How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Android @ HTC Raphael 300

OP Tristard

10th March 2011, 09:03 AM   |  #11  
Flag Weinheim
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
More
this morning, it didn't freeze, i used it for like a minute after the alarm.

an yes, i like that keyboard too. It's like heaven compared to other phone inputs like milestone e.g..
10th March 2011, 09:38 AM   |  #12  
OP Member

30 posts
More
this morning, everything worked fine. now Im @work and the screen stays black, no chance. so reinsert battery and reboot again...
19th March 2011, 03:23 PM   |  #13  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 0

73 posts
More
Has anybody a solution?
I face the same problems with MDa Vario IV...it's annoying to take the right buttons...
19th March 2011, 03:43 PM   |  #14  
Flag location! location!! (somewhere in the vast array of question marks)
Thanks Meter: 146

1,878 posts
Right now all devs are focusing more on RHOD and some TOPA but none for RAPH. The idea is that the devs hope that RHOD development will be passed down to the RAPH. So, unless you have the know-how, one is only adding on to the same questions being repeated over and over but in different ways(makes for difficult searching).
For example, one of the first things one would have to figure out is how to collapse and wake the panel properly, as this is not being done for obvious reasons. The work around I have posted many times in other threads, forums, works for me and a few others but not for all.
Additionally, if you want to disable the end as power key, one would need to set this in spare parts
Last edited by R^7Z; 19th March 2011 at 03:46 PM.
6th April 2011, 09:29 AM   |  #15  
Flag Weinheim

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristard

this morning, everything worked fine. now Im @work and the screen stays black, no chance. so reinsert battery and reboot again...

currently I am testing my FRX05 Build on Stability. I think the display driver is not perfect, but it is not the cause of SoDs. Everytime when my phone had a SoD, it was very warm.

I experienced a similar situation, when i used GPS or charged the phone, or both.

I don't use the GPS or CTL Services on the phone, i use my old Kaiser as Navigation System, so i disabled both Options.

This is still in testing, but since i disabled those Options, my phone is still alive.

My normal way to work is 20 kilometres, and it was normal to have a SoD after this distance.

Yesterday i had an appointment 300 kilometres away. On the way to this appointment my phone had a SoD. I restartet Android, and disabled CTL. (I disabled GPS before). Since then, after more than 450 km of travelling, and 22 hours, the phone didn't had a SoD.
6th April 2011, 03:36 PM   |  #16  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,645

11,406 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonPfirsing

currently I am testing my FRX05 Build on Stability. I think the display driver is not perfect, but it is not the cause of SoDs. Everytime when my phone had a SoD, it was very warm.

I experienced a similar situation, when i used GPS or charged the phone, or both.

I don't use the GPS or CTL Services on the phone, i use my old Kaiser as Navigation System, so i disabled both Options.

This is still in testing, but since i disabled those Options, my phone is still alive.

My normal way to work is 20 kilometres, and it was normal to have a SoD after this distance.

Yesterday i had an appointment 300 kilometres away. On the way to this appointment my phone had a SoD. I restartet Android, and disabled CTL. (I disabled GPS before). Since then, after more than 450 km of travelling, and 22 hours, the phone didn't had a SoD.

Not sure what CTL is, but the RIL is a HUGE cause of the SoD issue. Basically poor service, switching 2g/3g, cell sites, etc - cause the SoD condition. hyc is testing/building new RIL's, and they've been working great - they should be phone-agnostic, check it out!
6th April 2011, 04:51 PM   |  #17  
Flag Weinheim

9 posts
More
CTL = Cell Tower Location

and yes, i thought RIL was causing SoDs too, but since i got an SoD in Airplane mode, with activated GPS, i was not sure about that.

I live in an area which has not the best 3G coverage, my phone is switching between G and 3G all the time, when i am at home.

Maybe RIL is working better with GSM than CDMA.

I will report any SoDs, when i got some, until now, my phone is running very smooth (without OC).
6th April 2011, 05:06 PM   |  #18  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,645

11,406 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonPfirsing

CTL = Cell Tower Location

and yes, i thought RIL was causing SoDs too, but since i got an SoD in Airplane mode, with activated GPS, i was not sure about that.

I live in an area which has not the best 3G coverage, my phone is switching between G and 3G all the time, when i am at home.

Maybe RIL is working better with GSM than CDMA.

I will report any SoDs, when i got some, until now, my phone is running very smooth (without OC).

Ah, what you call CTL, I call netloc .

Try out that new RIL, it should help both CDMA and GSM folk. It's just that a ton of code was missing for CDMA, we were really running in a fake GSM mode this entire time .
6th April 2011, 08:08 PM   |  #19  
Flag Weinheim

9 posts
More
ok, i'll call it netloc from now on

I will try FRX06 with the new RIL.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
raph300
Previous Thread Next Thread