Gingerbread OTA update.zips for Nexus One and Nexus S - 87 MB Full N1 Update Added!

Search This thread

willverduzco

User Experience Admin
Staff member
Apr 30, 2010
Manassas, VA
This is it and this works--the official OTA, directly hosted by Google. Get it while it's hot!

****Nexus One GRI40 from FRG83G - Passion*** (Mirror provided by Hollow.Droid)
***Nexus S GRI40 from GRH78 - SOJU***

***NEW: Nexus One GRI40 FULL, no dependencies (tested and working from FRG33)***
Thank you for the FULL OTA link, mfkr. Please go here to thank him.

Thank you to everyone who posted this in the correct thread and to everyone who reported all the spam. WE HAVE OTA! Credit goes to trebor_88 for his twitter post! Please give him THANKS here. Thanks to krohnjw for his Nexus S post here. Also thanks to sknoslo for this post, and thus being the first to repost Trebor_88's link. Please THANK THEM if you are grateful for their OTA posts.

Update: Our own Senior Moderator DSIXDA (author of his amazing HTC Android ROM Kitchen, as reported on the XDA Portal by yours truly) has helped us once again by creating an update.zip that is flashable through custom recoveries! Click here to continue to his thread. He has made two versions--One: completely stock GRI40. The other: Rooted, De-odexed, Busybox, Apps2SD, Cache2SD, ZipAligned, Disabled Stock Recovery.

As seen on BriefMobile, XDA-Developers Portal, and Engadget
_________

As the title says, there are to be NO MORE NEW THREADS about the rolling Gingerbread OTA until there is an update zip available. When that happens, feel free to create a new thread for it.

In the /dev section, which isn't even the right section for this type of post, there were two threads asking the same exact thing right next to each other. Here in general, there were three posts. This is the correct thread to discuss the OTA until there is an actual update.zip available.

Please search before making a new post.

Last edited:

SoyoBro

Jan 27, 2011
[LINKS/PIC] N1 2.3.3 OTA Download Link

http://android.clients.google.com/p...signed-passion-GRI40-from-FRG83G.81304b2d.zip

Posted by:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11616797&postcount=822

Pics:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11616796&postcount=821
sl370704.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: android.is.linux

constellanation

Jan 7, 2009
that links getting some stick its just hanging wtf

possibly because google does the roll out to keep their servers from getting slammed all at once, and just now who knows how many people just started the download... in effect slamming their servers.

Expect that link to not work soon, but hopefully people will mirror the update.

aduane

Jul 7, 2010
Florida
After all this time, I get an error on install!
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/LatinImeGoogle.apk", <random letters and numbers>
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7) installation aborted.

ahhhhh someone please help!

Can someone with a known good copy get us a checksum?

aduane

Jul 7, 2010
Florida
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/LatinImeGoogle.apk", <random letters and numbers>
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7) installation aborted.

ahhhhh someone please help!

Also for reference: this happens every time I try to update, but will eventually just work. (without me making changes to my phone) The phone is, and always has been, completely stock. Never rooted, never stock, fully updated to 2.2.2.

headcr4sh

Feb 24, 2011
w0rks!

Copied the file to sd card, booted into recovery, applied 'update.zip' ... WORKS! :)

[...]

Sure:
Filename : 81304b2de707.signed-passion-GRI40-from-FRG83G.81304b2d.zip
MD5 Checksum : 706a4631271b6ee2c819ab548394b71e

Top Liked Posts