• Fuji-Vega

Votes: 10 6.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
With the surge of some ROMs for our devices, and though they're related between each other to a certain degree (save for CM7), the inevitable question surges: which one has the upper hand? The stock ROM is vastly improved since 1.06 and Ganjaman's add-ons make it more mature, the MoDaCo ROM has the advantage of having been the first modded ROM, CyanogenMod7, thanks to Apache14's work, has made a stellar appearance and we actually get the official updates (such as the ones that mad-murdock presented us yesterday), Corvus has been updating his new ROM quite rapidly and it works nicely, like Fuji-Vega does... We're lucky that we're not in want of possible choices! But which is yours?

makokoko

Jun 2, 2010
bratislava
For me corvus. It's so quick and stable, and is the only one, where's my usb 3g huawei running. Did I told you, that it's really fast? :)

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App

purkybum

Mar 21, 2011
I agree totally, corvus is so quick. I can't wait until it can be combined with mad murdoch's HC tweaks, the vega will be Ninja then!

purkybum

Mar 21, 2011
support

@logseman
great idea for a thread. I'm considering starting a thread on a similar line, thought id check in and avoid toe treading and see if there is a need for it.
As a newb to vega android modding, its great that there is such a wealth of info and advice, but sometimes its not clear or comprehensive (at least in one place! )

I'd like to run a "what vega setup is best for me" thread. The aim being to allow users to show exactly what setup they are running, how it performs, pro's and cons, bugs etc.

By using a standard template, we can see what works and why. We can make direct comparisons between setups without searching through threads for hours.
Users can then copy setups and try if they think they like it. Might also provide devs useful concise feedback to help them progress roms / kernels etc.

If it already exists, feel free to point me in the right direction whilst mocking my newbe stupidity, but ive read and re read the main threads and can't see it.

If you're reading this and think it would be useful, let me know, with suggestions and i'll get the ball rolling.

I.A.O.

Edit: if you want to help or collaborate, pm me.

Last edited:

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
I'm not sure how setting up a "standard configuration" would be of benefit. Primarily because of two issues: first, the same custom ROM can have dramatic performance differences between one device and the other (I am a ROM tester for Galaxy S, people claim battery lives of 4 days which I've never heard about); and second, the point of Android is that it actually doesn't force any standardisation as of now: I don't see why users would tend to a certain set up which has been done by another person instead of experimenting themselves.

Don't take me wrong, I appreciate that you take interest in this thread, but I fail to see the point of your suggestion. Android has no predefined "set-ups" as far as I know.

purkybum

Mar 21, 2011
Yeah, i get your point. For me too its all about modding and tweaking. But i also got the impression that some people just want to get there device configured in a way that works for them quickly.
Im certainly Not saying lets all set up the same, if we wanted that we'd just bite the apple right!
I just think it would be useful to see at a glance what is working for people. I.e - "i need a rom with no lag on my vega - ah looks like cm7 ttrc2 has lag issues", without having to read 178 pages to find out.
I guess it would be more like an "at a glance" guide to roms for each device.

Slipurson

Feb 25, 2011
Fagersta
I used Modaco since i got my Mobii/Vega, but yesterday i flashed clockwork recovery and started using Titanium backup for real, so now i am testing some ROMs and sofar i like fuji-vega the most, fast and smooth, only some lag in appmenu when i have the device rooted.

jimh

Apr 4, 2007
I spent a long time using mcr8 eventually with buzz kernel but I then got bored and tried cm7 which I loved but just could not stand all the lag when scrolling etc.
I am now using corvus which seems to work well for me. I hope to switch back to cm7 when it improves a bit.

Dorank

Mar 6, 2011
I love CM7 on my phone and would love it on the Vega, but the wifi troubles it has at this moment on the Vega made me switch to first Modaco and than Corvus. The only bad thing I can say about Corvus is that I personally would prefer Gingerbread green icons aboive the blue ones in Corvus :)

bobbyelliott

Nov 28, 2006
Glasgow
I used Modaco since i got my Mobii/Vega, but yesterday i flashed clockwork recovery and started using Titanium backup for real, so now i am testing some ROMs and sofar i like fuji-vega the most, fast and smooth, only some lag in appmenu when i have the device rooted.

I am in a similar position to you. I have only installed Modaco R8 and not really used Titanium Backup nor Clockwork Recovery. I find R8 lags after extended use (requiring a reboot) so I am interesting in changing to Corvus. I have a few questions.

What is the best way to move from Modaco to Corvus?
Can I use Clockwork Recovery/Titanium to ease the pain of transition?
How do I install CWR?
Is it best to go back to stock and then install Corvus? If so, will I lose all of my customisations?

Thanks in anticipation of a response.

markatmgpc

Dec 17, 2006
St Mabyn
What is the best way to move from Modaco to Corvus?

I would do a Ti Backup of everything, then a nandroid backup before flashing.

Can I use Clockwork Recovery/Titanium to ease the pain of transition?

Definitely use both of these, pay for Ti Backup to enable auto batch stuff

How do I install CWR?

Try THIS thread

Is it best to go back to stock and then install Corvus? If so, will I lose all of my customisations?

You would want to wipe when doing an install of a different rom anyway, so you will lose settings, most will be restored by Ti Backup though.

bobbyelliott

Nov 28, 2006
Glasgow
> I would do a Ti Backup of everything, then a nandroid backup before flashing.

Sorry, how do I do that? I have Modaco R8 with Titanium Backup installed. How do I use Ti to "backup everything", what is a "nandroid backup", and how do I restore stuff after installing a new ROM?

Cheers.

bob1369

Feb 26, 2011
you can find this information quite easily by searching
ti backup press menu>batch>backup all user apps and system data
Then after installing cwm (download zip open
cd /path/to/folder
./install.sh for mac and linux (make sure to downlod my fixed scripts second post)
or
click install.bat for windows
then click recovery app use volume buttons and power to select backup and restore)
wipe data instal rom
ti backup from market
menu>batch>restore all user apps and system data (modaco is similar to corvus so should be safe to restore everything if things start crashing repeat install and untick all apps that are already installed in ti backup)
there you go you have transitioned
sorry if this sounds patronising it sounded like you were a noob so i included great detail
p.s. this will all become second nature after a while

Last edited:

d0cz

Feb 26, 2011
Lages
hmmm atm i'm using CM7, and after switching to launcher pro it's so fast !!

adw launcher is such a crappy launcher (sry, my opinion)

anyways, my flash is pretty laggy due to the unstable nightly builds, I mean they're not in the fully power.. but I will wait, <3 cyanogem

I wish we had the HC update soon, rly =(

C64c

Jan 12, 2010
Ive been using Fuji-Vega since april and applying updates when they become available.
Really happy with it and cant complain. Does what i need it to do.

Very quick to use. :cool:

bl1nky

Dec 14, 2008
london
Corvus5 for me right now. it's stable and fast as, with oc :) I have been using cm7 until a few days ago and will no doubt give the latest a shot before the weekends gone, it now has oc kernel

M..N

Jul 14, 2009
Will there ever be a fully working honeycomb rom?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App