[APP] CSDevCTRL 4.1 (05/10/2013)

Search This thread

chrisstavrou

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 4, 2005
Nicosia
Offers functionality to enjoy more your android device:

A. Bluetooth CTRL
No need to worry for turning on/off bluetooth while making calls.
Just let the app, toggle automatically the bluetooth for you based on your own settings.
Using Samsung S3 stock rom with the known autoconnection problem ? Just enable the workaround to fix this problem.

B. Sound Volume CTRL
If you find that the ringer volume is been reduced accidentally too often, then just let the app automatically adjust it for you when ringing.
The app can also synchronize the media volume mute state with the ringer mute state.

C. Call CTRL
Let the app speak aloud an incoming call using your own custom message so you can tell who's is calling easily.
Change on the fly before dialing, the prefix of a contact number (no need to update your contacts manually).

D. SMS CTRL
Let the app speak aloud an incoming SMS using your own custom message so you can tell who's is messaging you easily.

E. Camera Flash Led CTRL
Camera Flash can be made to blink on receiving a call or new SMS.

F. WIFI CTRL
Want to get a notification if WIFI is on but not connected ?
Would you like to toggle WIFI based on screen being on/off ?
Wish to turn off WIFI if no longer connected ?
Then check out these options.

G. Screen CTRL
You find that the screen turns-off too quickly ? Just let the app increase the screen time-out when using your favorite apps.
The app can also set the screen to Landscape when HDMI connection is detected.

H. Share With CTRL
Let the app, send a web site to Google translate to be translated to your language.

Tested on 2.2/2.3/4.0/4.1 android, does not require root access.

Permissions Explanation
---
- Your messages
Be able to announce the reception of an SMS

- Your personal information
Be able to announce the contact name when receiving an SMS or a Call

- Network Communication
Be able to detect Wifi/Bluetooth connection

- Phone Calls and Services that cost you money
Be able to add a prefix in-front of the number being dialed

- Hardware controls
Be able to use the camera Flash

- System tools
Be able to toggle WiFi/Bluetooth

-Your personal information
Be able to identify the caller

-Services that cost you money
Be able to append infront of the number the prefix

History of changes:
---
Version 4.1:
> Removed ClipBoard and Location CTRLs (they are now standalone apps).
> Various fixes.

Last edited:

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
Doesn't work. Starting with a black screen and after pops up a dialog to forse close app.
here is the logcat code:

Code:
I/ActivityManager(  186): Start proc com.csdevctrl for activity com.csdevctrl/.CSDevCTRL: pid=1110 uid=10118 gids={3002, 3001
, 1006}
D/dalvikvm(  107): GC_EXPLICIT freed 12K, 54% free 2478K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 73ms
D/dalvikvm(  107): GC_EXPLICIT freed <1K, 54% free 2478K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 90ms
D/szipinf ( 1110): Initializing inflate state
D/dalvikvm(  107): GC_EXPLICIT freed <1K, 54% free 2478K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 550ms
D/dalvikvm( 1110): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 51K, 54% free 2487K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 74ms
D/AndroidRuntime( 1110): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 1110): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40018560)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.csdevctrl/com.csdevctrl.CSDev
CTRL}: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1752)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1768)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:936)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3812)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:841)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:599)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at com.csdevctrl.CSDevCTRL.onCreate(CSDevCTRL.java:482)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1047)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1706)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        ... 11 more
W/ActivityManager(  186):   Force finishing activity com.csdevctrl/.CSDevCTRL
W/ActivityManager(  186): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{40816c40 com.csdevctrl/.CSDevCTRL}
I/dalvikvm(  587): Jit: resizing JitTable from 2048 to 4096
^C

chrisstavrou

Mar 4, 2005
Nicosia
Hi dancer,
what can i say ... it crashes as there are no paired devices on your device.

I apologize for this, forgot to try a case like this on my phone as its not possible to test on the simulator.

Anyway, i have uploaded the 1.3.1 so if you want to try it please downloading it again.

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
Yes, I changed my rom recently and I haven't pair my bluetooth.
I will try the new version.
Ευχαριστώ.

EDIT:
Works fine now.

Μιας και είναι ελληνική ή εφαρμογή, γιατί να μην είναι και στα ελληνικά?

Last edited by a moderator:

chrisstavrou

Mar 4, 2005
Nicosia
Ευχαριστω για τα σχολια dancer.
Its a good suggestion to support other languages than englsh.

I am going to upload the xml file with the strings and anyone will be welcome to change it and match his/her mother language.

FerretAD

Aug 26, 2006
Lincolnshire
It appears to be working on Gingerbread, on my HD2.

This app will come in very handy, as GB on the HD2 has a 60mA idle drain with Bluetooth, and I use Bluetooth in my car, so this will help alot.

I will test it over the next day or 2 and report back.

Thanks for the work :)

ilhe1s

Jun 24, 2010
Denver
Awesome App! Love the bluettoth features and how the flash will blink on an incomming call if turned over.

One request would be to have wifi turn off once no longer in range/connected for like 5 minutes.

TIA

clemme01

Oct 15, 2010
Tårnby
Nice app. i just have 1 suggestion, it would be nice i the wifi turn off came maybe 1
minute after screen turn off

unknownrebelx

Feb 23, 2008
Long Beach
Something kind of weird happened. I had my phone on vibrate, and when the call finally connected to the phone, the vibrate started and there was no light, and then when the light started, the vibrate stopped. Is there any ways to have both or is there a specific reason you chose one at a time?

Awesome feature though. Thanks for the hard work. Keep it up. :D

satanix

Sep 27, 2004
Sydney
wow this is a great tool! i have only tried the incoming call flash feature and it works great. I have not tested the blue tooth function tho.

Tested on Dell Streak with DJSteve's 1.8.1 rom.

keep up the dev!

2sslow

Dec 5, 2010
Evo4g here, I just installed your app and I was wondering how do i know if the bt settings are actually working? The bt connected icon stays on all of the time.

Lorthirk

Jan 10, 2005
Udine
Wow, this is going to be great!

Just one question: in a screenshot on this site i saw "Turn off bluetooth if not connected to paired device", but I can't find it on the app. Is this feature missing or what?

Great work anyway!

Reactions: chrisstavrou

chrisstavrou

Mar 4, 2005
Nicosia
Something kind of weird happened. I had my phone on vibrate, and when the call finally connected to the phone, the vibrate started and there was no light, and then when the light started, the vibrate stopped. Is there any ways to have both or is there a specific reason you chose one at a time?

:) really weird but to be honest i did not try this case.
Thanks for the comments, i will test it to figure a way to have both enabled as the intention was to add the flash functionality on top of any existing.

Reactions: unknownrebelx

chrisstavrou

Mar 4, 2005
Nicosia
Evo4g here, I just installed your app and I was wondering how do i know if the bt settings are actually working? The bt connected icon stays on all of the time.

Well the purpose of this program is:
- Turn on the bluetooth when making/receiving a call
- Turn it off only if it was turned on due to the above statement.

So if the bluetooth was already on , then the program will not interfere with it and it will not turn it off.

So to test it, make sure that bt is off and then try making a call (it should turn bt on) then hang up (it should turn it off) assuming the relevant options are selected.

chrisstavrou

Mar 4, 2005
Nicosia

Just one question: in a screenshot on this site i saw "Turn off bluetooth if not connected to paired device", but I can't find it on the app. Is this feature missing or what?

Great work anyway!

Thanks for the comment, the paired devices option will appear only if you have already paired BT devices before running the program.

Reactions: Lorthirk

FerretAD

Aug 26, 2006
Lincolnshire
Well, i've been testing it for the last day, and it works great - Well done.

Only thing for me, is my stereo doesn't connect fast enough to the Bluetooth for me to use the handsfree... But obviously, thats not a fault of this program, it's the stereo.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Offers functionality to enjoy more your android device:

A. Bluetooth CTRL
    No need to worry for turning on/off bluetooth while making calls.
    Just let the app, toggle automatically the bluetooth for you based on your own settings.
    Using Samsung S3 stock rom with the known autoconnection problem ? Just enable the workaround to fix this problem.

B. Sound Volume CTRL
    If you find that the ringer volume is been reduced accidentally too often, then just let the app automatically adjust it for you when ringing.
    The app can also synchronize the media volume mute state with the ringer mute state.

C. Call CTRL
    Let the app speak aloud an incoming call using your own custom message so you can tell who's is calling easily.
    Change on the fly before dialing, the prefix of a contact number (no need to update your contacts manually).

D. SMS CTRL
    Let the app speak aloud an incoming SMS using your own custom message so you can tell who's is messaging you easily.

E. Camera Flash Led CTRL
    Camera Flash can be made to blink on receiving a call or new SMS.

F. WIFI CTRL
    Want to get a notification if WIFI is on but not connected ?
    Would you like to toggle WIFI based on screen being on/off ?
    Wish to turn off WIFI if no longer connected ?
    Then check out these options.

G. Screen CTRL
    You find that the screen turns-off too quickly ? Just let the app increase the screen time-out when using your favorite apps.
    The app can also set the screen to Landscape when HDMI connection is detected.

H. Share With CTRL
    Let the app, send a web site to Google translate to be translated to your language.

Tested on 2.2/2.3/4.0/4.1 android, does not require root access.

Permissions Explanation
    ---
    - Your messages
    Be able to announce the reception of an SMS

- Your personal information
    Be able to announce the contact name when receiving an SMS or a Call

- Network Communication
    Be able to detect Wifi/Bluetooth connection

- Phone Calls and Services that cost you money
    Be able to add a prefix in-front of the number being dialed

- Hardware controls
    Be able to use the camera Flash

- System tools
    Be able to toggle WiFi/Bluetooth

-Your personal information
    Be able to identify the caller

-Services that cost you money
    Be able to append infront of the number the prefix

History of changes:
    ---
    Version 4.1:
    > Removed ClipBoard and Location CTRLs (they are now standalone apps).
    > Various fixes.

Great work anyway!

:) really weird but to be honest i did not try this case.
    Thanks for the comments, i will test it to figure a way to have both enabled as the intention was to add the flash functionality on top of any existing.

Great work anyway!

Thanks for the comment, the paired devices option will appear only if you have already paired BT devices before running the program.
    StyleUkno;11824124 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************11824124******end_of_the_skype_highlighting said:
    Atrix here. Works good. I havent tried the bluetooth options but the wifi one is nice...i would have to agree with both of the suggestions on here about the wifi. Turn wifi off when not in range for about 5 mins and connect when in range and to turn wifi off when screen is off for about 1 min. Other than that the only thing is when i start it up on the atrix it stays on a black screen for about 5 seconds then everything pops up...doesnt bother me but might bother others.
    Hi StyleUkno ,
    i have added the option for the WIFI, please try it and let me now.

As for the blank screen, this is caused as it tries to initialize the BT. I have changed it to show the relevant message.