Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Resources] Flashing your First GSM Raphael Rom (For Noobs)

Tip us?

R^7Z
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Location: location! location!! (somewhere in the vast array of question marks)
Then apparently your understanding of the process is what the problem is I'm not trying to start a fight but I would encourage you to re-read the steps. To me, it is saying to flash first then hard reset. Maybe I'm wrong but if you hard reset before you flash, the only thing you are doing is clearing your current settings, amongst other things. Which makes no sense if you want to flash. Kind of like when I was flashing Task29, stock then Task29 and finally the custom ROM. It would make more sense to have skipped the second round of Task29 and even stock. Basically, to only use Task29 as needed as a troubleshooting step after flashing the "new" custom ROM. But do as you wish my friend I will not hinder your decision making any longer

atreyyu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I don't understand why you are saying that I do the hard reset before the rom flashing cause I've never did it. I did exactly what tutorial says, meaning I first flash the rom and than I do the hard reset (at the point number 10 to be more precise at which moment I make the hard reset). Also I've never said that the new rom doesn't work for me. What I don't understand is the meniu you get when you do the hard reset AFTER FLASHING the new rom, so I randomly pick one of the 2 options in that meniu, it works for both, however I don't know which one I was suppose to pick. I also don't understand what's the purpose of hard reseting every time after you have installed a new rom.

So my humble questions are:

1. is step 10 mandatory (the hard reset after flashing ) or should I ignore it and proceed to the stylus config ?
2. if step 10 is mandatory, while hard resetting, which option should be picked up ? (restore to factory or not)

R^7Z
Old
Thanks Meter 146
It should be quite simple my friend. The answer is simply "no", it is not required but if you do want to skip the calibration screen, it is required.
Additionally, it's a preference situation. If you want to continue on without a hardreset, do so by calibrating the screen. Secondly, I would say it wouldn't matter whether you restored to factory or not since you have made no changes before the hardreset. Unless you just like waiting for the action to complete, then in that case, I would say go for it!

atreyyu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey, thanks a lot for clarifying I won't do the hard reset in the future again, I've done it till now only because tutorial said to do it, but it's clear now that actually is not needed.

sendogg1983
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i maybe a tad of a noob, or even just inpatient but, i have read thru your guide 100 times just so i dont mess up, and im tryin to do the hard spl update.... now im getting error 202 sayin the phone is not connected to the computer.... i have spent a while goin thu the replys and have not found anything yet so i am askin for help.... i have extracted the file onto the c:/ local drive in its own folder and ran as it said ..... what can i do? im running windows 7 btw so i dont have outlook express or active sync i have windows mobile device.

also the phone is a MDV COMAPCT IV

R^7Z
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Got your PM stating you got it to work. Anything you'd like to share as to what you've found to help? You never know it might help someone else along the way. Though I don't recall anyone experiencing similar issues, granted it might be something you were or weren't doing. Either case, if you'd care to share good and if not, no big deal...

sendogg1983
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by R^7Z View Post
Got your PM stating you got it to work. Anything you'd like to share as to what you've found to help? You never know it might help someone else along the way. Though I don't recall anyone experiencing similar issues, granted it might be something you were or weren't doing. Either case, if you'd care to share good and if not, no big deal...

yeh... im thick and all i had to do was look on my fone where there wasa little notification askin to allow... i clicked yes and as if like magik.... it took the hard spl..... the i ran the rom i used the neon rom, it taken the rom like a duck to water, the step by step guide is so easy and its flawless....

the rom looks real nice and has made my day so far, tweeks are good even ssets up your simcard network.... i bow to whoever made this rom its beautiful !!!

also take my hat off to xda-devolopers and the people on it for keeping everything updated and designing new roms so noobs like me can havea attractive fone ...... thanks guys much love !

sendogg1983
Old
Thanks Meter 0
there is one little thing i found atm, in messages, it doesnt have a back button but u can use the one supplyd on the fone...... does anypone know where i can get the settings so i can send and recive pic messages ??

sendogg1983
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendogg1983 View Post
yeh... im thick and all i had to do was look on my fone where there wasa little notification askin to allow... i clicked yes and as if like magik.... it took the hard spl..... the i ran the rom i used the neon rom, it taken the rom like a duck to water, the step by step guide is so easy and its flawless....

the rom looks real nice and has made my day so far, tweeks are good even ssets up your simcard network.... i bow to whoever made this rom its beautiful !!!

also take my hat off to xda-devolopers and the people on it for keeping everything updated and designing new roms so noobs like me can havea attractive fone ...... thanks guys much love !

well... i have used the new rom for a few days now, so thought i would give a little more fedback on it....

not as good as i origonally thought, messages take a while to load up and as i said befor has no back button..... i cant seem to find msn messenger ( i had to go into the windows dir for it )

it has compleatly crashed once, and on a good few occations it says loading htc touch sence and stops me from anything i am doin at the time ...... i would say this rom isnt for noobs, im okay with tech and stuff like this so not too bad i find way around things but for a noob too mny thinks id say u dont wanna mess with.

dya
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, I have an HTC Touch Pro and I want to do an upgrade from WM6.1 to WM6.5.
I have found a stock shipping ROM: RUU_Raphael_HTC_WWE_5.05.405.1_R2_Radio_Signed_Rap hael_52.58.25.30_1.11.25.01_Ship.exe.
My phone is currently having the original WM6.1 stock ROM and was never played with.
My question is: do I need to install HardSPL to flash the shipped ROM (RUU_Raphael_HTC_WWE_5.05.405.1_R2_Radio_Signed_Ra phael_52.58.25.30_1.11.25.01_Ship.exe) or can I do it without the HardSPL?
I will probably not flash any custom ROMs too soon.
Thanks for your reply in advance.