Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,150 Members 38,208 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Backup of current stock rom for Gtab

Tip us?

delkster1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Backup of current stock rom for Gtab

Just had my Gtab about two days. I've seen how to install a new roms from these forums and youtube.

How do I backup my current stock rom for my Viewsonic Gtab? Is a backup already there somewhere? Will it have all my apps I've loaded since I got it?

Like to be able to set the device back as it is now, just in case.

cd112
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by delkster1 View Post
Just had my Gtab about two days. I've seen how to install a new roms from these forums and youtube.

How do I backup my current stock rom for my Viewsonic Gtab? Is a backup already there somewhere? Will it have all my apps I've loaded since I got it?

Like to be able to set the device back as it is now, just in case.
Hello,

if you would like to back up your current stock firmware you will need CWMod installed. You can go to this link and read up on how to install CWM.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=865245

Also just want to make you aware that if something bad does happen in the process of firmware you can use nvflash and recover your device and bring it back to factory.

it is here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=861950

Let us know if you need more help.

enjoy.
The Following User Says Thank You to cd112 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

butchconner
Old
Thanks Meter 137
delkster1,

I agree about CWM.

But I also recommend people get Titanium Backup and install and learn how to use it. Many G-Tablet users do. And don't forget after backing up that you need to manually copy the backups off to a microSD card or to your PC in case something messes the
tablet up.

Rev
The Following User Says Thank You to butchconner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]