FORUMS

3D Printable Mobile Microscope? Nexus 7 Discontinued – XDA TV

The Nexus 7 2013 has been discontinued on the Google Store! That and … more

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[How To] ADB access while booting

23rd February 2011, 05:01 AM |#1  
designgears's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 8,722
 
Donate to Me
More
Power off your device

Enter Fastboot:
Hold Volume down + power until you see Fastboot at the top left

Use volume down to scroll down to "Early USB Enumeration" (only shows one item at a time, if you pass it, keep going down, up selects)
Press Volume up to select, enjoy ADB during boot!
Last edited by designgears; 23rd February 2011 at 07:04 AM.
 
 
23rd February 2011, 05:21 AM |#2  
lpsi2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag TriState
Thanks Meter: 143
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by designgears

Well, I have tried the usual of enabling it in the build.prop, but there is no adb access until you unlock.

Everyone else the same? Figure out a way around it?

See if we can figure this one out, I have an idea of how to do it if it is infact disabled on boot until unlock.

That does suck if that is the case. It will also make it harder to recovery if things go wrong during the boot up process.
23rd February 2011, 05:53 AM |#3  
designgears's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 8,722
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpsi2000

That does suck if that is the case. It will also make it harder to recovery if things go wrong during the boot up process.

heh, and I was about to push a custom framework
23rd February 2011, 07:04 AM |#4  
designgears's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 8,722
 
Donate to Me
More
figured it out, guide in OP
23rd February 2011, 07:12 AM |#5  
t0dbld's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 1,507
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by designgears

Power off your device

Enter Fastboot:
Hold Volume down + power until you see Fastboot at the top left

Use volume down to scroll down to "Early USB Enumeration" (only shows one item at a time, if you pass it, keep going down, up selects)
Press Volume up to select, enjoy ADB during boot!

lol jsut figured that out ... sorry dude i though everyone new or i would have posted monday
23rd February 2011, 07:14 AM |#6  
t0dbld's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 1,507
 
Donate to Me
More
the real problem is that this is basically useles still as even being quick on the keyboard will not help you, because you can not get su during boot, and there is no way to pause the boot with usb enabled to attempt to mount or force su
23rd February 2011, 07:47 PM |#7  
designgears's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 8,722
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0dbld

the real problem is that this is basically useles still as even being quick on the keyboard will not help you, because you can not get su during boot, and there is no way to pause the boot with usb enabled to attempt to mount or force su

Sure there is

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=11585851
Last edited by designgears; 23rd February 2011 at 08:02 PM.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Atrix 4G Android Development by ThreadRank