Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

List of Apps that work on the Treo Pro!

Tip us?

disgruntledjanitor
Old
(Last edited by disgruntledjanitor; 17th August 2010 at 05:15 PM.) Reason: Clearify
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Talking List of Apps that work on the Treo Pro!

Here is a list of programs that I have encountered to work on the Treo Pro:

Treo Alert PRO 9.0 Beta 10:
-Manages LEDs to when events occur
-Manages vibration when events occur
-And More! A Must Have.
- Here

RealVGA:
- Switch between 96 DPI and 128 DPI.

SPB Mobile Shell:
-Works with default theme. Haven't figured out how to customize yet.

S2U2:
- Slide to Unlock Screen. Customizable like it's another Today Screen.
- Need to disable Treo Pro's default Lock Screen. Search!

SKtools:
- A Must Have. Many Tweaks that make Treo Pro faster plus it has Backup/Restore that works very well.

Advance Configuration Tool:
- Another Must Have. Many tweaks.

Androkkid:
-Customizable Today Screens with Plug ins, haven't figured out how to use yet.

Today Agenda:
-Displays Appointments/Tasks plug in for the today screen. Customizable to unlimited list.

WeatherPanel:

-Customizable Plug in for weather with icons and themes. Look for PhatPhinger 320x320 Theme. Looks Great!

Wisbar Desktop:
-Homescreen builder right on your touchscreen. Just about Anything is possible! It just takes forever.

Phone Alarm:
-Customizable Alarms, eventsm etc. with skin support.

Enjoy! Anyone please add to this. Looking for 320x320 supported Themes & Apps!
Attached Files
File Type: cab TREO ALERT PRO 9.0 beta10.cab - [Click for QR Code] (458.2 KB, 744 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to disgruntledjanitor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

3skimo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
FDC Soft Task Manager
- very advanced task manager

NoData
- saves you monie$ if you're not on data plan (disables GPRS, EDGE, etc. connections)

SoftReset
- because Treo Pro needs it once in a while ....

VAlert
- lets you set up your own vibration templates for incoming calls, e.g. pulsing vibrate. HookMgr required - see below

HookMgr
- fixes the bug which causes the KeyGuard to malfunction with some apps running in the background (e.g. Fring, VAlert)

all Resco apps (File Explorer, Contacts, Photo Manager, Audio Recorder)
- very useful suite of thumb-friendly apps

Iconsoft PhonEx
- thumb-friendly and eye-candy dialer and contact manager, huge RAM footprint though (2MB)
The Following User Says Thank You to 3skimo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dinoSnake
Old
(Last edited by dinoSnake; 7th October 2010 at 09:39 PM.) Reason: add additional apps
Thanks Meter 2
Adobe Flash Player 7
- self explanatory

pcAnywhere 11.5 Mobile
- v11.5 compatible ONLY. Any other version of pcAMobile, including 12, is NOT compatible. Runs but will have screen tearing in main menu; remote operation fully functional

CleanRAM
- RAM "compaction" and "cleaner". I prefer to just do a SoftReset instead of wasting time on RAM "compaction"

ICBM
- Missile Command clone

Kevtris
- Tetris clone, with upgrades

Distant Galaxies
- 2D vertical scroller space battle game. Can sometimes mess up Today screen's carrier plugin (especially when using Treo Alert Pro). Go into your Today screen settings any time this happens, turn off Date then re-enable, then exit, for instant repair.

Pocket UNO
- classic card game

SmartMahjongg
- run with screen scaling disabled

Google Maps
- GPS mapping system, will run on Sprint Treo Pro without difficulty. GTP may require GPS bootstrapping first using GPSStarter, etc.

Bing
- GPS mapping, net search, local business directory, etc. Runs without difficulty on STP

Trapster
- P2P traffic, road hazard and speedtrap GPS-enabled reporting system

IEToggle
- small menu program that allows IE to run in either Pocket IE (single column read) or IE6 mode.

Kinoma Play
- media and YouTube player. Acquired taste

Microsoft MyPhone
- cloud backup system

Ministumbler
- 802.11 WiFi network scanning tool

Opera Mini 5 Beta 3
- internet browser utilizing server-based compression

Opera Mobile 9.7
Opera Mobile 10
- 'full featured' internet browsers

Pandora
- streaming music. Requires simple registry fix to repair incorrect TCP MTU setting

PHM Registry Editor
- name says it all

Skyfire 1.0
- internet browser utilizing server-based compression

STB TV2
- streaming video player

WeatherBug
- Today screen weather plugin. Graphics, multiple locations, severe weather warnings and more

YouTube v2.4
- streaming video player
The Following User Says Thank You to dinoSnake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

disgruntledjanitor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Change Skin

Change Skin:
If you have SPB Mobile Shell, here is an app that allows you to change skins without a soft reset.

http://www.imarche.net/omnia/index.php

As far as I know this is the only way for SPB Mobile Shell to work on the Treo Pro as it supports 320x320.

I am having trouble with adding new widgets to the themes. I have the list of them but when I try to add the new widgets in Mobile Shell the list is not there.

Anyone can help me?

dinoSnake
Old
(Last edited by dinoSnake; 28th January 2011 at 03:02 AM.) Reason: add additional apps!
Thanks Meter 2
Default Moar apps!

BTW, all apps I mention have been personally tested for functionality on a Sprint Treo Pro ("STP").

Also, I am still using all apps mentioned except Kinoma [Free]Play and CleanRAM, both of which I did not like and uninstalled (Kinoma after much hair pulling over the decision). I was trying to give Kinoma the benefit of the doubt but all it did was try my patience every single time I (was sometimes 'forced') to use it.

GPSWeatherRadar
- GPS positioning enabled satellite & radar weather

WMStopWatch
- stopwatch and countdown timer functions. 'Digital' (rather than faux-analog) time readout interface, can play WAV file (only format supported) at end of countdown

ScanLife
- 2D barcode scanner

Weather to Go
- Today screen weather plugin. Graphics, multiple locations, etc.

WeatherPanel
XDA-developed Today screen weather plugin app. Graphics, multiple locations, historical weather graphs, choice of Today plugin theme formats and looks, etc. IMHO the best weather for WinMo devices. Download the WeatherPanel app plus the PhatPhinger 320x320 theme as well as the Phat+48+Classic theme mod to get all Today plugin options and correct format for Treo Pro.
The Following User Says Thank You to dinoSnake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

treoprodragon
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default more apps

Since the official Opera Mini 3 was released a few weeks ago, it has been great. So glad I could finally set it as the default browser on my treo pro, it's like it breathed new life into it!

Here's a few other apps that I have installed in my Sprint Treo Pro.

WMWiFiRouter - never could get the HTC wifirouter to work on my treo pro, but this is solid and steady.

BeyondPod - RSS feed reader and podcast manager. Easy download of your favorit podcasts.

Yomomedia - another RSS feed reader and podcast manager

Kinoma Play - A little expensive but good piece of software

KeePassPPC - mobile passwords, wish it was more finger friendly, but do like it because I can copy the password file to my desktop and use the desktop version.

DCP Enable Roaming - enables roaming button on Sprint treo pro. Great for me, because the Sprint signal is weak where I work and I sometimes have to flip it to roaming to get a good verizon signal.

Endomondo - GPS tracker. I tried SportyPal, and it didn't work, Endomondo is pretty good though.

Gmail 2.0.6 (java) - I don't really like the way WinMo Outlook works with gmail, but do have ActiveSync pulling in my Gmail contacts.

Bolt Browser (java) - When Opera Mini doesn't work, Bolt usually will.
The Following User Says Thank You to treoprodragon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmelo76
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 165

DONATE TO ME
Stick Thread!
Galaxy Note 16GB + 32GB
ROM: 4.0.3 ICS Vivo - N7000VILP2
Kernel: 3.0.15-N7000UBLPD UBKL2

dinoSnake
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Tell me, Treoprodragon, how is Kinoma Play full (paid) edition? The fact is, the STP came with Kinoma FreePlay (the no-cost version) from the factory...and I hated it SO much that I deleted it, even though it was free and OEM.

FreePlay's worse offense was when I went to open up an image, say from the SD card - Kinoma would open, display the picture and overlay "Preparing" (I can't remember the exact wording)...sometimes for over 1 MINUTE. Sometimes it would NEVER give me back control of the app, just staying locked on "Preparing", and I'd not only have to kill Kinoma but do a soft reset because of the ensueing memory leak. Grrrr

I did a reg hack to get my picture viewers back to MS OEM...but the I found FreePlay shows fewer YouTube results than the actual YouTube player, contrary to Kinoma's claims to the contrary.

In other words, Kinoma FreePlay simply seemed to do everything WRONG.

ptrxda
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Mass Storage for Treo Pro

nueMassStorage seems to be working fine.
I am using version 1.2 installed via CAB file. Just tap new icon (not old one) inside settings -> connections -> USB to PC, select Mass storage, while advanced networking will be disabled under inactive Activesync part.

tested on GSM version T850UEU-1.01-VFU

The Following User Says Thank You to ptrxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]