Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,155 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android @ HTC Raphael 300

Tip us?

vonPfirsing
Old
Thanks Meter 1
this morning, it didn't freeze, i used it for like a minute after the alarm.

an yes, i like that keyboard too. It's like heaven compared to other phone inputs like milestone e.g..

Tristard
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
this morning, everything worked fine. now Im @work and the screen stays black, no chance. so reinsert battery and reboot again...

Melkor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Has anybody a solution?
I face the same problems with MDa Vario IV...it's annoying to take the right buttons...

R^7Z
Old
(Last edited by R^7Z; 19th March 2011 at 02:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 146
Location: location! location!! (somewhere in the vast array of question marks)
Right now all devs are focusing more on RHOD and some TOPA but none for RAPH. The idea is that the devs hope that RHOD development will be passed down to the RAPH. So, unless you have the know-how, one is only adding on to the same questions being repeated over and over but in different ways(makes for difficult searching).
For example, one of the first things one would have to figure out is how to collapse and wake the panel properly, as this is not being done for obvious reasons. The work around I have posted many times in other threads, forums, works for me and a few others but not for all.
Additionally, if you want to disable the end as power key, one would need to set this in spare parts

vonPfirsing
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristard View Post
this morning, everything worked fine. now Im @work and the screen stays black, no chance. so reinsert battery and reboot again...
currently I am testing my FRX05 Build on Stability. I think the display driver is not perfect, but it is not the cause of SoDs. Everytime when my phone had a SoD, it was very warm.

I experienced a similar situation, when i used GPS or charged the phone, or both.

I don't use the GPS or CTL Services on the phone, i use my old Kaiser as Navigation System, so i disabled both Options.

This is still in testing, but since i disabled those Options, my phone is still alive.

My normal way to work is 20 kilometres, and it was normal to have a SoD after this distance.

Yesterday i had an appointment 300 kilometres away. On the way to this appointment my phone had a SoD. I restartet Android, and disabled CTL. (I disabled GPS before). Since then, after more than 450 km of travelling, and 22 hours, the phone didn't had a SoD.
O2 XDA Diamond Pro (RAPH120): XDAndroid FRX05
HTC Kaiser (KAIS130): Fresh Froyo w/ TouchWiz NAND
O2 XDA mini S (HTC Wizard 200): SKYNET ROM

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3381

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonPfirsing View Post
currently I am testing my FRX05 Build on Stability. I think the display driver is not perfect, but it is not the cause of SoDs. Everytime when my phone had a SoD, it was very warm.

I experienced a similar situation, when i used GPS or charged the phone, or both.

I don't use the GPS or CTL Services on the phone, i use my old Kaiser as Navigation System, so i disabled both Options.

This is still in testing, but since i disabled those Options, my phone is still alive.

My normal way to work is 20 kilometres, and it was normal to have a SoD after this distance.

Yesterday i had an appointment 300 kilometres away. On the way to this appointment my phone had a SoD. I restartet Android, and disabled CTL. (I disabled GPS before). Since then, after more than 450 km of travelling, and 22 hours, the phone didn't had a SoD.
Not sure what CTL is, but the RIL is a HUGE cause of the SoD issue. Basically poor service, switching 2g/3g, cell sites, etc - cause the SoD condition. hyc is testing/building new RIL's, and they've been working great - they should be phone-agnostic, check it out!

vonPfirsing
Old
Thanks Meter 1
CTL = Cell Tower Location

and yes, i thought RIL was causing SoDs too, but since i got an SoD in Airplane mode, with activated GPS, i was not sure about that.

I live in an area which has not the best 3G coverage, my phone is switching between G and 3G all the time, when i am at home.

Maybe RIL is working better with GSM than CDMA.

I will report any SoDs, when i got some, until now, my phone is running very smooth (without OC).

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3381

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonPfirsing View Post
CTL = Cell Tower Location

and yes, i thought RIL was causing SoDs too, but since i got an SoD in Airplane mode, with activated GPS, i was not sure about that.

I live in an area which has not the best 3G coverage, my phone is switching between G and 3G all the time, when i am at home.

Maybe RIL is working better with GSM than CDMA.

I will report any SoDs, when i got some, until now, my phone is running very smooth (without OC).
Ah, what you call CTL, I call netloc .

Try out that new RIL, it should help both CDMA and GSM folk. It's just that a ton of code was missing for CDMA, we were really running in a fake GSM mode this entire time .

vonPfirsing
Old
Thanks Meter 1
ok, i'll call it netloc from now on

I will try FRX06 with the new RIL.

Tags
raph300