Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,569 Members 44,192 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Sync cannot detect the phone if iTunes installed

Tip us?

Mankio
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default HTC Sync cannot detect the phone if iTunes installed

If any of you is having trouble to let HTC Sync detect the phone, try to rename the "iTunes" folder in your "My Documents\Music" folder.

When I bought the phone, I installed the HTC Sync v3.0.5517 (which was on the SD card and newer than the online version) on my Windows 7 x64 SP1 e never could see it detected by the software. Every time I launched it, the notification icon showed that the phone was detected and after 2 seconds disappeared (htcUPCTLoader.exe also disappeared from task manager).
I tryed the software in a WinXP Virtual Machine and it worked fine, so I decided to contact the HTC Support in order to know if there was some incompatibility with Win7 x64 SP1: the told me that the problem was my PC

After a few search, I found a similar problem in another forum, and tried to rename the iTunes folder, and I finally got HTC Sync starting and synching like a charm. The problem is when the software tries to detect our iTunes playlist in order to show them in the Media synchronization.

I replied back to the HTC Support telling them this issue, hoping that they will fix it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mankio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mike-78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks

Thanks for the Info,

I've same problem with XP-Media Center, Sync installed from SD-Card and then a connect and nothing. The HTC Sync is starting up and then "updating HTC...." for ever.
When leaving the room with Device connect it started up after a while (1hour probably - was not in the room) and then I could set up the sync but it never started.

Will give it a try in the evening.

Cheers

Mike
HTC History: Himalaya , Touch Diamond , HD2(Leo) and finaly - a returned - Desire S , ZTE Blade - intermediate Solution till my S2 will be in place

ben_pyett
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1889
What are you guys syncing with HTC Sync?

I found that Google's own sync tools were best for calendars and contacts?

I originally uploaded all my Outlook calendar & contacts into my Google account in the cloud and now the phone syncs itself without the need for HTC Sync.

If you need to continue to still use Outlook you can do as Google Calendar Sync will continue to sync both ways.

Mike-78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile works perfect!

Thanks a lot,

I've renamed the I-Tunes folder and HTC-Sync was running perfect.

Cheers

Mike
HTC History: Himalaya , Touch Diamond , HD2(Leo) and finaly - a returned - Desire S , ZTE Blade - intermediate Solution till my S2 will be in place

Mankio
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_pyett View Post
What are you guys syncing with HTC Sync?

I found that Google's own sync tools were best for calendars and contacts?
I'm using HTC Sync with Outlook for 2 reasons:
- I can sync my Outlook contacts with my 2nd phone
- I hate having unuseful mail contacts (eg: work mail, mailing-list senders) in my phone
The Following User Says Thank You to Mankio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]