[APP] Clipboard + Notes 6.1.3 [08/12/15]

Search This thread

martino2k6

Jul 31, 2009
London
martino2k6.wordpress.com
[APP] Clipboard + Notes 6.3.1 [04/05/2016]

Clipboard + Notes is a simple clipboard manager which watches your clipboard for any changes and saves its contents for later use. Contents can be starred and labelled, as well as added manually, which makes the app a handy tool for note taking.

The contents from the clipboard history can be copied into the clipboard again, they can be edited, deleted, searched, and shared too. When sharing links they can be optionally shortened if URLy is installed. Any links in the contents will be quickly picked up and extra options will be available to open or share them directly from the device. HTTP and Market links are amongst the supported types.

Clipboard + Notes can be easily turned off from the settings if it is no longer needed, and its operation can be customised to match the user's needs. The clipboard collection is intelligently stopped when the device isn't being used any more, which makes it very battery-friendly.

In addition it integrates with the Android Quick Search Bar so you can directly search your clipboard history. It further integrates with Google's cloud backup and restore, so any time you wipe your device your contents and settings will be restored the next time you install the application (only works on Android 2.3+ and backup/restore must be enabled in the 'Privacy' settings for your device).

A little extra hand is at help too in case you would like to share to clipboard. The app supports this functionality as well, so just pick something to share, and select Clipboard + Notes from the window. The item you just shard will now have been copied into the clipboard.

Google Play

Reviews:

Attachments

• device-2015-11-17-232809.png
    device-2015-11-17-232809.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 527
  • device-2015-11-17-233153.png
    device-2015-11-17-233153.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 513
  • device-2015-11-17-233244.png
    device-2015-11-17-233244.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 505
  • device-2015-11-17-233354.png
    device-2015-11-17-233354.png
    136 KB · Views: 481
  • device-2015-11-17-233423.png
    device-2015-11-17-233423.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 456
  • device-2015-11-17-233443.png
    device-2015-11-17-233443.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 450
  • device-2015-11-17-233525.png
    device-2015-11-17-233525.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 433
  • device-2015-11-17-233624.png
    device-2015-11-17-233624.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 414
  • Clipboard_+_Notes-6.3.1.10-release.apk
    3.4 MB · Views: 181
Last edited:

martino2k6

Jul 31, 2009
London
martino2k6.wordpress.com
Version 1.2 is out, changes include:
  • Clipboard history will be saved across reboots and service shutdowns
  • Edit clipboard contents
  • Added date to older contents
  • Added fallback click option
  • Numerous bug fixes

Enjoy :)

P.S. Would it be helpful if the text which is currently in the clipboard was highlighted, for example the font was bold or text bigger? It is always at the top in the list, but not sure if that makes sense/occurs to everyone.

Last edited:

fnetf

Hy I like your Tool. I look long time ago to find something like this.
There is one problem I recognized, sometimes when I press Copy Link it happen nothing in Clipboard Contents. Then I switch off & on the service and my Link is displaying in the History !

martino2k6

Jul 31, 2009
London
martino2k6.wordpress.com
Hy I like your Tool. I look long time ago to find something like this.
There is one problem I recognized, sometimes when I press Copy Link it happen nothing in Clipboard Contents. Then I switch off & on the service and my Link is displaying in the History !
Hi, glad you like it :)

So let me understand this correctly. You have some items in the list, you long-click on one of them (not the top one), click copy to clipboard and nothing happens in the list? What should happen is that the one you copied should be moved to the top of the list. What happens when you click on 'Refresh'? Same thing as when you turn the service off and on, or is it different?

I've never had this issue happen to me so I'm just trying to understand whether there are some particular steps which make it happen. Anyway, I'll take a look at the code, but any extra information would be helpful. Thanks.

martino2k6

Jul 31, 2009
London
martino2k6.wordpress.com
No, not like this. I want to copy an item to the List and nothing happens. Then I switch off and on the service ones a time then the copy works !!!
OK, I understand now... I think :)

The problem is that the service refreshes every X seconds, depending on how you have it set in the settings. If you copy something and open the list, the service might not have refreshed yet and therefore the item won't appear in the list. If you know you copied something and it's not there you should just hit the 'Refresh' button and it should appear, that's the reason why I put it there.

Reactions: fnetf

martino2k6

Jul 31, 2009
London
martino2k6.wordpress.com
Version 1.3 is out with the following changes:
  • Links without 'http://' will be now detected
  • Added confirmation upon content deletion
  • Current clipboard content gets highlighted in bold
  • Text size for the list can be changed (see the settings)
  • Older items will be automatically removed (see the settings)
  • Many other fixes

Up on the Market and in the first post.

martino2k6

Jul 31, 2009
London
martino2k6.wordpress.com
Some people may think that this is a dead application, but nope. I still have plans for it, but not enough time at the moment :) Anyway, here is the version 1.4 update:
  • Added support for shortening links using URLy when sharing them (only if URLy is installed)
  • Fixed a couple of small bugs
  • Tiny tweaks to the user interface
  • Simplified English localisation

New APK is in the OP and also on the Market. Enjoy.

Last edited:

martino2k6

Jul 31, 2009
London
martino2k6.wordpress.com
Version 2.0 is out, with the following changes (many of which have been promised for a longer time):
  • New user interface
  • Restore clipboard at boot
  • Improved communication with the service
  • Persistent storage improved
  • Contents can be manipulated when the service is disabled
  • Integrated with Android's Quick Search Bar

Get it on the Market or in the OP (still free with ads) :)

martino2k6

Jul 31, 2009
London
martino2k6.wordpress.com
Version 2.1.0 is out, in the usual places. Here are the changes;
  • Fixed list items too small
  • Fixed double notifications
  • Fixed clipboard erasure detection
  • Fixed status bar icon to match UI guidelines
  • Added cloud backup/restore for Android 2.2 and newer (must be enabled in device Settings -> Privacy)

On a side note, the cloud backup/restore service which Google provides for Android applications is rather cool. It's really simple to implement and use, so here's to hoping that more developers will include this feature in their applications :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP] Clipboard + Notes 6.3.1 [04/05/2016]

Clipboard + Notes is a simple clipboard manager which watches your clipboard for any changes and saves its contents for later use. Contents can be starred and labelled, as well as added manually, which makes the app a handy tool for note taking.

The contents from the clipboard history can be copied into the clipboard again, they can be edited, deleted, searched, and shared too. When sharing links they can be optionally shortened if URLy is installed. Any links in the contents will be quickly picked up and extra options will be available to open or share them directly from the device. HTTP and Market links are amongst the supported types.

Clipboard + Notes can be easily turned off from the settings if it is no longer needed, and its operation can be customised to match the user's needs. The clipboard collection is intelligently stopped when the device isn't being used any more, which makes it very battery-friendly.

In addition it integrates with the Android Quick Search Bar so you can directly search your clipboard history. It further integrates with Google's cloud backup and restore, so any time you wipe your device your contents and settings will be restored the next time you install the application (only works on Android 2.3+ and backup/restore must be enabled in the 'Privacy' settings for your device).

A little extra hand is at help too in case you would like to share to clipboard. The app supports this functionality as well, so just pick something to share, and select Clipboard + Notes from the window. The item you just shard will now have been copied into the clipboard.

Google Play

Reviews:
    No, not like this. I want to copy an item to the List and nothing happens. Then I switch off and on the service ones a time then the copy works !!!
    OK, I understand now... I think :)

The problem is that the service refreshes every X seconds, depending on how you have it set in the settings. If you copy something and open the list, the service might not have refreshed yet and therefore the item won't appear in the list. If you know you copied something and it's not there you should just hit the 'Refresh' button and it should appear, that's the reason why I put it there.
    Thank you for this terrific little app ! Use it all the time. One (maybe dumb) question for you. Earlier in the thread you said:

"...just hit the 'Refresh' button and it should appear, that's the reason why I put it there."

I'm using v 2.1.4 and I can't see a refresh button. What am I missing?

Thanks again.
    Hi there. I actually removed that option as it should no longer be needed, but I'm still working on making it better. If you really need to refresh just open the app, close it, and open it again.

And thanks for the kind words. I wish I had more time to work on it :)
    Speaking of which, the changes have been included in the latest update. Now there shouldn't be any problems between the synchronization of the service and the application.

It's on the Market and OP, as usual.