[SCRIPT] ROM Packager [UPDATE 7/2]

Search This thread

bohdans

Jun 8, 2008
Hi All,
I thought I might share this little script I have made.

Very Simply it is a Batch file that Will UnTar / Tar Oidin compatible files to flash. It also selects the relevant files for each type (Phone/PDA/CSC/Full).
Now also will create .md5 files for flashing and can compress to 7 zip!.
It will automatically use the files needed to make a CSC, Phone, PDA or Full type flash file and can auto split a Single Flash package into 3 separate ones!

It is very basic but very handy for creating a ROM package for a certain Country/CSC or with a certain Modem.

Also Splits a single ROM into a PDA/Phone/CSC.

UPDATE:
7/2 - v2 - Added MD5 support to script. Use v2.
9/2 - v3 - Lots of code cleanup, should be easier to use. Also added 7-zip support!
* Note directory layout has now changed, less confusing now I hope :)

Attachments

• PackageROMv1.7z
    549.7 KB · Views: 4,848
  • PackageROMv2.7z
    569.5 KB · Views: 2,889
  • PackageROMv3.7z
    792.5 KB · Views: 12,900
Last edited:

ragin

Dec 17, 2007
Hubli
I use peazip for the same work, but an automated script is way better. Congrats.

lownoise

Sep 3, 2010
md5sum support

Hi All,

Very Simply it is a Batch file that Will UnTar / Tar Oidin compatible files to flash. It also selects the relevant files for each type (Phone/PDA/CSC/Full).

It is very basic but very handy for creating a ROM package for certain country or with a Certain Modem.

Thanks for the script!
Could you also add md5sum support:confused:

coradux

Mar 24, 2009
Hi All,

It is very basic but very handy for creating a ROM package for certain country or with a Certain Modem.

UPDATE:
7/2 - Added MD5 support to script. Use v2.

Option 8 misses from menu (I put the tar file in "in" and still misses).

bohdans

Jun 8, 2008
Option 8 misses from menu (I put the tar file in "in" and still misses).

Hi,
Issue is fixed in Version 3. Also know has a packaged and extracted folder instead of in and out, hopefully that will make more sense. Tar's, MD5's and 7-zip files are in Packaged, all the raw files are in extracted.

Also added 7-zip support as requested.

ragin

Dec 17, 2007
Hubli
Hi,
Issue is fixed in Version 3. Also know has a packaged and extracted folder instead of in and out, hopefully that will make more sense. Tar's, MD5's and 7-zip files are in Packaged, all the raw files are in extracted.

Also added 7-zip support as requested.

Hi,

I have created a PDA package of XWJS5 with SpeedMod k13a 500hz using your APP. Worked correctly except for one thing. The main ******.tar file containing all the files wasn't detected by option 8 whether I put it in /extracted or in the main folder. Where do I put it? I used Peazip ultimately to extract my *.tar.

PS : I used your V3

bohdans

Jun 8, 2008
Hi,

I have created a PDA package of XWJS5 with SpeedMod k13a 500hz using your APP. Worked correctly except for one thing. The main ******.tar file containing all the files wasn't detected by option 8 whether I put it in /extracted or in the main folder. Where do I put it? I used Peazip ultimately to extract my *.tar.

PS : I used your V3

So you need to place your original tar into the packaged folder

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

IamSonoma

Mar 9, 2009
Nice idea once I used Win 7. WinXP does not have CHOICE.EXE/COM by default. SET /p works with minor configuration.

Good work.

IamSonoma

Mar 9, 2009
Hi,
I dont have any PC's that still run XP. IF you want to post the modifications it needs I will update the Script and give you credit :D

It would take a lot of work. It will involve changing every CHOICE command. I have rewritten the main and full sections.

I believe pulling the choice command out of win 7 (c:\windows) might be easier.
I will test it later today.

Edit: The windows 7 choice won't work :p

The first menu is easy...
Code:
rem CHOICE /C:123456789 /N /M "Please Select Type of ROM to Package:"
rem IF ERRORLEVEL 9 GOTO EXIT
rem IF ERRORLEVEL 8 GOTO EXTRACT
rem IF ERRORLEVEL 7 GOTO COMPRESS
rem IF ERRORLEVEL 6 GOTO MD5
rem IF ERRORLEVEL 5 GOTO MSPLIT
rem IF ERRORLEVEL 4 GOTO MCSC
rem IF ERRORLEVEL 3 GOTO MPHONE
rem IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO MPDA
rem IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO MFULL
SET menuchoice=0
SET /P menuchoice=Please make your decision: 
ECHO.
IF %menuchoice%==1 (GOTO MFULL)
IF %menuchoice%==2 (GOTO MPDA)
IF %menuchoice%==3 (GOTO MPHONE)
IF %menuchoice%==4 (GOTO MCSC)
IF %menuchoice%==5 (GOTO MSPLIT)
IF %menuchoice%==6 (GOTO MD5)
IF %menuchoice%==7 (GOTO COMPRESS)
IF %menuchoice%==8 (GOTO EXTRACT)
IF %menuchoice%==9 (GOTO EXIT)

The second gets complicated. It will take some rewriting.
Code:
REM CHOICE /C YN /M "WARNING: Do you wish to Continue? (This will Delete any FULL.tar files in \compressed)"
REM IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO MENU

set /p yn="WARNING: Do you wish to Continue? (This will Delete any FULL.tar files in \compressed)" 
if "%yn%"=="" (echo Not entry)  
if /I "%yn%"=="n" (GOTO MENU)
if /I "%yn%"=="y" (GOTO MFULL_TAR)

If others can use Vista and Win 7 "CHOICE" command I probably would not invest a lot of time in it unless you want too. SET /P is universal and works for WIN XP and WIN7.
I have WIN 7 at work and it does as it should.

Attachments

• choice.rar
    17.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

elijahblake

Feb 18, 2010
Brandon, MS
Ok,

So i know this is for the I9000, but theoretically will it work for the US galaxy S versions?

I'm wanting to create an Odin Flash file for the Galaxy S SCH-i500 "Showcase" since we're the only Galaxy S that doesn't have one.. And if I could use this to get this done it would be VERY helpful!!!

I tried creating a .tar from zipping my showcase_system.rfs and the zImage together but that didn't work.. I don't know if it's just b/c we don't have a pit file or what..

Any suggestions would be VERY helpful and appreciated...

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

Now also will create .md5 files for flashing and can compress to 7 zip!.
    It will automatically use the files needed to make a CSC, Phone, PDA or Full type flash file and can auto split a Single Flash package into 3 separate ones!

It is very basic but very handy for creating a ROM package for a certain Country/CSC or with a certain Modem.

UPDATE:
    7/2 - v2 - Added MD5 support to script. Use v2.
    9/2 - v3 - Lots of code cleanup, should be easier to use. Also added 7-zip support!
    * Note directory layout has now changed, less confusing now I hope :)
    Thanks for the script!
    Could you also add md5sum support:confused:

Hi,
    MD5 Support added :D