[APP][1.6+] SD Maid - System cleaning tool
Use at own risk.
If you think something is not going as intended, please contact me.
Ive started working on a tool to clean up after apps (inspired by this thread).
Nobody is perfect and android neither.
Apps you have already deleted sometimes leave data behind.
The system constantly creates logs, crash reports and debug files you don't really need.
The market leaves temporary files of downloaded apps behind.
Lets not go on here...
SD Maid is a universal file tool that helps you keep your device neat and tidy.
- Remove corpses (left over files) from system,internal sdcard and external sdcard
- Cleans logfiles
- Removes stacktraces, bugreport files
- Cleans system & app caches [requires Pro version]
- Removes incomplete downloads
- Cleans temporary files
- Cleans *Windows thumbs.db, Windows desktop.ini, Cleans MacOs .DS_Store and MacOS ._* files
- Removes empty directories
- Cleans LOST.DIR directories
- Remove gallery thumbnails
- Allows cleaning files via usermade filters [requires Pro version]
- Finds duplicate files [requires Pro version]
- Limited functionality on non rooted devices
- File search function
- Complete root-capable filemanager
- View modified files systemwide
- Clean market search history
- Get an overview of the biggest files taking up space
- Vacuum databases
- Remove apps and system apps
- Reset apps back to default
- Freeze/unfreeze apps
- Remove apps without deleting their data
* Install this like any other app.
* If your device is rooted, you will be asked if you want to grant SD Maid root permission upon its first launch
* It is up to you what you choose, in each case SD Maid will make best possible use of its features.
* Have the SuperUser application remember this choice, repeated prompts can cause unexpected behavior
Root is recommended but not necessary.
Q: SD Maid does not recognize the Pro version
A: Try killing SD Maid or restarting your device.
Q: SD Maid doesn't start
A: In 99% of the cases, see the next question.
Q: SD Maid says I'm not rooted
A: Most likely an issue with your superuser application. Try updating it or switching to an alternative, such as these:
* SD Maid crashes on low memory devices when run in background
* everyone who helped with translations
* all the beta testers
* User ironlood for SD Maid's first batch of custom icons
* getLocalization.com for supporting the translation
* Titanium Backup for their custom built SQLite Binary
* Donators and users who buy Pro
My apps @ Google Play
Google Plus ~ Twitter ~ IRC Chat ~ Homepage
My Bitcoin adress: 1ETEgGAsccPRy78GBJe6wCEQFeBtt7pKNw