you in advance, this is a great community.

I am running cognition 3.04 and making my first attempt at transparent widgets. However, I am uncertain if I am properly set up to access and reinstall apk files. I can find them on my phone using the file explorer in Andriod Mate. However, it appears that when I plug my phone into the usb or use any other file exploring software, the base directory is /mnt/sdcard/ . I feel that I am missing a critical component of this process, as I do not have ready access to the files I need to alter and eventually replace.

Thank you again,
Dez

diablo009
Old
(Last edited by diablo009; 1st February 2011 at 06:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezdemona View Post
Thank you in advance, this is a great community.

I am running cognition 3.04 and making my first attempt at transparent widgets. However, I am uncertain if I am properly set up to access and reinstall apk files. I can find them on my phone using the file explorer in Andriod Mate. However, it appears that when I plug my phone into the usb or use any other file exploring software, the base directory is /mnt/sdcard/ . I feel that I am missing a critical component of this process, as I do not have ready access to the files I need to alter and eventually replace.

Thank you again,
Dez
You would need to copy them from ur /system/app folder to some folder on ur sdcard to see them on computer.

Below is the file system layout.
/ (root)
/system
/system/app
/...
/...
/...

/sdcard
/sdcard/...
/sdcard/...
/sdcard/...
/sdcard/external_sd
/sdcard/external_sd/...
/sdcard/external_sd/...
/sdcard/external_sd/...

When u connect to computer, it mounts only the internal and external sd cards. It does not mount the system areas like system, data, etc.

T Mobile Galaxy S5: [ROM] AllianceRom - Build 2

AT&T Galaxy S5: [ROM] Stock Rooted

All Infuse modems individually packed into CWM flashable packages

Android Memory Management
Customizing Icons

Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.
The Following User Says Thank You to diablo009 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]