Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 51,409 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Will you be buying a game gripper for your G2?
Heck Yes 201 84.45%
Nope, virtual controller is just fine. 37 15.55%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Game Gripper For HTC G2!

Tip us?

ImSoHungry
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
When did you guys order yours? I did priority shipping and still didnt get mine.

KiNG OMaR
Old
Thanks Meter 393

DONATE TO ME
Got mine yesterday, and I must say... THIS THING IS THE SHIIIIIIIT
[PHoNE] Nexus 5
[TaBLET] 2013 Nexus 7

PatrickHuey
Old
Thanks Meter 91
I want to order mine. Looks like reviews are great.

sent from my V I S I O N.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III
rooted, of course.

RayNbow
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
The left key is the ".com" key. The piece of plastic that presses down on the left key is not completely centered on the key. It is on the right of the key. Which doesn't give it perfect responsiveness and the push back click snapple bottle type thing. Really pisses me off because i ve heard so many good reviews about other. They should have made sure that it pressed down on the center plain and simple.

I will most likely contact them and see if we can get something changed... I would love for this thing to function correctly...
If the left key uses the ".com" key, then Desire Z users will have a problem. The Tab-key doesn't work in SNESoid.

ImSoHungry
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayNbow View Post
If the left key uses the ".com" key, then Desire Z users will have a problem. The Tab-key doesn't work in SNESoid.
then root it and use key mapper

bongd
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
K, first feedback!

I love everything about the game gripper EXCEPT! And its a big accept. Every key I press is nice and responsive but the left key...

The left key is the ".com" key. The piece of plastic that presses down on the left key is not completely centered on the key. It is on the right of the key. Which doesn't give it perfect responsiveness and the push back click snapple bottle type thing. Really pisses me off because i ve heard so many good reviews about other. They should have made sure that it pressed down on the center plain and simple.

I will most likely contact them and see if we can get something changed... I would love for this thing to function correctly...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App
An interim solution would be to put a dollop of adhesive to the contact. This should bring about a bit more pressure and make it work better.

I'm not sure if I'd contact them unless they were willing to ship out a new one in advance without replacing it. I'm just grateful either way. Can't wait until mine arrives in the mail!

HotShotAzn
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoHungry View Post
then root it and use key mapper
So if you use keymapper to remap the keys, than it's permanently remapped, right? Kind of sucks to have to go into keymapper before and after each time you play a game...

ImSoHungry
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShotAzn View Post
So if you use keymapper to remap the keys, than it's permanently remapped, right? Kind of sucks to have to go into keymapper before and after each time you play a game...
true, but think outside the box! There are ways to automate it. Either using Gscript to run a script on the click of a widget or Tasker to automagically run that script when you open snes or any of the other emu's and then run the script to put it back to normal automagically when you exit said emu.

HotShotAzn
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoHungry View Post
true, but think outside the box! There are ways to automate it. Either using Gscript to run a script on the click of a widget or Tasker to automagically run that script when you open snes or any of the other emu's and then run the script to put it back to normal automagically when you exit said emu.

Interesting...what's the name of the key mapping app? I've tried searching in the market but it didn't come up...

scottmog
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Re-did my control pad. Hard piece of plastic, I'll probably spray paint the thing.

Works perfect now, great rebound. Also linked the keys to "wasz", no ".com" or "d" anymore.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scottmog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]