Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Carbon-fiber Decal

OP phi303

9th March 2011, 06:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Thornton
Thanks Meter: 9

67 posts
More
just wanted to post this, an amazing carbon-fiber decal, not just a flat skin, this thing has a very pleasing weaved texture!

it also came with a "zagg-like invisible shield" screen protector. not sure how the white one is but this black one is slick =]

i got mine off of amazon but here's a direct link in you're at all interested:
http://www.skinomi.com/barnes-and-no...protector.html

and here's the amazon listing:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0046W2A3I
Last edited by phi303; 9th March 2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: added amazon link
10th March 2011, 01:04 AM   |  #2  
North Eastern Ohio
Thanks Meter: 152

699 posts
More
That is sharp. I was thinking anbout using 3M's DI-NOC carbon fiber film. A 12 x 12 sheet is $15 from here http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/. I did my netbook in this. Very easy to work with and great results.
10th March 2011, 05:31 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 15

28 posts
Are either of these real woven carbon fiber or just a carbon fiber look? Is it laminated? Removable?
10th March 2011, 11:23 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

37 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris peas

Are either of these real woven carbon fiber or just a carbon fiber look? Is it laminated? Removable?

Looked at the web site in the first post. It looks to be some kind of decal and not made from actual Carbon Fiber - but I could be wrong. ;)
10th March 2011, 01:32 PM   |  #5  
Flag My Grass Is Blue
Thanks Meter: 355

937 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicyclingEMT

Looked at the web site in the first post. It looks to be some kind of decal and not made from actual Carbon Fiber - but I could be wrong. ;)

Not actually carbon fiber, but looks like it. And also has the texture of the real thing which makes gripping your Nookie a little more secure. I have one of the custom back cf panels like this on my G tablet and love it.

And just ordered this one for the Nook!
Last edited by hitekredneck; 10th March 2011 at 01:39 PM.
10th March 2011, 06:33 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Thornton

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris peas

not laminated, not real CF either but its very textured, like any good skin it'll come off the device without leaving any marks or stickyness.

the texture is unbeatable when it comes to skins though
10th March 2011, 06:34 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Thornton

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by painter_

That is sharp. I was thinking anbout using 3M's DI-NOC carbon fiber film. A 12 x 12 sheet is $15 from here http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/. I did my netbook in this. Very easy to work with and great results.

nice find! i think i'm going to order a few sq-ft to cover a few things lol my ps3 and macbook would look amazing in these!
12th March 2011, 05:16 PM   |  #8  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 10

110 posts
Donate to Me
More
i just recently got this same skin myself and everything said positively about this is dead on.

Great feel, easy application, fantastic screen protector, my 100% fingerprinted covered screen is now about 2% - 5% if that, and gives a better tactile feel to the screen

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread