15th March 2011, 10:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 548

1,221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey all!

Got a quick question for everyone, and I have to apologize for my inexperience-
How does one replace the module files in a Windows Phone 7 ROM? In my current situation, I have an extracted ROM (emulator build) dump, and a modified DLL file through ResHacker. In theory, by replacing this file, I should be able to hack around with some of the images and styles in the OS. If this works on my emulator build, then I'll feel a little more comfortable about moving on to a real device. (more details on this later)
That aside, with even an unmodified file, I can't seem to figure out how to replace a module. Using XIPPORT, I can delete modules or "add" modules, but any attempt to do so simply crashes the program and corrupts the ROM.

So, in what ways does one replace a module in a WP7 rom? Any resources would be greatly appreciated Thanks.
16th March 2011, 06:24 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag No Android Fanboys Please !!!
Thanks Meter: 2,168

3,350 posts
Donate to Me
More
you can't for the time being.

OndraSter and plax are working on a reloc tool (it is almost ready for SIS) but they need to find a way to get it working on XIP .
The Following User Says Thank You to ceesheim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2011, 10:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 548

1,221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceesheim

you can't for the time being.

OndraSter and plax are working on a reloc tool (it is almost ready for SIS) but they need to find a way to get it working on XIP .

Ah, explains a lot. Guess I'll wait and see Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread