[Q] Market Web Installs never start downloading.

Search This thread

Shizlak

Sep 14, 2007
Market web installs from "market android com" never start. ('m not allowed to post links)

Under "My Devices" in the settings page it shows my Atrix, It has a "Registered on" date (today) but it doesn't have a "Last Used" date (it shows a dash).

I have followed all the suggestions on the help page. (log in, log out)

My Market App version is 2.3.2.

Google Talk works. The Market App works. Clearing Data and Cache for the Market doesn't help any.

I'm signed in with a regular Google account. (not an apps account)

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Timbits93

Oct 25, 2010
Vancouver, BC
I read somewhere that if you open Google Talk and sign out then sign back in, it should get the market web installs working because of a communication problem.

bl0wf1sh

Feb 16, 2011
Empty market cache, and uninstall market upgrades (if any). Had the same problem before with other phones, I do not think this is atrix specific.

Getting the market to upgrade afterwards required some manual steps as well. Too lazy to look that up now though, just google it.

Shizlak

Sep 14, 2007
Empty market cache, and uninstall market upgrades (if any). Had the same problem before with other phones, I do not think this is atrix specific.

Getting the market to upgrade afterwards required some manual steps as well. Too lazy to look that up now though, just google it.

I emptied the cache and uninstalled updates. On the first launch I got the old market, on the second launch it had upgraded back to the new one. I also tried a reboot. Still doesn't work. Good idea though, thanks.

delta530

Nov 29, 2008
Bump! Any fixes for this? I'm having the same issues. The Market web store even lists my phone being last used on Feb 25 (the last day it was pushing app downloads from my computer). However, when I download apps from my phone, it shows up on my account online.

Nubz0r

Feb 21, 2011
Bump! Any fixes for this? I'm having the same issues. The Market web store even lists my phone being last used on Feb 25 (the last day it was pushing app downloads from my computer). However, when I download apps from my phone, it shows up on my account online.

I thought I was having this same problem, but I was in battery saver mode and had auto-sync disabled. After re-enabling it, the downloads just began automatically.

Rezznor

Feb 28, 2011
I had the same issues at first and tried all th above fixes and the ones on the google help page. nothing worked at first. i waited a few hours and tried downloading again and everything worked fine. i can't really explain how but it just started working.

knects

Jul 26, 2010
I have had this problem for 5 days =/ Now I just chrome to phone the link and open it with market =/ I have done all the above, contacted Google and posted at Motorola Site. Nothing works.

acidtreat101

Jan 28, 2009
Darn I am having the same issue. Just got my Atrix an hour or two ago...so we will see what happens. I'll try and keep you updated.

Edit: Mine just started working, so I don't know what the problem with yours is. Hope you get it worked out.

Last edited:

psicodark2k

Mar 11, 2011
I have same problem here with my Hd2 DFT android Rom maket works fine but it never start downloading any apps :/ please some help ??!!

UnCommonGrafx

Mar 5, 2011
Do you have apps/the market to update only on wifi? And you haven't opened the apps to have them generate an, "I'm here", marker for the market to send you stuff, when you were hooked up to wifi?
I wondered the same thing...

psicodark2k

Mar 11, 2011
Good news guys Google talk was not working for me so I re flashed my phone and reconfigure it now Google talk work and market too I don't know if it will works for you but for me it working great now hope it help a bit

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

AndroidLonghorn

Mar 12, 2011
Houston
Port 5228

This may not help everyone, but I ran into this same problem.

Each day, my downloads weren't sent to my phone and my gmail wasn't pushing consistently, but by the time I got home, everything seemed to be working again. I noticed that I was also unable to log into google talk on my office's wifi (which seems to be the key to getting everything else to work). A coworker with a samsung android phone was having the same problem.

We worked with our network administrator to unblock certain ports on the wifi firewall. We finally resolved this issue by opening port 5228. Now everything is pushing correctly. See if this port is blocked on your wifi.

The weird thing that kept throwing me off is that even if I switched off wifi and used ATT, it was still having problems for a period of time.