Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xoom WiFi (MZ604) Root!!

Tip us?

ericdabbs
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angdroid View Post
Not sure if this is still needed...

www.teamdefuse.com/xoom/WiFiZoombcm4329.zip

www.teamdefuse.com/xoom/WiFiZoomvold.zip

Just got xoom wifi, if any help is needed with anything going feel free to contact me.

Working on complete system dump now
What are those files that you posted. It looks like one of them is the wifi driver but I am not sure what the other file is? Are these the stock wifi drivers pulled from the system?

Xaositek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angdroid View Post
Not sure if this is still needed...

www.teamdefuse.com/xoom/WiFiZoombcm4329.zip

www.teamdefuse.com/xoom/WiFiZoomvold.zip

Just got xoom wifi, if any help is needed with anything going feel free to contact me.

Working on complete system dump now
Actually we were able to snag those from the Tiamat kernel. We have an updated vold.fstab that allows for USB mounting providing you add the scsi_scan_wait.ko module. (The instructions include both)
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4
ROM: CM 10.2 (CM Nightlies)

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2
ROM: CyanogenMod Nightlies
vizir Old
Thanks Meter 0
the root worked great. but i am not seeing the linpack/quadrant improvements. is it that this is purely a root and that this process doesn't install tiamat kernel?

Xaositek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
It does install the Tiamat kernel. Might need SetCPU and bump up the clock speed.

sleeplessninja
Old
(Last edited by sleeplessninja; 28th March 2011 at 09:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
I made a video for the WiFi version that follows the steps laid out by this thread as of March 28th. I captured both the Computer and Xoom screen simultaneously. There is a glare on my Computer side, I apologize for that, but none the less everything I type in is overlaid on top of the video and I dictate it as well. This is also performed on a Macbook Pro Leopard OS X. But besides the fastboot command which is fastboot-mac instead of fastboot for PC, there is no difference. I try to go over common hiccups that I have seen some users have come across as well in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC6J-hV6SM4
Sensei Sleepless
Check out my Video Channel for Daily Android App Video Overview
http://www.youtube.com/sleeplessninjas

Sleepless Ninja Blog
http://www.sleeplessninja.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sleeplessninja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hm1b
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I am new at this.....What is worst case scenario? Would it brick my xoom?

How can I backup before I start? "To ensure I am in the safe side"
If I get stock in the middle can I exit the rooting process or I have to continue

hm1b
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessninja View Post
I made a video for the WiFi version that follows the steps laid out by this thread as of March 28th. I captured both the Computer and Xoom screen simultaneously. There is a glare on my Computer side, I apologize for that, but none the less everything I type in is overlaid on top of the video and I dictate it as well. This is also performed on a Macbook Pro Leopard OS X. But besides the fastboot command which is fastboot-mac instead of fastboot for PC, there is no difference. I try to go over common hiccups that I have seen some users have come across as well in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC6J-hV6SM4

Thank you so much for the Video...it really help to understand.

Are you yousing MAC? is there is a diffrent in commands used in the video for the mac or Window? "in the start you wrote [fastboot-mac oem unlock] is there is a simmler command for windows?

sleeplessninja
Old
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hm1b View Post
Thank you so much for the Video...it really help to understand.

Are you yousing MAC? is there is a diffrent in commands used in the video for the mac or Window? "in the start you wrote [fastboot-mac oem unlock] is there is a simmler command for windows?
Yes the windows version is only different when it comes to the commands in the fact that fastboot-mac is just fastboot. You do need to download fastboot and a couple other things not described in my video, all of these instructions are found on the first post to this thread by the OP.

If you do find it helpful I'd be more than happy to take a 'thanks' , but whether you do or not make sure above all you 'thank' the person who made this thread
Sensei Sleepless
Check out my Video Channel for Daily Android App Video Overview
http://www.youtube.com/sleeplessninjas

Sleepless Ninja Blog
http://www.sleeplessninja.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sleeplessninja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xaositek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessninja View Post
Added your video to the OP - great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by hm1b View Post
I am new at this.....What is worst case scenario? Would it brick my xoom?

How can I backup before I start? "To ensure I am in the safe side"
If I get stock in the middle can I exit the rooting process or I have to continue
Worst case is a $600 brick that you can't return. There is nothing to back up. Basically the difference between "root" and "stock" is lost once you do the flash the bootloader, just continue and enjoy

The Following User Says Thank You to Xaositek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gwartan
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I have to report as well +1 to successful WiFi Xoom root and tiamat kernel upgrade. Got a little confusing when it did not seem that i could get SU in place properly but i got it.
Some Days It's Just Not Worth Chewing Through The Restraints!
Galaxy S3 - Stock. Work won't let me play with my toys...

Tags
root, we can haz root?, wifi, xoom