Theme Kitchen

Search This thread

daniel.mitran

May 15, 2008
Bucharest
Hello everbody,

As some of you know from my iNexus Port thread I have created a kitchen for theming roms like Oxygen/GingerVillain//Redux/etc.

I think the project matured enough to go public so here is the link: http://kitchen.imitran.com:8009

Please report any problems (using this thread or a pm or the Contact form on the website)

UPDATE 25.05.2011: I just noticed there was an error with the build script; it is fixed now.
UPDATE 20.04.2011:
The changes I've been working on in the last week are now live.
Changes:
- more fonts, with preview
- more themes
- a queue status that will show current status (cooking a theme usually takes 1-2 minutes if only framework has to be compiled, 5-10 minute for framework+apps)
- a debug log is saved, to help me find(squash) bugs
- I've changed some of the logic behind framework icons: if you choose an icon set (first tab) you get all icons from that set (you no longer have to also choose menu icons for example); I plan to further differentiate the icons (lockscreen, tabs, spinner etc) so in the end will be able to choose a base theme and over it apply whatever you like from any other theme.

Last edited:

vasili_defy

Feb 10, 2011
some of my screenies :p of the theme i made from the kitchen in the morning...:D

snap20110325145028.png

snap20110325144207.png

snap20110325144136.png

snap20110325144122.png

zHk3R

Aug 17, 2009
Hoth

vasili_defy

Feb 10, 2011
jus used the ubuntu font from the kitchen, or if u dont have the seperate ubuntu font folder , tell me will share it for you!!

n..vasili wud b nice , instead of vasili_defy ;) !!
regards,
vasili

Alsajosora

Jun 20, 2009
managed to get one theme done in the kitchen but now it won't let me cook another one...It just sits on the cooking rom bar and goes no further!!! Am I doing something wrong?

daniel.mitran

May 15, 2008
Bucharest
managed to get one theme done in the kitchen but now it won't let me cook another one...It just sits on the cooking rom bar and goes no further!!! Am I doing something wrong?

It's not you, it's me :D : the script that actually cooks the theme got stuck deleting a file owned by another user; fixed it manually, hope it doesn't happen again; if it does happen again will install a monitor to notice me when a theme stays in queue too much.

There are now 19 themes in queue, the server will be busy for the next hour :)

Thanks for the heads up,

Dan.

Reactions: Alsajosora

Alsajosora

Jun 20, 2009
Many thanks Dan, am cooking as we speak!!!
:)
BTW any chance of getting a boot animation changer in there as well..........;O)

daniel.mitran

May 15, 2008
Bucharest
BTW any chance of getting a boot animation changer in there as well..........;O)

Hello Alsajosora,

There are a lot of things I'd like to add to the kitchen (among them boot animations) but I decided to freeze the features and improve the overall experience (the big problem right now is (in my opinion) with the previews, I'd like to give the user an idea of what he/she is about to flash in recovery).

So the answer is: in the short term no, in a few months maybe, in the long term for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yorzua

vasili_defy

Feb 10, 2011
hey dan,
U have added a circle battery..from UOT!!
can we also have a honeycomb battery style and power buttons from UOT! :p

Last edited:

byrko

Aug 2, 2010
near Cologne
Any experience with Redux 1.1.0 or 1.1.1 RC1?
What happens, flashing 1.1.0 (uto kitchen) with Redux 1.1.1?
Excuse my english, hope you understand, what I mean.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everbody,

As some of you know from my iNexus Port thread I have created a kitchen for theming roms like Oxygen/GingerVillain//Redux/etc.

I think the project matured enough to go public so here is the link: http://kitchen.imitran.com:8009

Please report any problems (using this thread or a pm or the Contact form on the website)

UPDATE 25.05.2011: I just noticed there was an error with the build script; it is fixed now.
    UPDATE 20.04.2011:
    The changes I've been working on in the last week are now live.
    Changes:
    - more fonts, with preview
    - more themes
    - a queue status that will show current status (cooking a theme usually takes 1-2 minutes if only framework has to be compiled, 5-10 minute for framework+apps)
    - a debug log is saved, to help me find(squash) bugs
    - I've changed some of the logic behind framework icons: if you choose an icon set (first tab) you get all icons from that set (you no longer have to also choose menu icons for example); I plan to further differentiate the icons (lockscreen, tabs, spinner etc) so in the end will be able to choose a base theme and over it apply whatever you like from any other theme.
    very nice.

can you change link to UOT kitchen in Framework/Battery/Circle Battery ?
    current link is http://uot.dakra.lt

Thanks.

Changed the link to the new one.

Dan

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App
    hey daniel,
    gud work mate..
    but got one 'hiccup' ,special apps section dont show preview as other sections

It's not you, it's me :D : the script that actually cooks the theme got stuck deleting a file owned by another user; fixed it manually, hope it doesn't happen again; if it does happen again will install a monitor to notice me when a theme stays in queue too much.

There are now 19 themes in queue, the server will be busy for the next hour :)

Thanks for the heads up,

Dan.

Hello Alsajosora,

There are a lot of things I'd like to add to the kitchen (among them boot animations) but I decided to freeze the features and improve the overall experience (the big problem right now is (in my opinion) with the previews, I'd like to give the user an idea of what he/she is about to flash in recovery).

So the answer is: in the short term no, in a few months maybe, in the long term for sure.