Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New KAISER ROM Valentine 1.0.2 - based on not so super froyo RLS18

Tip us?

casacristo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Browser and Talk I havenīt tried if there would be consequences but the rest you mention you can ...

Do you really need Taskiller?
With Go launch ex you can close running tasks directly from the launcher...

Yes, you should be able to odex any apps you want (I had trouble with facebook so in the end out it went)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X46X View Post
I mean APNdroid, OI Notepad, Partido Pirata, SwifFTP, Browser (if it possible), Email,Talk, Timeriffic and Wireless teather..

Second thing is: Can i add some aplications in tar? I mean facebook, twitter, TaskKiller, etc.. If it is possible, can i odexed it?

rollride
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by casacristo View Post
Interesting, that is a bug we must find a way to fix...
a)Did you repair permissions after applying the update?
b)Did you try to set the APN details manually? check here for a full list of APNs
c)If still no luck try the following:

1) using the latest atools generate a current 2.6.32 kernel, update package and install script, set to clear data, install system, install updates, fix permissions, clear dalvik cache

2) install the Valentine 1.0 rom

3) check if data works now...

4) If it doesntīt go back to step 1 with a 2.6.25 kernel

5) Let me know the results...
ok after i opened the nbh with atools i unchecked the box with prevent starting data connection ot boot or something like that now i have internet but only on web browser when i try to sign in in market nothing happens there is a message that there is a problem with the connection and option to choose wifi that is for now i will try with different kernel as you say
Thank you XDA!!!

casacristo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Before you try with a different kernel (now that you have disabled the allow data connection on boot) you could try to erase the dalvik cache and erase data partition. Then try market again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollride View Post
ok after i opened the nbh with atools i unchecked the box with prevent starting data connection ot boot or something like that now i have internet but only on web browser when i try to sign in in market nothing happens there is a message that there is a problem with the connection and option to choose wifi that is for now i will try with different kernel as you say

l1q1d
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
Disable data stops only the boot script for pppd (3g/gprs data connection). wifi should work.

casacristo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
wifi was working, what has been reported is that no data connection other than wifi was working...

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1q1d View Post
Disable data stops only the boot script for pppd (3g/gprs data connection). wifi should work.

X46X
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Browser and Talk I havenīt tried if there would be consequences but the rest you mention you can ...

Do you really need Taskiller?
With Go launch ex you can close running tasks directly from the launcher...

Yes, you should be able to odex any apps you want (I had trouble with facebook so in the end out it went)
Ok, thanks, but I dont know how i odex aplication Someone help me please, any "tutorial" or manual? And second question is: What is vending.apk? Last question: Why timeriffic and swiftp is in both folder system/app and data/app? Many thanks for all your reply.
HTC One
ROM: ViperOne 7.0.0
Kernel: ElementalX 17.0

History:

In Desk:
HTC Kaiser
ROM: Myn's Warm Donut
Kernel/NBH: l1q1d latest (clemsyn #63 have a bad battery life)

Solded:
HTC One X
ROM: ViperX 3.7.7
Kernel: Alex 1.6 Test1

HTC Sensation
ROM: ViperS 1.6.3
Kernel: Android1~7 17.5 With Ville C2 Grafic Driver

Neo2SHYAlien
Old
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Out of curiosity, did you set the language in your kaiser to Bulgarian?
(I have only tried English and Spanish)
Nope I dont like localized software 3 day using no bugs huh
Sorry for my bad English.
SE P800 ->HTC Hermes -> HTC Kaiser -> HTC G1 -> HTC DZ. I just love the phones with HW keyboard!
HTC Vision Hushi Kernel

mmec2
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Very nice! I thought GO launcher was going to be slow, but it seems almost as fast as Zeam, and prettier!

Everything seems to be working for me (L1q1d's latest beta kernel, R1.70.18.02)

I've just odexed everything in system and data and it seems a bit snappier now, not that it was slow before though

X46X:

to odex everything in data just get a terminal emulator and type this in it:
Code:
su
odex.sh
Most of the stuff in system in this build is already odexed, but here's the odex script I used for system and framework if you want to odex the rest.
Remember to restart after odexing /sytem, or things might break!

Vending.apk is the android market

If an app is in both /system and /data it doesn't cause any problems to leave it, but you can safely remove one of them to save space.
Attached Files
File Type: zip odexsystem.sh.zip - [Click for QR Code] (958 Bytes, 36 views)

X46X
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmec2 View Post
Very nice! I thought GO launcher was going to be slow, but it seems almost as fast as Zeam, and prettier!

Everything seems to be working for me (L1q1d's latest beta kernel, R1.70.18.02)

I've just odexed everything in system and data and it seems a bit snappier now, not that it was slow before though

X46X:

to odex everything in data just get a terminal emulator and type this in it:
Code:
su
odex.sh
Most of the stuff in system in this build is already odexed, but here's the odex script I used for system and framework if you want to odex the rest.
Remember to restart after odexing /sytem, or things might break!

Vending.apk is the android market

If an app is in both /system and /data it doesn't cause any problems to leave it, but you can safely remove one of them to save space.
Oh, thanks for you quick and exhaustive reply. But my keyboard is broken Is there any other chance how I odexed some aplication? Like Twitter, Facebook, Task Killer, Opera Mini, Free SMS sender, etc.. I mean, can I odexed it in my PC?
HTC One
ROM: ViperOne 7.0.0
Kernel: ElementalX 17.0

History:

In Desk:
HTC Kaiser
ROM: Myn's Warm Donut
Kernel/NBH: l1q1d latest (clemsyn #63 have a bad battery life)

Solded:
HTC One X
ROM: ViperX 3.7.7
Kernel: Alex 1.6 Test1

HTC Sensation
ROM: ViperS 1.6.3
Kernel: Android1~7 17.5 With Ville C2 Grafic Driver

casacristo
Old
(Last edited by casacristo; 16th February 2011 at 01:13 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
search the forum for odexing, there is a tutorial, canīt remember where I saw it.
timeriffic and swiftp should only be in SYSTEM or DATA, so you found a bug and it will be fixed in version 1.01
Vending is for the google market, so leave it alone! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X46X View Post
Ok, thanks, but I dont know how i odex aplication Someone help me please, any "tutorial" or manual? And second question is: What is vending.apk? Last question: Why timeriffic and swiftp is in both folder system/app and data/app? Many thanks for all your reply.

Tags
android, kaiser, rom