Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TG01 Ultrasound

Tip us?

kevinpwhite
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Default TG01 Ultrasound

Slightly different price-tag to the basic TG01 phone.... here is a serious application for medical ultrasound usage... there was mention of a prototype in similar vein during 2009, but looks as if is now being turned fully commercial.
Devices:
1). Toshiba TG01 - WM6.5 custom ROM (TG01_KPW121227.001) + 128GB Sandisk uSDXC UHS-I + Mugen 1.3Ah battery
2). Toshiba e830 WiFi+BT, WM2003SE + OzVGA; 32GB CF, 4GB SD, Garmin cfQue 1620 GPS; Audiovox GSM/GPRS data CF; Socket LP-E Ethernet
External Storage
250GB ext'l HD (Toshiba 1.8" in compact USB enclosure + LIon battery + custom cables)
Multimedia:
Audio: PocketMusic 5.3.5 up to 1141k kBits/s (.wav) + Westone W4R canalphones, Video: Skinned Core Player MPEG 1 up to 8MBits/s

Pere
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpwhite View Post
Slightly different price-tag to the basic TG01 phone.... here is a serious application for medical ultrasound usage... there was mention of a prototype in similar vein during 2009, but looks as if is now being turned fully commercial.
I specially like this answer.....

Question:
David Doherty
I can't help but think the processor argument is a red herring... eg. the Qualcomm Snapdragon 1 GHz chipset that runs the Toshiba TG01 is found in a wide range of devices eg. the Samsung Omnia (Win 7), HTC HD2 & Nexus 1 (Android).

The Apple A4 chip is at least equivalent.

Answer
Agreed David. The limitation is likely the requirement for USB port to control, transfer data and power the 3rd party Ultrasound transducer used in this configuration. I'm certain there are limitations regarding processing power as well, but the kicker is the USB angle.

TG01 is still special....it has USB host!!!!

kevinpwhite
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere View Post

TG01 is still special....it has USB host!!!!
works a treat with a big external hard drive attached....

AND... it has a 'proper' resistive screen that you can actually write on in cursive script AS WELL AS being able to use fingers when appropriate; so pretty much the best of both....
Devices:
1). Toshiba TG01 - WM6.5 custom ROM (TG01_KPW121227.001) + 128GB Sandisk uSDXC UHS-I + Mugen 1.3Ah battery
2). Toshiba e830 WiFi+BT, WM2003SE + OzVGA; 32GB CF, 4GB SD, Garmin cfQue 1620 GPS; Audiovox GSM/GPRS data CF; Socket LP-E Ethernet
External Storage
250GB ext'l HD (Toshiba 1.8" in compact USB enclosure + LIon battery + custom cables)
Multimedia:
Audio: PocketMusic 5.3.5 up to 1141k kBits/s (.wav) + Westone W4R canalphones, Video: Skinned Core Player MPEG 1 up to 8MBits/s

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1547
This looks great; but IMO, I doubt anyone will buy this. The device is 2 years old and based on your average non-tech person who will read reviews won't see any good with this device.
However, some medical people who are highly interested in having a ultrasound scanner on their phone will consider this!
Google Nexus 4 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.4
Advent Tegra Note 7 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.2
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

kevinpwhite
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Default TG01 - ultrasound device launches commercially !

It seems that there is another chapter in the TG01 Ultrasound medical application....

The following article taken from Medgadget

Quote:
Mobisante MobiUS SP1 Smartphone-Based Ultrasound System Makes Its Commercial Debut........

Mobisante‘s smartphone-based MobiUS SP1 ultrasound is finally making its commercial debut. The USB ultrasound probe with the corresponding smartphone app already received FDA clearance last February, but it took the company quite a bit more time than expected to get its quality systems and a number of other FDA mandated controls in order.

Sadly, the MobiUS needs USB 2.0, and only works on the already two year-old Windows Mobile 6.5-based Toshiba TG01 smartphone, leaving iPhones and Android devices in the dark. Mobisante is looking into a tablet-based solution to move the product forward. The MobiUS can use the phone’s cellular and wifi connections for sending images for consultation or storage in the PACS system. The system is available at a starting pricepoint of $7,495, a price comparable to that of GE’s Vscan mobile ultrasound device.

I'm intrigued to know what terms these guys have agreed with Toshiba to either continue making the TG01 specifically for them, or otherwise to have retained sufficient stock for them to ensure they can both launch and subsequently support the Ultrasound scaner in a demanding operational environment.....
Devices:
External Storage
Multimedia: