Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[3 ROMs]Windows Phone 7 Branded ROMs for Surround, U/D on 31.03.2011, by ansar

Tip us?

ansar.ath.gr
Old
(Last edited by ansar.ath.gr; 31st March 2011 at 12:59 AM.) Reason: New ROM TELUS Operator added
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,846
Smile [3 ROMs]Windows Phone 7 Branded ROMs for Surround, U/D on 31.03.2011, by ansar

Dear forum members,

A new ROM for the TELUS operator RUU_Surround_TELUS_WWE_1.04.661.00_Radio_5.51.09.2 9_22.32.50.10U_by_ansar added, in detail:

A. Updates Summary

1. TELUS Operator New Branded ROM RUU_Surround_TELUS_WWE_1.04.661.00_Radio_5.51.09.2 9_22.32.50.10U_by_ansar added

2. [3] branded ROMs in total

1. Classification for Operator name and CID is added, see section: [B. Notes Summary]

06.02.2011:

1. The thread is uploaded

2. TELUS Operator New Branded ROM RUU_Surround_TELUS_WWE_1.04.661.02_Radio_5.52.09.1 6_22.33a.50.10U_by_ansar added

3. Cingular_US Operator Branded ROM RUU_Surround_Cingular_US_1.03.502.07_Radio_5.51.09 .06_22.30.50.09U_by_ansar added

B. Notes Summary

Note 1:

In order to identify your Surround phone ROM version see in your phone settings>about>more information:

Firmware revision number: 2250.09.10307.502

Your phone ROM version will be: 1.03.502.07

The characterisric value (CV) is: 502

Your Operator name and CIDs i.e.: Cingular_US operator, with CID CWS__001 can be found with this CV from following classification:

1. 502: Cingular_US operator, with CID CWS__001

2. 661: TELUS operator, with CID TELUS001

In case your phone operator name and the above ROM version of your phone is included in section:

D. Windows Phone 7 Branded ROMs

where ROMs are listed in a template form, in order to minimize post space, and:

[BR] is for Branded Rom, to check if it applies to your phone operator

then:

1. You can safely flash your phone with a new version of a Branded ROM and then return to the initial Branded ROM

2. In case only your phone operator name is included then you can flash a Branded ROM but no return is feasible to the initial Branded ROM

If so you can also go at link of Note 2 to flash any available Radio Unbranded ROM of your phone operator

Then you can go at link of Note 3 to flash any available Unbranded ROM of your phone operator

Note 2:

For Radio Unbranded ROMs to flash your phone see this link: Windows Phone 7 Radio Unbranded ROMs for Surround

Note 3:

For Unbranded ROMs to flash your phone see this link: Windows Phone 7 Unbranded ROMs for Surround (Pending ...)

C. Windows Phone 7 ROM Flashing Instructions

1. Unzip your downloaded *.zip file in a separate folder

2. Press and hold power-on/off button to power-off the phone

3. Press and hold volume-down button and then press power-on/off button to enter bootloader mode

4. When your phone enters the tricolor screen bootloader mode, release volume-down button

5. Connect your phone to your windows 7/vista/xp pc/laptop with a usb cable

6. Verify that your phone will be identified and relevant drivers will be installed by windows os of your pc/laptop

7. After completion of (6.) above, check the usb message connection on your phone screen

8. To flash the new ROM go to your pc/laptop folder of (1.) above

9. Double click on the ROMUpdateUtility.exe file and strictly follow the instructions on your pc/laptop screen

D. Windows Phone 7 Branded ROMs

All Branded ROMs are uploaded including the phone picture:

1. Cingular_US operator, with CID CWS__001:

1.1 BR: RUU_Surround_Cingular_US_1.03.502.07_Radio_5.51.09 .06_22.30.50.09U_by_ansar

2. TELUS operator, with CID TELUS001:

2.1 BR: RUU_Surround_TELUS_WWE_1.04.661.00_Radio_5.51.09.2 9_22.32.50.10U_by_ansar

2.2 BR: RUU_Surround_TELUS_WWE_1.04.661.02_Radio_5.52.09.1 6_22.33a.50.10U_by_ansar

Till next version, enjoy!!!

Regards, ansar.
The Following User Says Thank You to ansar.ath.gr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ansar.ath.gr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,846
Post #2 reserved for future use.

ansar.ath.gr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,846
Post #3 reserved for future use.

ansar.ath.gr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,846
Post #4 reserved for future use.

Aoshi_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Works perfectly

Thanks ansar, I'm not entirely sure of all the updates contained in this firmware, but it did sort out a few bugs

I picked up a surround from Telus on the first day of release, unlocked it and am now using it on Rogers.. One of the most notable features that's missing from these first gen surrounds is the lack of the "FIND" speech command... It's in the documentation, but it's not enabled in the original stock rom.

The TELUS rom you provided here enabled that, among a few other minor fixes.

Now the big question is; When NoDo is released, will it include firmware and radio updates?? Or will it be OS updates only?

elmanortega
Old
Thanks Meter 128

DONATE TO ME
ansar this software is not working in my hc surround, i got with the demo mode and flashed this rom but nothing changes, after a few minutes it goes back to demo mode.
i had a hd7 and it was on demo mode i flashed one of your roms and is fine now, why is not working in my surround?

ansar.ath.gr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoshi_ View Post
Thanks ansar, I'm not entirely sure of all the updates contained in this firmware, but it did sort out a few bugs

I picked up a surround from Telus on the first day of release, unlocked it and am now using it on Rogers.. One of the most notable features that's missing from these first gen surrounds is the lack of the "FIND" speech command... It's in the documentation, but it's not enabled in the original stock rom.

The TELUS rom you provided here enabled that, among a few other minor fixes.

Now the big question is; When NoDo is released, will it include firmware and radio updates?? Or will it be OS updates only?
Hi,

We wil wait for the final NoDo version that probably will be a major one.

Thanks for supporting!!

Regards, ansar.
The Following User Says Thank You to ansar.ath.gr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ansar.ath.gr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmanortega View Post
ansar this software is not working in my hc surround, i got with the demo mode and flashed this rom but nothing changes, after a few minutes it goes back to demo mode.
i had a hd7 and it was on demo mode i flashed one of your roms and is fine now, why is not working in my surround?
Hi,

Demo mode may also introduce CID problems and not only.

Which one did you flash, Cingular or TELUS?

Regards, ansar.

elmanortega
Old
Thanks Meter 128

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansar.ath.gr View Post
Hi,

Demo mode may also introduce CID problems and not only.

Which one did you flash, Cingular or TELUS?

Regards, ansar.
I flashed both cingular with the same result, it takes 5 seconds to get to 98% and 5 seconds from 98% to 100%. and the the unit reboots like new after a few swconds in the home screen all demo mode comes back.

ansar.ath.gr
Old
(Last edited by ansar.ath.gr; 12th February 2011 at 07:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmanortega View Post
I flashed both cingular with the same result, it takes 5 seconds to get to 98% and 5 seconds from 98% to 100%. and the the unit reboots like new after a few swconds in the home screen all demo mode comes back.
Hi,

If flashing is as you describe, this is the case that there is no actual flash taking place.

It is like a hard reset and that's why demo mode recovers.

You must disable demo mode with a registry change or otherway, and enter run mode.

Can you side load *.provxml or xap files, after chevron unlock?

Regards, ansar.