Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Solution to Error 801812C1 during Step 6 of February Update (7004:7008)

OP tejazz

22nd February 2011, 09:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
More
Great News! I have stumbled upon a solution for the 801812C1 error!

I have reasons to believe that this works for LG E900 Optimus 7 phones. If you want to try this on your Samsung Omnia 7, please read my note at the end of the post.

Here's what I did (LG E900 Optimus 7 / Windows 7 64bit):

During Step 6 (Rebooting your phone), your Windows OS detects your phone as a new device and starts searching for driver updates online. This can be seen when you click on the little indicator with a spinning green circle in the bottom-right corner of your desktop called the notification area (you might need to click on Show Hidden Icons if it's hidden).

You have to *immediately* click on "Skip Obtaining Device Software Online" or Zune will time-out and show error 801812C1.

Once you've skipped obtaining the drivers online, in about 20 seconds or so, your device will be recognized and you will be promptly taken to the Step 7 of the update.

Note for Samsung Omnia 7 users:

Even if you've gotten past the Step 6 801812C1 error, many users are getting stuck at Step 7 at 100% of 'Backing up your phone' resulting in a few users getting their phones bricked -- you might want to wait till that issue is resolved before trying this fix.

Hope this helps.
22nd February 2011, 09:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 110

1,169 posts
More
I just hope this solution doesn't jump them to step seven with that step resulting in a bricking regardless lol
22nd February 2011, 11:10 PM   |  #3  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 44

465 posts
More
Thumbs up
Tejazz,

Thank you!
22nd February 2011, 11:22 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejazz

Great News! I have stumbled upon a solution for the 801812C1 error!

I have reasons to believe that this works for LG E900 Optimus 7 phones. If you want to try this on your Samsung Omnia 7, please read my note at the end of the post.

Here's what I did (LG E900 Optimus 7 / Windows 7 64bit):

During Step 6 (Rebooting your phone), your Windows OS detects your phone as a new device and starts searching for driver updates online. This can be seen when you click on the little indicator with a spinning green circle in the bottom-right corner of your desktop called the notification area (you might need to click on Show Hidden Icons if it's hidden).

You have to *immediately* click on "Skip Obtaining Device Software Online" or Zune will time-out and show error 801812C1.

Once you've skipped obtaining the drivers online, in about 20 seconds or so, your device will be recognized and you will be promptly taken to the Step 7 of the update.

Note for Samsung Omnia 7 users:

Even if you've gotten past the Step 6 801812C1 error, many users are getting stuck at Step 7 at 100% of 'Backing up your phone' resulting in a few users getting their phones bricked -- you might want to wait till that issue is resolved before trying this fix.

Hope this helps.

Yes have just try it and its working,but i couldn't get it where do you get the drivers. Or you mean the one we have already?
23rd February 2011, 03:13 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by papazche

Yes have just try it and its working,but i couldn't get it where do you get the drivers. Or you mean the one we have already?

I don't know for sure but I think we already have the drivers installed with Zune software -- it just checks for newer drivers online which takes too long and makes the updater throw an error code.
6th April 2011, 06:17 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
Update WP7 driver on PC
1. Shut down the phone
2. Restart the phone and hold on the camera button
3. A black screen appears showing a device connected to a PC
4. Connect the phone to PC on USB
5. Open Device Manager on PC and check the entry for Portable Device: Schubert (HD7) or other (but not 'Zune' !)
6. Shut down and restart the phone
7. Connect the phone to PC and run the WP7 upgrade from Zune application

The error '801812C' no longer occurs at step 6.
Last edited by Imerda; 6th April 2011 at 06:38 PM.
2nd May 2012, 01:02 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
FIXED error code 801821C1
FIXED!!!! I was having same problem with my Dell Venue Pro Cell Phone with Windows 7. After trying all the steps I found on every forum. I restarted both my phone and computer multiple times., nothing seemed to work.....I always just use the closest USB cord I can find that fits my phone. I decided to try the USB cord that came from Dell with my phone. This worked the first time. There must be certain drivers that are only found the the company specific USB cord. So I recommend trying your HTC original OEM USB cord. Hope this helps

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
801812c1, optimus 7
Previous Thread Next Thread