Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

[Q] Motonav

OP cadu.c.moraes

7th April 2011, 06:20 AM   |  #11  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 48

332 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhariz

nice info
I've downloaded it and it's still the same.
I still can't see 3d building (in new york) and the zoom level of map terrain cannot reach the level I want.
I'm curious about why I cannot find this apps in android market..
is it because google maps 5 still in beta version or what?
at least, the satelite view is great

if you do have the latest version, im not quite sure why you cant see buildings in 3D. i dont seem to have a problem seeing buildings in 3d in new york.

however about you not being to search for google maps on the market place, i had the exact same problem. apparently the reason behind it is because google does not distribute applications in Malaysia and Indonesia and many other countries. therefore, the only other way to work around it will be to root your phone in order to obtain google maps and other such software. as soon as i locate the relevant link ill edit this post with it.

EDIT: here is the post i was looking for. its a similar question i asked some time back and this is the answer i got:
I also from M'sia, but i able to update it by doing some tricks.
U can't update directly if u are from Malaysia because currently M'sia still not in the Market List that fully distributing all applications. This link will provide you with that list:

http://www.google.com/support/androidmarket/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138294

Solution: Go to Market & try to search "MarketEnabler" and u will know the trick.
U will be surprised by then.

Sorry, there is one more condition: Ur phone need to be Rooted!!

alternately you could view the thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=902151

Hope it helps
Last edited by agent008my; 7th April 2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: added link; answer
The Following User Says Thank You to agent008my For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2011, 11:59 AM   |  #12  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent008my

if you do have the latest version, im not quite sure why you cant see buildings in 3D. i dont seem to have a problem seeing buildings in 3d in new york.

however about you not being to search for google maps on the market place, i had the exact same problem. apparently the reason behind it is because google does not distribute applications in Malaysia and Indonesia and many other countries. therefore, the only other way to work around it will be to root your phone in order to obtain google maps and other such software. as soon as i locate the relevant link ill edit this post with it.

EDIT: here is the post i was looking for. its a similar question i asked some time back and this is the answer i got:
I also from M'sia, but i able to update it by doing some tricks.
U can't update directly if u are from Malaysia because currently M'sia still not in the Market List that fully distributing all applications. This link will provide you with that list:

http://www.google.com/support/androidmarket/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138294

Solution: Go to Market & try to search "MarketEnabler" and u will know the trick.
U will be surprised by then.

Sorry, there is one more condition: Ur phone need to be Rooted!!

alternately you could view the thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=902151

Hope it helps

Thank God I've rooted my phone several days before.
so I installed market enabler and choose to fake my network as verizon.
and it's like magic..I searched "map" in android market then from out of nowhere suddenly google maps showed up at the first row (that's amazing)
then I choose google map and it says "open" rather than "update". It indicates that my maps is in the same version (5.3) with the one in android market.
Then I decide to uninstall update and reinstall it from android market.
It's work, now I can see 3D building on my maps (I like the moment when the buildings growing up from the ground, it's cool)
thank you agent008my now my maps become more colorful
7th April 2011, 01:09 PM   |  #13  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 48

332 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhariz

Thank God I've rooted my phone several days before.
so I installed market enabler and choose to fake my network as verizon.
and it's like magic..I searched "map" in android market then from out of nowhere suddenly google maps showed up at the first row (that's amazing)
then I choose google map and it says "open" rather than "update". It indicates that my maps is in the same version (5.3) with the one in android market.
Then I decide to uninstall update and reinstall it from android market.
It's work, now I can see 3D building on my maps (I like the moment when the buildings growing up from the ground, it's cool)
thank you agent008my now my maps become more colorful

you're most welcome. glad to be of help enjoy ur maps in 3D
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gps, milestone2, motonav
Previous Thread Next Thread