Atrix update 4.1.57 released to public (UPDATE: WE HAVE ROOT!!!)

Search This thread

Beach_Head

Aug 25, 2010
Are you talking to me?

Have you read what i spent my time on writing? Come on...

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I know it's OTA. But the update is saved in the cache after downloading which means that you can pull it via adb so that you have a copy on your PC or SD.

You just have to make sure to pull it before you update because it's deleted afterwards.

I was going to do it but accidentally let the update run before I ha a chance to...

Sorry it's OTA only.

I flashed back to stock and didn't have any issues acquiring the OTA update. Make sure you are on this version of the "stock" firmware. You want to be on the shipped ROM. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1003903

Don't seem to have this issue.

Not here. Might have a tower out in your area. G stands for GPRS which is the slowest mobile internet service you can have. I would call AT&T and they should let you know if a tower is out in the area.

Make sure you are on this stock firmware. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1003903

The other sbf file will not allow you to update.

crnkoj

Feb 16, 2011
i think im gonna throw the phone into a wall soon, got picked for the update, but never got the popup, and even if i go to settings-about phone-system updates it says my phone is up to date... (tried it over wifi and over 3g to no avail)

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
i think im gonna throw the phone into a wall soon, got picked for the update, but never got the popup, and even if i go to settings-about phone-system updates it says my phone is up to date... (tried it over wifi and over 3g to no avail)

If you are still not receiving the update post in the Motorola forum and they should be able to help you out. Might just have one number wrong on your IMEI or something.

crnkoj

Feb 16, 2011
If you are still not receiving the update post in the Motorola forum and they should be able to help you out. Might just have one number wrong on your IMEI or something.

eh, i double checked it ... the IMEI is correct, i posted in the "didn't recieve update" thread already, well see what happens ...

Beach_Head

Aug 25, 2010
Isn't there a windows period for the update? After the window closes, they won't re-enable the download.

Hopefully, someone saved a copy of the update and uploads it here...

eh, i double checked it ... the IMEI is correct, i posted in the "didn't recieve update" thread already, well see what happens ...

cafe.

Mar 26, 2011
Update installed smoothly, although I wasn't expecting it to take as long as it did. There were some tense moments during the install, mainly just because I was paranoid that it crashed.

Phone info:
rooted
unmodified Motoblur
unmodified ROM
No other changes to system files

**note** I did "freeze" some of the preloaded AT&T software on the phone using Titanium Backup Pro. To be safe, I unfroze everything before installing the update.

-Wifi is required to download the update.

What to expect during the install:

1) It will start by shutting down/rebooting your phone.

2) Shortly after it turns off, an unpacking/installing screen appears. The install screen has a progress bar, box, and a little android. During the install, like most installations, the bar will stop for several seconds (20-60 seconds). This is normal, so relax.

3) After the progress bar hits 100%, the led on the phone will begin to blink red. Don't touch the phone during this point, it will reboot on it's own. So again don't panic, this can take a minute or so.

4) After it reboots, the normal circular red Motorola "M" splash screen will appear. I remember mine shutting off or something at this point, so I hit the power button to turn it back on. I doubt that was necessary, but if it does turn off simply turn it back on.

5) The first boot up is unusually long, somewhere between 3 and 5 minutes.

6) After it boots you should have no problems at all using the phone, but keep in mind any root access you had will be lost. I feel like I'm stating the obvious here, but I don't think there is anything you can do to stop this from happening.

The phone performs substantially better after the update, although it is not particularly noticeable during regular use. The main area that I saw improvement was in the webtop interface... don't expect it to be perfect though. Either the battery indicator or battery management also seems to be tweaked a bit, it's hard to say at this point what that will mean for battery life.

I wouldn't recommend installing this update if you've done anything more than root your phone, this includes removing any programs/apps out of the system partition.

Good luck!

KaLiBLeeK

i thought this update was suppost to fix data connection problem? seems like this update is fixing problems i never knew i had...maybe just an excuse to close some of the exploits.

Yeah, reading the list of fixes in that update is making me contemplate giving up the Atrix until they release Gingerbread for it. I actually signed up for the 4GB tethering plan, and at least twice a day I have to restart my phone because the data connection either drops completely, or slows to a 2kb/s crawl. *sigh*

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011

It could take up to 24 hours before you receive the update but it seems everyone else it getting it so go to the link they gave you in the email and it has instructions for people who haven't received the notification yet.

jjatrix

Mar 9, 2011
Interesting

So, I have an unlocked Atrix here in Qatar and I fooled around with settings (trying to get the wifi working which stopped after unlocking) and I managed to make my radio/mobile network stop working....

However, after the update (I was selected! woohoo) the radio/mobile networks are working now... still no wifi :(

crnkoj

Feb 16, 2011
hmm, just got the update, updated it without a problem now, i myself have a simunlocked atrix aswell, with a nonworking wifi after putting int he working sim. Ill put int he sim now and see!

crnkoj

Feb 16, 2011
so yes the wifi still isnt working on my simunlocked atrix after inserting sim....

mchimney

Aug 15, 2010

Hey man,

I just wanted to thank you for all your help. Patience is a virtue, i went to sleep last night and i woke up with the update popup.

Thank you very much:D

LordGeek

Aug 1, 2007
Ohio
My brother received an email from Motorola Development stating that within the next couple of days, he will receive a OTA pop-up for a BETA release testing for Gingerbread 2.3 .. funny thing is, like me, took our Atrix's back & both swapped them for the HTC Inspire (which we certainly don't regret doing).

So, either way, this does show that Gingerbread is SOON to be released for you Atrix owners :)

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

tbm48813

Jul 30, 2010
so anyone else after the update have problems with the wifi. signal strength sucks now and it bombs out all the time. used to be just fine before. not sure if this was addressed already but Ive been looking for someone else with the problem and maybe a solution but havent found anything and motorolas forums locked the discussion and there is no relevant new one to complain about this awful update that seemingly did nothing but break my wifi. anyone notice any "improvements" other then a weaker wifi signal? Ive heard "faster" but it benchmarked the same and did not seem any faster to me. Ive seen something about blutooth but i dont have a bluetooth keyboard. the fingerprint scanner still doesnt usually work on the 1st or 2nd try.

Top Liked Posts