[KERNEL] SpeedMod Froyo [K13E HPCall VoodooSnd7 SharpnessFix STABLE]

Search This thread

2k4ever

Nov 11, 2010
All these volume control "problems" are caused by the new Voodoo App. supercurio has modified the way the hardware volume buttons work... if u don't like it, use the old version first. hopefully supercurio sorts it out soon.

P.S. The next version of SpeedMod will have selectable color temperature and brighter auto-brightness minimum in CWM, so it will be one version for all.

Sounds great, thanks hardcore!
one step closer to a completely user-configurable configurable auto-brightness

about the volume buttons: according to supercurio, the new behavior ensures the best sound possible:
FAQ:

How to get the best sound quality ?

The best quality for headphone is obtained:
1/ by setting the Android digital sound level to the maximum or close to it
2/ then using the new analog level to choose the sound pressure that suits your needs
This way, you will get the lowest hiss, best signal-to-noise ratio and lowest distortion.

Edit: I'v just updated to the latest version of voodoo control app and it does look a bit strange...

Last edited:

jebise101

Jan 22, 2010
Guys having weird weird issues flash K12U again see if that fixes the issue. If not disable all tweaks boot into android and then go back into recovery and enable all tweaks again.

I know this should have no effect, but it has helped me and its not going to kill you to see if it helps you as well.

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
All these volume control "problems" are caused by the new Voodoo App. supercurio has modified the way the hardware volume buttons work... if u don't like it, use the old version first. hopefully supercurio sorts it out soon.

P.S. The next version of SpeedMod will have selectable color temperature and brighter auto-brightness minimum in CWM, so it will be one version for all.

You just released K12U.
Does it have these color temperature & auto-brightness settings in CWM??

Cotw

Jul 26, 2010
Santiago
www.camilosinger.com
Guys having weird weird issues flash K12U again see if that fixes the issue. If not disable all tweaks boot into android and then go back into recovery and enable all tweaks again.

I know this should have no effect, but it has helped me and its not going to kill you to see if it helps you as well.
I just tried that, it didn't work. I even tried using Odin to flash the kernel, disabled tweaks... video recording still doesn't work.

ushkakaka

Nov 24, 2010
Klang
hi guys, need your help.

flashing speedmod k12U (from K12T, darky 9.1), but its been stucked at "installing update" like for 10 minutes!

i don remember needing soooo long to flash a kernel.

May i know what can i do?

Thx guys . appreciate it

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
hi hardcore, thx 4 ur great work =)

i've already posted this on the voodoo sound thread, but maybe you're interested too:

i'd like to suggest a feature. some people may remember it from the SE Walkman phones:
by long pressing the volume down/up buttons you could go to the last/next song without activating the screen (standby)

do you think this would be possible for the galaxy s too?? would be soooo nice
i know that the lock screen has sort of shortcuts for that, but with the volume buttons you would not even have to look at the screen any more (i.e. driving in the car...)

c ya, sonic5

Use a player that supports the headpset mic switch to change songs:
  • doubble press next song
  • triple press prev song
...or the opposite, don't remember. PowerAmp has this feature, but maybe other free players has it too.

For the car...use something like this: http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110635574278&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT using only the cable from the jack to the mic, and connect a jack<->jack cable to it to connect to the car.

Now you have song selection...by a click...and you only need a cable in you hand, non a phone ;)

razze76

Sep 24, 2010
does it matters if i applied lagfixes on O2 optimisations then changed to kernel with O3 ?

It does not matter. What the lagfix really does is convert the file system from one type to another. This means that if you use EXT4 you should be able to use any kernel with support for EXT4 without the need for "unlagfixing" in between. In practice there might be differences in mount options that might have some impact so follow the kernel developers' instructions.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

KennyLegend

Jan 13, 2011
Cork
I just tried that, it didn't work. I even tried using Odin to flash the kernel, disabled tweaks... video recording still doesn't work.

you might have to do a back up and flash the Rom again. i was having a few strange issues with my SGS last few days. flashing the kernel didnt solve my problems either. i re-flashed the Rom, then the kernel and all is good again.

Sent from another GALAXY

hardcore

Sep 12, 2006
K12U was just out, but here is K13A-T1!

Changes:
- Single version for neutral/cold/warm color, selectable from Recovery
- Option to disable darkest auto-brightness level, selectable from Recovery
- Minor optimizations to brightness sensor driver

Otherwise it is the same as K12U.

Attachments

• speedmod-kernel-k13a-t1-500hz-CWM.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 2,366
  • speedmod-kernel-k13a-t1-500hz.zip
    6 MB · Views: 705
Last edited:

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010

Changes:

:eek::eek::eek:...bump!

Cotw

Jul 26, 2010
Santiago
www.camilosinger.com
you might have to do a back up and flash the Rom again. i was having a few strange issues with my SGS last few days. flashing the kernel didnt solve my problems either. i re-flashed the Rom, then the kernel and all is good again.

Sent from another GALAXY
You mean flashing a Rom like Darky's or Doc's? Or making a backup, wiping and then flashing that backup again? 'Cause I believe if I do that, the issue may not go away at all. I might give it a try though. Thanks for the input :)

KennyLegend

Jan 13, 2011
Cork
You mean flashing a Rom like Darky's or Doc's? Or making a backup, wiping and then flashing that backup again? 'Cause I believe if I do that, the issue may not go away at all. I might give it a try though. Thanks for the input :)

Im assuming you have a custom Rom like docs or darkyys. i mean do a factory reset from CWM then flash Rom again then flash kernel. worked for me .

Sent from another GALAXY

currydude

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 7, 2010
Sydney
Is it just me or does apps look smaller now? Doodle Jump/Taskos/App Drawer for LauncherPro looks like it decreased in size and text look smaller? It has the same effect as LCD Density (note that I have already uninstalled LCD Density - haven't used it in months)
Could this be due to the new "AMOLED processing mode in MDNIE" setting hardcore? I'm using the latest Stable K12U

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi people. This kernel aims to be fast, compatible, stable, and have good battery life. It makes our Galaxy S run the way it should.

This kernel is for the International Galaxy S (I9000) and Bell Mobility Vibrant (I9000M)

The SpeedMod kernel for the AT&T Captivate is available here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=893880

Note: Only lagfixes using EXT4 are robust. Other lagfixes run the risk of data loss on freezing, hard-reboots, or sudden power loss.

WARNING: Before you try any lagfix, make sure that you have enough free space on your Internal SD. You should have at least more free space than data+dbdata+cache combined.

Latest K13E (12-Apr) - Voodoo Sound v7. Lowmemorykiller fixes. Improved display sharpness using AMOLED processing mode in MDNIE. Support for voice calls through headphones. Check here for more info and downloads.

>>> Click here for the installation procedure using Odin.

>>> If you have questions, please read the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions first!

>>> What is the SpeedMod kernel?

Latest features:

- Compiled using codesourcery 2010.09: Faster and more battery efficient
    - The only properly working Tiny RCU implementation, thanks to Paul McKenney
    - More efficient: Removed debug logging from kernel and Android
    - Most updated version of my Enhanced Universal Lagfix fork with improved stability
    - Full Android 2.2.1 ROM compatibility

This kernel has:

- Based on JPX Android 2.2.1 kernel source
    - Works on all stock Froyo 2.2 and 2.2.1 ROMs and popular custom ROMs
    - 340MB RAM
    - Enhanced version of sztupy's Universal Lagfix
    - Includes neldar's BackLightNotification 2.3 from https://github.com/project-voodoo/backlightnotification/tree/master/kernel_patches/
    - Sharpness (AMOLED mode) & color fixes for the screen
    - SpeedMod: Replaced kernel jhash2 with jhash3
    - Includes my Startup Tweaks from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=813309
    - Adjusted kernel HZ value to improve smoothness
    - Uses BFQ IO scheduler by default, from http://algo.ing.unimo.it/people/paolo/disk_sched/sources.php
    - Updated ext4 code in kernel from http://www2.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tytso/ext4-patches/
    - Properly working Tiny RCU for better speed and efficiency from http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=ke...it;h=9b1d82fa1611706fa7ee1505f290160a18caf95d
    - Patched lowmemorykiller for compatibility with Tiny RCU from http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=ke...ff;h=5545554aac04918ece318270d63cbfcb015577a9
    - Optimized compiler flags: -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp

--------------------------------

FOR BEGINNERS:

This kernel is based on sztupy's Universal Lagfix: Lagfix and root options are accessible by booting into the Recovery Menu.

To get the best speed, it is recommended that you enable all Tweaks from the Recovery Menu. Tweaks are under SpeedMod features. Info on Tweaks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=813309

How to root: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8896862&postcount=90

Kernel HZ value: HZ=500 is smoother, HZ=256 is Samsung default.

Memory configs (K10J and later):

CONFIG_ANDROID_PMEM_MEMSIZE_PMEM=2048
    CONFIG_ANDROID_PMEM_MEMSIZE_PMEM_GPU1=4096
    CONFIG_ANDROID_PMEM_MEMSIZE_PMEM_ADSP=1500
    CONFIG_WLAN_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_BCM=256
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_FIMC0=12288
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_FIMC1=1024
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_FIMC2=12288
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_MFC0=32768
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_MFC1=32768
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_TEXSTREAM=10240
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_FIMD=3072

Memory configs (K10I and earlier):

CONFIG_ANDROID_PMEM_MEMSIZE_PMEM=4096 *#
    CONFIG_ANDROID_PMEM_MEMSIZE_PMEM_GPU1=8192 *#
    CONFIG_ANDROID_PMEM_MEMSIZE_PMEM_ADSP=1500
    CONFIG_WLAN_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_BCM=256
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_FIMC0=11264 **
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_FIMC1=1024
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_FIMC2=11264 **
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_MFC0=30720 ##
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_MFC1=30720 ##
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_JPEG=1024 *#
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_TEXSTREAM=6144 ^^
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_FIMD=3072

** FIMC0/2 = Below this and 720P video recording won't work
    ## MFC0/1 = Below this and 720P video playback won't work
    *# PMEM/PMEM_GPU1/JPEG = Taken from default values for Galaxy Tab
    ^^ TEXTREAM = Too low and 3G video call stops working

THANKS: Big thanks to sztupy for his kernel compiler VM and ULFK, lastufo for testing compiler optimizations, ykk_five for testing memory configs, and others who gave ideas or helped.

WARNING: If you use a custom boot animation, apps like One Click Lag Fix will not work because it disables the playlogos1 script hack.

The files with ending with -CWM are for flashing using Clockwork Recovery.
    These other zip files are for flashing with ODIN.

About USB Mounts:

>>> Click here to download the USB mount fixes. Latest SpeedMod versions do not need this fix. The fix is for using K12E or older with 2.2 ROMs. It fixes the problem where Internal SD mounts as a read-only drive on the PC, or if the External SD does not get mounted.

>>> If you have questions, please read the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions first!

>>> CLICK HERE to DOWNLOAD the kernels.
    Updated test: K12Q-T7:

This version is unbelievably smooth!

Android Logger (logcat) disabled by default (can be re-enabled via Tweaks).
    Kernel debug messages have been disabled.
    Fixed the super loud notifications with Voodoo Sound.

Changes from K12P:

- Disabled Android Logger (can be re-enabled via Tweaks)
    - Disabled all kernel debug messages for efficiency
    - Changed boot logo to I897 logo for AT&T Captivate version
    - Changed /cache to ext4nj in recommended ext4 lagfix to fix large Market downloads
    - Optional IPv6 Privacy support in Tweaks
    - Voodoo Sound v2 compatible
    - Fixed loud notification problem with headphones
    - Fixed popping / clicking noise when music and FM radio is stopped / started
    - Better FM Radio sound:
    - - Really removed the high pass filter and DRC from FM Radio (restores full bass)
    - - Turn on 4FS mode for ADC in FM Radio (smoother high frequencies)
    - - Turn on 128x oversampling for ADC and DAC in FM Radio mode
    - Adjusted volume of FM Radio and Media Playback to be similar
    - General sound quality improvements:
    - - Maximized digital mixer output to improve SNR and resolution
    - - 128x oversampling option in Voodoo Sound enabled by default
    - - Explicitly disable DRC and NG during media playback, if +1.5dB mode is NOT selected

For those people who requested IPv6 privacy, please let me know if it works in this version.
    On 12A, the battery seems better - but only marginally so - i still see Wifi using 35% on a mostly idle phone. If I remember right, the previous usage used to be around 5% - definitely single digit. Something is still wrong with wifi with JPY ROM/Modem....
    Its not the ROM or modem. I think its the new Wifi firmware. I've started a thread to collect Wifi firmware versions.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=885903

In the meantime, if you want u can experiment. I've created update.zip packages to update/overwrite the wifi firmware (it's in /system/etc/wifi).

You can try to use the older (DXJPA) wifi firmware and see how that does in terms of power.
    If you don't like it, you can put back the XXJPY wifi firmware with the other package.

Let me know your findings, if u try it out.

DXJPA wifi firmware is working fine with my XXJPY rom. Gonna check out the battery usage.

FYI:
    DXJPA: Firmware version = wl0: Jun 4 2010 14:21:21 version 4.218.214.3
    XXJPY: Firmware version = wl0: Nov 16 2010 08:56:21 version 4.218.250.38

Changes:

SpeedMod + Voodoo Sound test version!

K12L-T5:

Changes from K12K:
    - Improvements to FM Radio sound: remove Dynamic Range Compression
    - Voodoo Sound v1: FM radio bass fix, controllable headphone output via app
    - rear speaker volume +1 for media
    - light sensor polling interval changed to 2s instead of 0.5s
    (saves battery, more stable brightness levels)
    - light sensor sensitivity adjusted so that the screen doesn't turn bright so easily
    (saves battery and reduces screen burn)
    - adjustments to IO Tweak (super smooth now!)
    - changed battery level polling interval to 60 seconds, from 5 seconds

Note that you need Supercurio's Voodoo app to adjust the headphone level. If u don't install it, the default level is the same level as K12K (+1 from Nexus S, or +3 from SGS).

PS. The FM radio sound is really awesome after those voice filters have been removed!