5,597,138 Members 43,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VoIP Finally

Tip us?

ardec1
Old
(Last edited by ardec1; 13th March 2011 at 03:41 PM.) Reason: Added the setup file
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default VoIP Finally

I have been trying to set up a VoIP client on my Windows Mobile phone for a long time, starting with the HTC Wizard which I could never get to work.
I have finally managed to get a VoIP client with a really nice interface working on several phones that I have tried it on.
I am using ViaTalk as my provider but it should work with any VoIP provider.
It works great (with a slight delay, nothing that I can't live with) on an unlocked HTC Sprint Touch Pro 2, a T-Mobile HD2, a HTC Diamond and an HTC Fuze.
The application is by NCH software out of Australia and it is free to use, or if you want to unlock all of the features of the application, download and register the business edition.
Here is the URL for the download:
http://www.nch.com.au/talk/pocket.html

Or if you would like, PM me and I will be happy to send it to you as an attachment to an email.

Only known issue is when the phone goes in to power saver mode it drops the WiFi connection but that should be an easy fix, right now I am simply pressing the power button and it comes right back and the connection is still alive.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ptalksetup.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.26 MB, 2056 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ardec1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hecthork
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
wow men! you are amazing! you search better than me xD you have a paid version? or free version?

ardec1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hecthork View Post
wow men! you are amazing! you search better than me xD you have a paid version? or free version?
I am using the paid version but the only difference is that it unlocks some additional features that most people proably don't need anyway.
It is not trialware so it has no expiration.

hecthork
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
thx you man, i'm trying this app since yesterday; works good!! easy to configurate, i'm using the free version because; i don't have 2 line, i don't use conferente mode... but it will be interesting trying these features xD

bobzero
Old
Thanks Meter 148
How does this app compare to AgePhone?

Dangze
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,

why not to give a try to PortGo !

http://www.portsip.com/softphone.htm

The free version is sufficient and very simple to use, even with several providers (I currently use 2). Skin and language are easy to adapt if necessary (I've made it for French), see also here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=508715

Dangze

ardec1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzero View Post
How does this app compare to AgePhone?
I really couldn't tell because I have never tried AgePhone.
I have tried most of the different VoIP clients mentioned throughout this site but I have never been able to get one to work right until I tried this one.
It could be that I am too stupid to configure them right or it could also be that they simply don't work very well, I can't say.
As for PortSIP, I never got it to work right and the developer dropped off line a while back as far as I can remember.
This little VoIP client that I am using has got a clean interphase, it is easy to configure, it does not require any special "helper" apps. so I am happy with it.
Hope that some of you enjoy it too.

Franky24
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I sincerely don't know the use of that softphone over the built-in VoIP for WinMo (WM65VoIP.cab, ultimate.VOIP.WM6.5.cab - available in several threads here) - except you need 2 lines? Especially as these guys do not use the WinMo address book! I don't want to manually add 600 adresses to any additional phone book.
The above mentioned cabs integrate into WinMo and use WiFi or 3G-connections. The phone rings as ususal and displays who called (from WinMo address book). The call is even entered into WinMo callog (only disadvantage: You don't see if a call was made/received via GSm or VoIP). I use them on my TP2 (WinMo 6.1), HD2 (WinMo 6.5.5) and even had a cab file for HTC Artemis (WinMo 5). All works/worked pretty well

So what's the use of these softphones?

Cheers, Franky
The Following User Says Thank You to Franky24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

R^7Z
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Location: location! location!! (somewhere in the vast array of question marks)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardec1 View Post
{R^7Z trim]
Only known issue is when the phone goes in to power saver mode it drops the WiFi connection but that should be an easy fix, right now I am simply pressing the power button and it comes right back and the connection is still alive.
I have mine set so that the light always stays on until I turn it off(I turn off auto back-light, my preference). So, no issues there. Additionally, I think there is a setting or app that will allow WiFi to run even while the phone sleeps. Or perhaps it is set into a low-power mode until the power key is pressed?

FrancisB1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Howto in France ?

It seems great but how could I make it work in France.

My provider (mobile or at home) is SFR.

Thanks in advance to all for your answers.

Tags
voip, voip client