Data

Search This thread

cuguy

Aug 22, 2009
Don't quote me on this but I think tiered data plans are coming soon, probably before the summer (iphone 5 release?).

From the past, $15 for 250 MB, $30 for 5GB (?) , and it gets up to $60+ for their "corporate" plans.

Now, that was for 3g so maybe they'll bump up the price a little for 4g. I wouldn't be surprised if they do that because VZW is a soulless, money leeching who*e. Hopefully we can keep riding on the "unlimited" data plan when Verizon changes their policy.

mcmillanje

Dec 19, 2010
I Don't think you've actually read the contract and what constitutes termination.

That being said, vzw has a good history of allowing grandfathered pricing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

IISiDeK1CKII

Aug 30, 2010
Greenville, NC
I Don't think you've actually read the contract and what constitutes termination.

That being said, vzw has a good history of allowing grandfathered pricing.

I don't think you have.

Verizon Wireless said:
If you're a Postpay customer and a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no early termination fee.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c...GREEMENT&jspName=footer/customerAgreement.jsp

I suppose "terminate" was the wrong term to use in regards to VZW, but they severely alter your contract, therefore they let you leave.

mcmillanje

Dec 19, 2010
Oops, ya got me.

Still, we don't know anything yet so let's not be too hasty. Also: why is this in the accessory forum?

cuguy

Aug 22, 2009
One of these days I gotta read that contract. Maybe while drunk so that it can make more sense lol

Sent from my ADR6400L

ERIFNOMI

Oct 11, 2010
but if the change it to 5 gigs for $30 then there is no material(monetary) effect on you

So if they change a (theoretical) voice plan of 1000 min for $10/month to 10 min for $10/month there is no material affect on you? You get charged for going over min. If you used all or most of 1000 min then you get bumped down to 100 but still use 1000 min you'll have to pay more. Would this not count towards you being able to drop out of your contract either?

If you got the $30/month unlimited plan because you're a heavy user and you use say, ~10GB a month and they change your plan to $30/month for 5GB plus $10/GB over (or whatever they decide the rate to be) you're going to be paying more for the same things you got on your own contract.

I think they would be breaking their end of the contract. Even if they could get away with it, it would mean a lot of bad press. Verizon doesn't want any more of that than they already have.

brandnewsimmy

Jun 12, 2007
So if they change a (theoretical) voice plan of 1000 min for $10/month to 10 min for $10/month there is no material affect on you? You get charged for going over min. If you used all or most of 1000 min then you get bumped down to 100 but still use 1000 min you'll have to pay more. Would this not count towards you being able to drop out of your contract either?

If you got the $30/month unlimited plan because you're a heavy user and you use say, ~10GB a month and they change your plan to $30/month for 5GB plus $10/GB over (or whatever they decide the rate to be) you're going to be paying more for the same things you got on your own contract.

I think they would be breaking their end of the contract. Even if they could get away with it, it would mean a lot of bad press. Verizon doesn't want any more of that than they already have.
I used basically the same minute comparison when trying to get out of T-Mobile once they started throttling at 5 gigs. It was a no go for me. Needless to say I was pretty heated since I often used 6-7 gigs and when throttled would get 59kbps on their 3G. Hopefully it doesn't come to that again.

Sent from my ERIS using XDA App

ERIFNOMI

Oct 11, 2010
I used basically the same minute comparison when trying to get out of T-Mobile once they started throttling at 5 gigs. It was a no go for me. Needless to say I was pretty heated since I often used 6-7 gigs and when throttled would get 59kbps on their 3G. Hopefully it doesn't come to that again.

Sent from my ERIS using XDA App

But isn't that in the contract somewhere for T-Mobile? I'm pretty sure somewhere it says they have a soft-cap of 5GBs. I think the scenarios are a little different in this case.

unremarked

Jun 18, 2009
Out There
If you have $30 unlimited 4G LTE data now, you will keep it forever. VZW will only force you to change your plan if you upgrade to a device that is incompatible with your current plan. For instance, VZW offered unlimited data on their 3G air cards. That plan has been discontinued but the customers who have it get to keep it on any 3G air card device they purchase. If they want to upgrade to 4G, however, they would have to give up that plan due to plan/device incompatibility. The system would not allow it.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.