Ive started working on a tool to clean up after apps (inspired by this thread).
Nobody is perfect and android neither.
Apps you have already deleted sometimes leave data behind.
The system constantly creates logs, crash reports and debug files you don't really need.
The market leaves temporary files of downloaded apps behind.
Lets not go on here...
SD Maid is a universal file tool that helps you keep your device neat and tidy.
- Storage overview
- Root explorer & search
- Find & remove left over files from uninstalled apps
- Freeze, Uninstall, Export or kill apps
- Toggle autstart entries
- Find & delete common unnecessary files
- Clean applications by removing various cache files without loosing any data
- Find & delete duplicate files
- Overview over biggest files/directories on your device
- Optimize your SQL databases
- Show last modified files
- and more...
* Install this like any other app.
* If your device is rooted, you will be asked if you want to grant SD Maid root permission upon its first launch
* It is up to you what you choose, in each case SD Maid will make best possible use of its features.
* Have the SuperUser application remember this choice, repeated prompts can cause unexpected behavior
Downloads & Changelog
Primary Download Google Play
Secondary Download Darken's server
If you are interested in beta versions and want to help test new features, check out SD Maids G+ community.
Known issues/feature requests
Requests and ideas
If you want to help translate look here: SD Maid @ transifex.com
* all the translations
* all the beta testers
* User ironlood for SD Maid's first batch of custom icons
* transifex.com for making crowd sourced translations a breeze
* Titanium Backup for their custom built SQLite Binary
* Everyone who donated or bought Pro
SD Maid - System Cleaning Tool, App for the Android General
Current Stable Version: v18.104.22.168 (355)
Stable Release Date: 2014-11-27
Last Updated 2014-11-27