Atrix are you getting it why?

Atrix.... are you getting it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

protozeloz

Oct 10, 2009
Before I start I want yo say that this is not solo for the AT&T version, but any version and I would like to hear it from you guys, opinions fears and hopes.

Leme be the first on this post that says I'm going to get this baby. why? I'm interested I'm the docks as its being a smartphone feature I've personally being expecting the most as I see a promising future. I know this may be the first but won't be the last and hopefully becomes a common feature with the time that will be considered rather useful with increasing smartphone technology.

What I fear is how thigh Motorola plans on closing the bootloader... only allowing little development for the phone.

My hopes are that Motorola in plans on cleaning their reputation will find (or has found) a way to get them both(security and openness) walking together down the same road

Just added a Poll for those who would better Like a vote ^^
Sent from my Milestone using XDA App

Last edited:

tuantuti

Nov 2, 2006
Ho Chi Minh
tegra 2 chip, 1GB ram, qHD display, finger print sensor, 1950 mHA battery, this is just a few down the list. I will buy this sucker, my first ever Android and Motorola experience :D

Joelpatrick

Feb 19, 2011
In my opinion, its the best Android to come out on AT&T which I am currently happy with. I bought just the phone and got a great price. Coming from an iPhone 4 and anxious to try out Android finally.

n7slc

Jul 21, 2010
Salt Lake City
Aside from the obvious reasons to buy the Atrix, I am a Motorola two-way radio technician and I constantly get asked by my customers as to why I don't carry a "Droid". Well for one, I don't like the way CDMA sounds compared to GSM and two, I get a 15% discount with at&t that I can't get with any other carrier.

Since at&t works very well in the areas I need service, I've got no reason to switch.

I will be getting the Atrix.

MeX_DK

Jan 10, 2011
Fredericia
Im living in Europe and for me its presently a decision between the LG Optimus 2X or the Motorola Atrix 4G.

And at the moment I am more or less solo considering the Atrix, but I will only get the Atrix provided:

1: It can get root (Done)
2: Its bootloader is not locked
2a: Or in the case that it is locked, that the lock is broken by the time I want to get it.

Thats really what it all comes down to for me at this point. I dont want to pay several 100 dollars for a damned phone that I am not "allowed" to mess with "for my own safety". What a load of crap really.

If those 2 things I listed get cleared up come April, then I am getting the Atrix :). And if not then I am getting the LG instead. Its that simple really...

killerb7854

Oct 22, 2007
Oswego, NY
tegra 2 chip, 1GB ram, qHD display, finger print sensor, 1950 mHA battery, this is just a few down the list. I will buy this sucker, my first ever Android and Motorola experience :D

Same here, although I did own a razr back in the day. Great specs on this device.

This was a simple choice for me. Finally a good android phone on my carrier and I'm up for a equipment discount. I'm glad I waited the few extra months. :)

Raspster

Jun 21, 2007
Does anyone know if the Nvidia app store will be on the Atrix? I know I saw a video on it but I have not seen it reviewed in any of the videos I've seen for the Atrix on youtube.

jkrohn

May 24, 2010
Yes I am getting it, and the efuse doesn't bother me at all. The specs of the phone are great and I really don't have a problem with stock.

It will make a nice upgrade from my Nexus One

G

GuestK0050

I know people wish upon this few things that they can't have. But this will make a great phone until next year.

I have a nexus one, so this really is a resolution upgrade for me since my N1 is pentile as well.

The N1 has horrible battery life compared to the Atrix, and the touch sensor is garbage. So these two things alone will make make my usage of the phone better.

Non proprietary HDMI and USB ports are much nicer than the $50 cable Samsung wants to charge.

I despise AT&T for disabling HSUPA, and this really make it not a 4G phone, but T-Mobile sucks here and Sprint has nothing interesting. We're getting LTE this year so next year I may consider Verizon.

For now, this Atrix is a pretty good thing for me.

-James

meta96

May 20, 2010
for geadget lovers,

this is a stand out phone :) , because of the docks. maybe in the future more modal phones/comps will be on the market. So as the first (beside the foleo) the atrix has to be in the personal collection or history (similar to the Nokia 8110, Ericcson r520m, SE T68, Nokia N95, iPhone 2G and some others). I tell you, sometimes you will look back, and maybe the atrix will be one of your phones you will remember, the docks pricey or not will make the difference.

... my two cents, still remember my r520m (bluetooth gprs tether, year 2000)

... sorry about the double post, mixed the topics ...

FLAC Vest

Sep 8, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Yes. I was wary foe a while, jumping between this and the Galaxy S 2.

Dual core, 1 gig DDR 2 RAM, great battery, high resolution sscreen.

Mainly for.the speed. I also just picked up 250 so I might look into a dock as well for when im on the computer.

Captivate 2.2.1 Paragon

FLAC Vest

Sep 8, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Yes. I was wary for a while, jumping between this and the Galaxy S 2.

Dual core, 1 gig DDR 2 RAM, great battery, high resolution sscreen.

Mainly for.the speed. I also just picked up 250 so I might look into a dock as well for when im on the computer.

Captivate 2.2.1 Paragon