Game Gripper For HTC G2!

Will you be buying a game gripper for your G2?

• Heck Yes

Votes: 200 85.1%
  • Nope, virtual controller is just fine.

Votes: 35 14.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Carphedon

Nov 13, 2010
Ok, fixed my game gripper, no more unresponsive left key and no more remapping. I just turned the left leg around and after a bit of measuring and cutting tiny bits of rubber it worked perfectly. Now it presses the a key instead of tab.

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

Last edited:

scottmog

Jun 6, 2007
Ok, fixed my game gripper, no more unresponsive left key and no more remapping. I just turned the left leg around and after a bit of measuring and cutting tiny bits of rubber it worked perfectly. Now it presses the a key instead of tab.

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

yup, i did the same thing in the beginning. nuts that we have to modify brand new controllers because that moronic company wont test their own equipment first.

RayNbow

Jun 30, 2007

Just wondering, which tools did you use for the modification? I assume a knife and some glue, but what type of glue for example?

Carphedon

Nov 13, 2010
Just wondering, which tools did you use for the modification? I assume a knife and some glue, but what type of glue for example?

I used bison superglue but anything strong and fast that glues plastics will do. Cutting was done with a stanley Knife and i used a round file to somewhat alter the rubber hole it has to go through.

_119318_216936.jpg

It's indeed a pity that this is what you have to do before you can properly use it -.-

buff_rob1256

Feb 20, 2010
Just wondering on how well this generally works for games and how good the dpad is? (Before or after modding it abit) like is it possible to play games like super mario world or psx and n64 games relatively easily? (I.e. games that need fast button pressing)

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Carphedon

Nov 13, 2010
Just wondering on how well this generally works for games and how good the dpad is? (Before or after modding it abit) like is it possible to play games like super mario world or psx and n64 games relatively easily? (I.e. games that need fast button pressing)

The dpad is good but only after the modding. Before the left key does not have any rebound and that just sucks. After some modding the pad workes even with fast button pressing.

welshwuff

Feb 28, 2011
was hoping more to see an app that doesn't require rooting... it seems an waste to have to hack or chop up my stuff just to make it work like it should of to start. Not really interested in voiding my warranty.

welshwuff

Feb 28, 2011
K fine i caved and used a hacksaw and some super glue, worked a charm with left now pressing A instead. Thanks GG for not testing your stuff first.

bmxrideher

Jan 20, 2009
Seattle
It works amazing for me. I received it three days ago and my thumbs hurt like a mother fu*ker. I just can't seem to put it down. The game that I find myself playing the most will probably be Tekken 3. I'm having zero issues. Well, besides the whole battery dying thing!

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
So, does simply rooting the Desire Z and/or using a nonSense ROM fix the issue with the left key?

paw3lk

Aug 22, 2008
Has anybody in the UK received their GG yet? I got an email on 28/02 saying it had just been shipped but so far I've not got it.

MrEzzzkiel

Jan 29, 2011
Aalborg
It's pretty easy... Just do it with caution... Cut the left stick underneath the D-pad and glue it on counterwise... Then cut some of the rubber away from the hole, so the A-button can be pressed... Voila! :)

Desire Z - with XDA Premium

Reactions: CoolWheelChair

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Re-did my control pad. Hard piece of plastic, I'll probably spray paint the thing.

Works perfect now, great rebound. Also linked the keys to "wasz", no ".com" or "d" anymore. :)

IMG_20110202_121802.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg
    Do these people even develop grippers for new devices anymore?

Awsome work. Wouldn't it be possible to mount the main circuit board and battery compartment to the bottom of the joypad then make an adapter on the top of the remote to hold the phone? I've not taken apart a wii controller yet so I'm not sure if it's even feasible. Just thinking aloud lol.

both of them are on the bottom of the joypad. if u mean inside, then no. unless u want to do a ton of custom work.

once i sell one of these then i have another idea i want to try out... so yea if anyone was interested, these are for sale.
    With my tools its a lot ezier for me to make the entire left and right rail like I did. I never saw someone use a thump tack though.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

I used a thumb tack, worked pretty well.
    After decapitating one I found that it's pretty much the exact same shape as the up/down pegs. Had to make the hole in the rubber bigger though.

Downside to this setup is that the D-pad falls out if you hold the gripper upside down and shake it around, since it isn't held in place by the left side anymore. Guess that could happen from time to time if you transport it in a bag or whatever.

Guess I'm off to drill a hole for the headphone jack now.
    Hope I won't mess that up too much :D