Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

New KAISER ROM Valentine 1.0.2 - based on not so super froyo RLS18

OP casacristo

16th February 2011, 11:08 AM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Donate to Me
Browser and Talk I havenīt tried if there would be consequences but the rest you mention you can ...

Do you really need Taskiller?
With Go launch ex you can close running tasks directly from the launcher...

Yes, you should be able to odex any apps you want (I had trouble with facebook so in the end out it went)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X46X

I mean APNdroid, OI Notepad, Partido Pirata, SwifFTP, Browser (if it possible), Email,Talk, Timeriffic and Wireless teather..

Second thing is: Can i add some aplications in tar? I mean facebook, twitter, TaskKiller, etc.. If it is possible, can i odexed it?

16th February 2011, 11:43 AM   |  #22  
rollride's Avatar
Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 2
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casacristo

Interesting, that is a bug we must find a way to fix...
a)Did you repair permissions after applying the update?
b)Did you try to set the APN details manually? check here for a full list of APNs
c)If still no luck try the following:

1) using the latest atools generate a current 2.6.32 kernel, update package and install script, set to clear data, install system, install updates, fix permissions, clear dalvik cache

2) install the Valentine 1.0 rom

3) check if data works now...

4) If it doesntīt go back to step 1 with a 2.6.25 kernel

5) Let me know the results...

ok after i opened the nbh with atools i unchecked the box with prevent starting data connection ot boot or something like that now i have internet but only on web browser when i try to sign in in market nothing happens there is a message that there is a problem with the connection and option to choose wifi that is for now i will try with different kernel as you say
16th February 2011, 11:47 AM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Donate to Me
Before you try with a different kernel (now that you have disabled the allow data connection on boot) you could try to erase the dalvik cache and erase data partition. Then try market again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollride

ok after i opened the nbh with atools i unchecked the box with prevent starting data connection ot boot or something like that now i have internet but only on web browser when i try to sign in in market nothing happens there is a message that there is a problem with the connection and option to choose wifi that is for now i will try with different kernel as you say

16th February 2011, 11:51 AM   |  #24  
l1q1d's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Venice
Thanks Meter: 94
 
1,133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Donate to Me
More
Disable data stops only the boot script for pppd (3g/gprs data connection). wifi should work.
16th February 2011, 12:28 PM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Donate to Me
wifi was working, what has been reported is that no data connection other than wifi was working...

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1q1d

Disable data stops only the boot script for pppd (3g/gprs data connection). wifi should work.

16th February 2011, 01:23 PM   |  #26  
X46X's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 60
 
827 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casacristo

Browser and Talk I havenīt tried if there would be consequences but the rest you mention you can ...

Do you really need Taskiller?
With Go launch ex you can close running tasks directly from the launcher...

Yes, you should be able to odex any apps you want (I had trouble with facebook so in the end out it went)

Ok, thanks, but I dont know how i odex aplication Someone help me please, any "tutorial" or manual? And second question is: What is vending.apk? Last question: Why timeriffic and swiftp is in both folder system/app and data/app? Many thanks for all your reply.
16th February 2011, 01:48 PM   |  #27  
Neo2SHYAlien's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 94
 
278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casacristo

Out of curiosity, did you set the language in your kaiser to Bulgarian?
(I have only tried English and Spanish)

Nope I dont like localized software 3 day using no bugs huh
16th February 2011, 01:53 PM   |  #28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
102 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Very nice! I thought GO launcher was going to be slow, but it seems almost as fast as Zeam, and prettier!

Everything seems to be working for me (L1q1d's latest beta kernel, R1.70.18.02)

I've just odexed everything in system and data and it seems a bit snappier now, not that it was slow before though

X46X:

to odex everything in data just get a terminal emulator and type this in it:
Code:
su
odex.sh
Most of the stuff in system in this build is already odexed, but here's the odex script I used for system and framework if you want to odex the rest.
Remember to restart after odexing /sytem, or things might break!

Vending.apk is the android market

If an app is in both /system and /data it doesn't cause any problems to leave it, but you can safely remove one of them to save space.
Attached Files
File Type: zip odexsystem.sh.zip - [Click for QR Code] (958 Bytes, 36 views)
16th February 2011, 02:02 PM   |  #29  
X46X's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 60
 
827 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmec2

Very nice! I thought GO launcher was going to be slow, but it seems almost as fast as Zeam, and prettier!

Everything seems to be working for me (L1q1d's latest beta kernel, R1.70.18.02)

I've just odexed everything in system and data and it seems a bit snappier now, not that it was slow before though

X46X:

to odex everything in data just get a terminal emulator and type this in it:

Code:
su
odex.sh
Most of the stuff in system in this build is already odexed, but here's the odex script I used for system and framework if you want to odex the rest.
Remember to restart after odexing /sytem, or things might break!

Vending.apk is the android market

If an app is in both /system and /data it doesn't cause any problems to leave it, but you can safely remove one of them to save space.

Oh, thanks for you quick and exhaustive reply. But my keyboard is broken Is there any other chance how I odexed some aplication? Like Twitter, Facebook, Task Killer, Opera Mini, Free SMS sender, etc.. I mean, can I odexed it in my PC?
16th February 2011, 02:10 PM   |  #30  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Donate to Me
search the forum for odexing, there is a tutorial, canīt remember where I saw it.
timeriffic and swiftp should only be in SYSTEM or DATA, so you found a bug and it will be fixed in version 1.01
Vending is for the google market, so leave it alone! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X46X

Ok, thanks, but I dont know how i odex aplication Someone help me please, any "tutorial" or manual? And second question is: What is vending.apk? Last question: Why timeriffic and swiftp is in both folder system/app and data/app? Many thanks for all your reply.

Last edited by casacristo; 16th February 2011 at 02:13 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, kaiser, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes