[Bootscreen] Halo Reach Android Edition (Finally)

OP Crackanug

8th February 2011, 08:04 PM   |  #61  
Flag Eagle Pass
Thanks Meter: 48

604 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm using Gingerbread 2.3.2 on my Evo,.... will it work on this? The actual boot time is 7 seconds

Sent from my HTC Evo running Gingerbread 2.3.2
8th February 2011, 08:07 PM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 3

70 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonithe

WOW, looks awesome on my Desire.

however there maybe one or two things to notice;
the animations seems pretty fast on my phone and I think it would be nice if the "we are android" whit the android logo stay's on the screen until the lock screen comes up.

Mine too, and I agree on the latter point about "we are android" staying around longer.
8th February 2011, 08:58 PM   |  #63  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
bootanimation
Quote:

the animations seems pretty fast on my phone and I think it would be nice if the "we are android" whit the android logo stay's on the screen until the lock screen comes up.

I've noticed it too on my Droid X. whenever I put any kind of custom bootanimation into my data/local folder and do a reboot, the bootanimation cycles through extremely fast. Not sure if there's any kind of fix for that, or if anyone knows? Any kind of insight is greatly appreciated for it. It'd be sweet to see the Logo for more than 1/2 a second
8th February 2011, 11:33 PM   |  #64  
Flag Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 6

248 posts
will this possibly be made for smaller devices because its about 1 or 2 fps on my aria lol and the "we are android" doesn't quite fit on the screen...but great job still
9th February 2011, 01:07 AM   |  #65  
Thanks Meter: 10

305 posts
very nice job i put it on an IDEO S7 tablet
its worked but the table convert it to lanscape so the images are cut on top an bottom

it is a nice work indeed thank you

i did:
./adb shell
backup original bootanimation.zip
cp /system/media/bootanimation.zip /sdcard <-backup my original one
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system <- thats where the system is
then from a teminal ./adb push bootanimation.zip /sdcard2/ <-yeah this system has an internal /sdcard
on the adb shell used cp bootanimation.zip /system/media/ <- replace the original one
chmod 644 /system/media/bootanimation.zip <- well that was what the original had so i put the same
reboot
Last edited by rictec; 9th February 2011 at 01:32 AM. Reason: install instructions
9th February 2011, 03:43 AM   |  #66  
Thanks Meter: 40

454 posts
[Q] Clockwork
Hello First of I just want to say GREAT JOB!!! This is a very nice animation, much props for putting it together so well. I tried to install it on the newest clockwork which is 3.0.0.5 and it says that that type of zip is not suported by clockwork any more and it said to change someting on the zip. Has anyone else had this problem or know the fix. I will try to provide exact error in a little while. Thanks
9th February 2011, 03:51 AM   |  #67  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Great work!!! Thank you!
9th February 2011, 04:15 AM   |  #68  
Thanks Meter: 10

305 posts
i converted it to landscape
hi again
for those who have the tablet s7 here is the file converted to landscape
hope you dont mind
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.65 MB, 158 views)
9th February 2011, 10:43 AM   |  #69  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Unhappy
Hey, how change bootanimation? I tried edit customize_s/resources but it doesn't work.I have Reflex HD ROM for Desire, and i tried both flash packages and edit one with customize to customize_s and it still doesnt work.
Last edited by Daidalos117; 9th February 2011 at 11:03 AM.
9th February 2011, 01:52 PM   |  #70  
OP Senior Member
South Central, while drinking my juice in the hood
Thanks Meter: 536

280 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardHaro

Mine too, and I agree on the latter point about "we are android" staying around longer.

I will get a "part3" folder put in there set to loop with the animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsld0423

I've noticed it too on my Droid X. whenever I put any kind of custom bootanimation into my data/local folder and do a reboot, the bootanimation cycles through extremely fast. Not sure if there's any kind of fix for that, or if anyone knows? Any kind of insight is greatly appreciated for it. It'd be sweet to see the Logo for more than 1/2 a second

I have only been able to test the animations on my EVO and for some reason the animation always runs slow. If you could get me some video of your phone booting the animation that would be awesome. I would love to make the animation available for all types of android devices. So if your willing to help me test, I am happy to make any modifications necesary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okachowwa

will this possibly be made for smaller devices because its about 1 or 2 fps on my aria lol and the "we are android" doesn't quite fit on the screen...but great job still

Let me know what size your screen is and I can see about about modifying the animation size for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2best

Hello First of I just want to say GREAT JOB!!! This is a very nice animation, much props for putting it together so well. I tried to install it on the newest clockwork which is 3.0.0.5 and it says that that type of zip is not suported by clockwork any more and it said to change someting on the zip. Has anyone else had this problem or know the fix. I will try to provide exact error in a little while. Thanks

Glad you like it! I don't actually put together the flashable zip. I normally push my files via adb but user Tiffany84 has been helping me package up the animations into the flashable zips for everyone. I will let her know whats going on, she has a better idea than what I do about those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonikowsky

I just updated clockworkmod to 3.0 and now all of a sudden I can't flash this zip. It's saying that amend isn't supported anymore and you have to switch to edify and bla bla bla...

thanks, btw it looks like an awesome animation. I'm gonna just replace it manually, but for the future, flashing is definitely more convenient...

I agree flashing is easier, I will let Tiffany84 know. That is why I include the original files incase the flashable version isn't supported by each rom, plus I'm stubborn and old school sometimes.

Quote:

Just like user zsld0423, if you could get me a video shot of your phone booting up the animation that will help me trouble shoot any problem as far as speed and length of the animation. I am more than happy to get the animation optimized for all versions of android and phones.

I have a couple other animations, need for speed and call of duty WaW, if anyone who does not have an EVO would mind testing those out to see how they run and let me know if they run fast like this animation, that would be really helpful as well.

Thanks,
-Crack
Last edited by Crackanug; 9th February 2011 at 01:56 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootscreen, halo, halo reach, halo reach android, reach
Previous Thread Next Thread