[ROM] VZW 2.4.0 Star Wars Removed - Many Setups - Update 2

Search This thread
A

Angdroid

2.4.5 Will be posted later on tonight. Just got my hands on the dump and need to do some work to fix it up and all that crap.

So stay tuned...

Shadowlore

Oct 6, 2010
Any chance of getting an updated version that DOESN'T have the annoying R2D2 beeping on bootup? (or if there's an easy way to kill it, if someone can pass that along, I'd appreciate it)

A

Angdroid

Any chance of getting an updated version that DOESN'T have the annoying R2D2 beeping on bootup? (or if there's an easy way to kill it, if someone can pass that along, I'd appreciate it)

Goto settings, sounds and change notification ringtone. It will be gone with the new builds :)

I am building everything now and it will take a few hours...

Shadowlore

Oct 6, 2010
Yeah.. I know that much.. but does that affect the bootup too? I thought the bootup animation (and sound) was separate...

If I'm wrong, just lemme know and I'll keep digging.

event121

Aug 9, 2008
2.4.5 Will be posted later on tonight. Just got my hands on the dump and need to do some work to fix it up and all that crap.

So stay tuned...

Hah! I came here to ask if you had seen 2.4.5 after checking latest s/w at work today.

Good to know it's coming soon. Will be back later to grab. Appreciate the work!

walcs

Sep 4, 2010
Awesome, I cant wait! So what's special in 2.4.5? Or someone can give me a link on changlog on 2.4.5 I would appriciate it

Coderedpl

Yes you can SBF it back to 2.20

When you installed Clean ROM it made a folder on sd card called removed_pacakges...they are in there. If you went with full rom then browse the zip file, in the app folder all the apk files are in there. Copy them to system/app on phone, set proper permissions and you have missing widgets or whatever back.

You've been really helpful in helping me understand a few things. Im guessing sbf is pretty much restoring phone factory original right? Not sure what sbf even stands for rofl.

All I've been doing past day is flashing all the different combinations to see what the differences are. Time to backup and try plain r2d2 or w.e rom. Then back to this :)

Anyway is root explorer similar to sort of using adb but in a gui? Want to make sure its worth it before spending the$ on it.

And x2 on the question of benefits of 2.4.5

Last edited:

primarilydna

Jun 15, 2010
uh bit of problem here guys.........i had superclean rom and i deleted the com.launcher through rootexplorer now only the lock screen shows but not the home screen its just blank i cant restore help plz

walcs

Sep 4, 2010
uh bit of problem here guys.........i had superclean rom and i deleted the com.launcher through rootexplorer now only the lock screen shows but not the home screen its just blank i cant restore help plz

Put the updated launcher.zip on your sdcard, then go to Bootstrap and update the .zip and you should be golden

indypb

Jun 24, 2009
Thread is back from the dead, lol....

Long story short, somehow I lost my stock R2D2 backup when installing Fission....can I use this and re-install the missing SW stuff to get back to stock?

Problem is I need to return phone to VZW, obviously can't in its current state. And since there's not R2D2 sbf floating around this is the best thing I can think of......