Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 45,398 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NIGHTLY][ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for Samsung Captivate (captivatemtd)

Tip us?

smackdownn
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaik541 View Post
even if samsung releases sources, you won't get any "samsung features" back. this is CM not "z0mg touchwiz" ROm
well i was talking about all types of video file playback,better cam quality,proper HD video recording and those features which nexus S dosent have and galaxy S has! wasnt talkin about touchwiz.....and i know this is CM7 iam not blind.

atinm
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3728
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdownn View Post
well i was talking about all types of video file playback,better cam quality,proper HD video recording and those features which nexus S dosent have and galaxy S has! wasnt talkin about touchwiz.....and i know this is CM7 iam not blind.
That is the hope - anything that we can use from a samsung source drop will be used - we just don't know *what* they're drop.
I do this for fun, but if you want to thank me, please sign-up as an organ donor if you haven't already; I am alive because of one.

http://gplus.to/atinm // http://cyanogenmod.com //
http://github.com/CyanogenMod // http://github.com/teamhacksung

"XDA has cooks, most of them grill, pan fry, or broil...none of them develop." -- TheDudeOfLife

Kaik541
Old
(Last edited by Kaik541; 18th March 2011 at 11:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 879

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdownn View Post
what "samsung features" are you talking about then? 720p video recording? that's already in the works, this ROM is alpha/beta quality. DivX/mkv video playback? never say never, but unlikely as they're not a part of AOSP/CM. hell, the android market can't even be included with this ROM by default... are you asking about userland features like "slide for messaging/call" and "slide for brightness"? if so, nope, not until they're integrated into CM overall (which seems unlikely).

Nexus S is built from AOSP, CM7 is built from AOSP... since avi/mkv isn't a part of either, it wouldn't be included by default even if it worked properly. an addon package would be possible (assuming it worked, which is not likely), but that's just gravy at this point in time since the devs have bigger fish to fry than "I can't play my movie." The only way these features could be included by default would be to have them available in AOSP, and since there isn't source for it, we're SOL on that. if these features are important to your daily usage of the phone, stick with samsung until the team announces otherwise that these features work (you'll probably be waiting a while)
Samsung Captivate | Google Galaxy Nexus (GSM) | Google Nexus 7 (2012) | LG Optimus G (E970)
If I've helped you, consider becoming an organ donor or help me get more Dropbox space

curti.nogg
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaik541 View Post
are you asking about userland features like "slide for messaging/call" and "slide for brightness"? if so, nope, not until they're integrated into CM overall (which seems unlikely).
I just flashed CM7 an hour ago and I think I'm going to miss this.

I will update if I have any problems and I know logs or it didn't happen!

Thank you to atinm for development and Kaik541 for support.
Quote:
If outside is so good, why has mankind spent thousands of years trying to perfect inside?
-Sheldon Cooper

glos7777
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I have a problem with wifi , When I using another rom before 2.3.3 my wifi bar appear 3 bar but I have only 1 bar with 2.3.3 now ? my network modem is in the next room about 3-4 meters distance ? what is problem ?

cesierra
Old
Thanks Meter 10
is anyone using a version of Skype that works over 3G with this rom?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to cesierra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PuffinNugz
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarkGluonSoup View Post
If it says -1 if it is enabled, what will it say if it is disabled?
Again, these generic questions belong in Q & A. Like many of your other questions in this thread, it has nothing to do with CM7.

Chuckd610
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Does anyone else have an issue with cm7 not reading the external sd card? I tried several reboots, but still not reading it. Thanks

PuffinNugz
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckd610 View Post
Does anyone else have an issue with cm7 not reading the external sd card? I tried several reboots, but still not reading it. Thanks
Did you really just ask this?

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PuffinNugz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckd610 View Post
Do you mean you are having the issue that is a well known bug listed in the OP you should have read fully before installing? How odd...

Quote:
KNOWN BUGS

FF-Camera
Polling problem on RIL (works after lock and unlock)
2G/3G toggle (works if no data connection is active)
Compass (works not at 100%)
USB sharing of external SD-Card
commands: reboot recovery, reboot download (maybe not possible to implement)
FM-Radio
TV-Out
People please READ!!!!!!!!!!

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

Tags
2.3, awesome sauce, cm7, cyanogen, cyanogenmod, gingerbread, greatest ever, map, message access profile, o.r.d satisfier, samsung-approved, speed of light, sucks.., sucks..out samsung shit