New KAISER ROM Valentine 1.0.2 - based on not so super froyo RLS18

Search This thread

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
Browser and Talk I haven´t tried if there would be consequences but the rest you mention you can ...

Do you really need Taskiller?
With Go launch ex you can close running tasks directly from the launcher...

Yes, you should be able to odex any apps you want (I had trouble with facebook so in the end out it went)

I mean APNdroid, OI Notepad, Partido Pirata, SwifFTP, Browser (if it possible), Email,Talk, Timeriffic and Wireless teather..

Second thing is: Can i add some aplications in tar? I mean facebook, twitter, TaskKiller, etc.. If it is possible, can i odexed it?

rollride

Nov 16, 2009
Sofia
Interesting, that is a bug we must find a way to fix...
a)Did you repair permissions after applying the update?
b)Did you try to set the APN details manually? check here for a full list of APNs
c)If still no luck try the following:

1) using the latest atools generate a current 2.6.32 kernel, update package and install script, set to clear data, install system, install updates, fix permissions, clear dalvik cache

2) install the Valentine 1.0 rom

3) check if data works now...

4) If it doesnt´t go back to step 1 with a 2.6.25 kernel

5) Let me know the results...

ok after i opened the nbh with atools i unchecked the box with prevent starting data connection ot boot or something like that now i have internet but only on web browser when i try to sign in in market nothing happens there is a message that there is a problem with the connection and option to choose wifi that is for now i will try with different kernel as you say

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
Before you try with a different kernel (now that you have disabled the allow data connection on boot) you could try to erase the dalvik cache and erase data partition. Then try market again...

ok after i opened the nbh with atools i unchecked the box with prevent starting data connection ot boot or something like that now i have internet but only on web browser when i try to sign in in market nothing happens there is a message that there is a problem with the connection and option to choose wifi that is for now i will try with different kernel as you say

X46X

Apr 9, 2008
Prague
Browser and Talk I haven´t tried if there would be consequences but the rest you mention you can ...

Do you really need Taskiller?
With Go launch ex you can close running tasks directly from the launcher...

Yes, you should be able to odex any apps you want (I had trouble with facebook so in the end out it went)

Ok, thanks, but I dont know how i odex aplication :confused: Someone help me please, any "tutorial" or manual? And second question is: What is vending.apk? :confused: Last question: Why timeriffic and swiftp is in both folder system/app and data/app? Many thanks for all your reply.

mmec2

Mar 16, 2010
UK
Very nice! I thought GO launcher was going to be slow, but it seems almost as fast as Zeam, and prettier!

Everything seems to be working for me (L1q1d's latest beta kernel, R1.70.18.02)

I've just odexed everything in system and data and it seems a bit snappier now, not that it was slow before though :)

X46X:

to odex everything in data just get a terminal emulator and type this in it:
Code:
su
odex.sh

Most of the stuff in system in this build is already odexed, but here's the odex script I used for system and framework if you want to odex the rest.
Remember to restart after odexing /sytem, or things might break!

Vending.apk is the android market

If an app is in both /system and /data it doesn't cause any problems to leave it, but you can safely remove one of them to save space.

Attachments

• odexsystem.sh.zip
    958 bytes · Views: 38

X46X

Apr 9, 2008
Prague
Very nice! I thought GO launcher was going to be slow, but it seems almost as fast as Zeam, and prettier!

Everything seems to be working for me (L1q1d's latest beta kernel, R1.70.18.02)

I've just odexed everything in system and data and it seems a bit snappier now, not that it was slow before though :)

X46X:

to odex everything in data just get a terminal emulator and type this in it:
Code:
su
odex.sh

Most of the stuff in system in this build is already odexed, but here's the odex script I used for system and framework if you want to odex the rest.
Remember to restart after odexing /sytem, or things might break!

Vending.apk is the android market

If an app is in both /system and /data it doesn't cause any problems to leave it, but you can safely remove one of them to save space.

Oh, thanks for you quick and exhaustive reply. But my keyboard is broken :( Is there any other chance how I odexed some aplication? Like Twitter, Facebook, Task Killer, Opera Mini, Free SMS sender, etc.. I mean, can I odexed it in my PC?

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
search the forum for odexing, there is a tutorial, can´t remember where I saw it.
timeriffic and swiftp should only be in SYSTEM or DATA, so you found a bug and it will be fixed in version 1.01
Vending is for the google market, so leave it alone! :)

Ok, thanks, but I dont know how i odex aplication :confused: Someone help me please, any "tutorial" or manual? And second question is: What is vending.apk? :confused: Last question: Why timeriffic and swiftp is in both folder system/app and data/app? Many thanks for all your reply.

Last edited:

X46X

Apr 9, 2008
Prague
search the forum for odexing, there is a tutorial, can´t remember where I saw it.
timeriffic and swiftp should only be in SYSTEM or DATA, so you found a bug and it will be fixed in version 1.01
Vending is for the google market, so leave it alone! :)

Oh, I'am a HERO! Why? Becaouse this rom is awesome(!!) and I find a bug :D Realy thanks for this rom, I use it few days and I love it! Many thanks to you :) Can you add all language to 1.01?

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
I will add an all-language patch in the form of androidupdate.tgz ...
Personally I run my phone in English, although English is not my first language but words like ´settings´ and ´preferences´ are more natural to me in English.

Oh, I'am a HERO! Why? Becaouse this rom is awesome(!!) and I find a bug :D Realy thanks for this rom, I use it few days and I love it! Many thanks to you :) Can you add all language to 1.01?

mj_weed

Aug 16, 2009
Wrocław aka Breslau
I have weird issue with this rom. I charged my phone whole night, but in android i still have only 1% of battery:/ I have clemensys kernel, and 1.65 radio. In NSS Froyo battery status was updated after charging.

The rest is great, thanks for this rom:)

// I manage to get this working:) Reason was battery hung up. I have drain out battery and now andoid indicates proper charge level.

Last edited:

X46X

Apr 9, 2008
Prague
I will add an all-language patch in the form of androidupdate.tgz ...
Personally I run my phone in English, although English is not my first language but words like ´settings´ and ´preferences´ are more natural to me in English.

This is right, same for me, but any settings - I dont understand it in english :eek: Because my english isn't wery well..

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
That is really weird...
Did you leave wifi or GPS on?

Have you tried fixing permissions and deleting he dalvik cache?

I have weird issue with this rom. I charged my phone whole night, but in android i still have only 1% of battery:/ I have clemensys kernel, and 1.65 radio. In NSS Froyo battery status was updated after charging.

The rest is great, thanks for this rom:)

drfno1

Dec 11, 2007
Kansas
For the Haret users, Mine works with
2.6.32_zImage-01-16-11
and androidupdate.tgz from around 2010-11-23. I believe the clearing the dalvic cache is what made mine work. Currently have system and data images on sd card. Will try ext2 partitions later.

Nice Rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kaiser ROM is based on not so super froyo RLS18
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    1.02 is the latest version and is a full version, so you do not need to download 1.0
    If you want to set a locale other than Spanish or English you will still need to apply this patch
    and as a result of the patch you will loose the battery % indicator
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine 1.02

Tested with clemsys #63 2.6.32 kernel and a recent atools generated 2.6.32 vanilla kernel

Change log:

Initial release
    The desktop background has been changed by a smaller file
    The battery indicator has % and battery shape (not the green circle)
    Go launcher EX in DATA
    minor updates
    removed some fat in line with FatFree RLS5

Fully odexed SYSTEM for a faster boot
    minor bug fixes
    minor app updates

Replaced 1.01 market with one optimized for the Kaiser (thanks to my tocayo Arturo for the tip)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For your convenience here are two kernels tested with this rom:

Kernel with both wifi and DATA enabled clemsys #63 2.6.32 kernel

Kernel with WIFI-only clemsys #63 wifi-only 2.6.32 kernel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want better localization at the price of the battery percentage indicator you can install this patch
    But bear in mind I do not personally use this patch and it is reported not to work with Valentine 1.02 so I recommend you do a nand backup before trying it

Feedback is welcome...
    If you have another kernel that works fine with this rom, please send it to me indicating if it is .32 or .25 and what you have tested and I will be happy to add it to this post to help other users looking for the perfect match rom + kernel

and if somebody wants screenshots you can find some there (with a theme on)

http://www.ziddu.com/download/13802744/androidinstall.rar.html

TIPS AND KNOWN ISSUES:

- If you have issues with wifi, 3g or bluetooth, install this androidupdate tar ball:

and repair permissions afterwards

- When using atools please set the correct panel type and refrain from using ´auto´ as that feature is far from working well.

- If you have problems with sound and/or camera try using radio 1.70.19.9 (and not later)
    glad you like it!
    I must admit I haven´t tried exporting from SIM as all my contacts are on my google account. Did this work in ´Not so super froyo RLS18?´
    Feel free to elaborate on the nature of the problem...

wow dude is so fast is more faster than Fat Free Froy!!! Everything works only exporting from SIM work with Radio 1.70.xx :) Good job
    Not So Super Froyo is All Language.. Why you deleted any language? I love my home language :p Did you make All Languge version?
    the lack of language support is due to the file /system/framework/framework-res.apk

You could update your system with the one from RLS18 and you will recover your language support (you will use the battery % indicator and the smaller (faster) desktop background

so take framework-res.apk from RLS18
    create a folder called system, and inside another one called framework

tar this ´system´ folder and call it androidupdate.tar

flash that using update (use the atools script)

Not So Super Froyo is All Language.. Why you deleted any language? I love my home language :p Did you make All Languge version?
    I have added the localization patch to the first post, enjoy it :)

This is right, same for me, but any settings - I dont understand it in english :eek: Because my english isn't wery well..