Search This thread

parmend

Apr 11, 2010
Fort Worth
Is there a way to get the nexus s launcher on the evo. I noticed a couple in the market but I didn't know if there was a apk.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

knightwolf123

Inactive Recognized Themer
Feb 16, 2011
/home/front-porch
Google Pixel 6 Pro
What he said. The latest Amon_ra recovery allows you to wipe everything including your SD card. Boot into recovery, mount the SD card and copy everything off of it, unmount the card and wipe everything (some say 2 or 3 times just to be sure but I haven't seen proof that this really makes a difference). Flash your rom.

i should have specified...... i want to keep the files i need (nand backups, file settings, saved stuff like my adwex setup) stuff like that.

there are tuns of files and crap i am sure i dont need from all the flashing i have done. i bought my evo right after launch day (hardware 0003) and the card afterwards. i have flashed probably 10 - 15 roms and kept 3 for a long while and did alot of move to sd card for programs.

i can pretty much figure it out i guess was just wondering if there was an awsome "clean and save sd card for idiots" or something. ive had AWSOME luck dont get me wrong. ive done more posts trying to help others with problems than i have trying to fix the problems i have had.

anyways, ill just flash "final" over what i have (after a good wipe) and go with it if nothing else.

oh look! its out!!.

just kidding. lol

Darkmx2000

Nov 4, 2009
Charlestown
There is a launcher in the market that gives you the gingerbread themed launcher and you can also download the gingerbread themed skin for ADW. I also created a gingerbread themed Launcherpro but I don't know how to zip them together.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

ausch30

Feb 19, 2009
Buffalo, NY
i should have specified...... i want to keep the files i need (nand backups, file settings, saved stuff like my adwex setup) stuff like that.

there are tuns of files and crap i am sure i dont need from all the flashing i have done. i bought my evo right after launch day (hardware 0003) and the card afterwards. i have flashed probably 10 - 15 roms and kept 3 for a long while and did alot of move to sd card for programs.

i can pretty much figure it out i guess was just wondering if there was an awsome "clean and save sd card for idiots" or something. ive had AWSOME luck dont get me wrong. ive done more posts trying to help others with problems than i have trying to fix the problems i have had.

anyways, ill just flash "final" over what i have (after a good wipe) and go with it if nothing else.

oh look! its out!!.

just kidding. lol

As I said before, when in recovery, mount the SD card and just drag and drop the files you want to keep onto your computer. There's no magic program or anything that I know of that does it, everybody's phone is different depending on what you do with it. Save your pictures, music, movies, nandroid folder, etc. I actually backup my entire SD card occasionally just because I've already had 2 cards go bad on me and I ended up losing everything on them. I would suggest just copying everything over to your computer and after flashing your rom you can go through and see what was on there and decide what you want to keep. I actually just downloaded the final, I might just do the same.

Last edited:

MizzouBrent

Feb 19, 2011
Olathe, KS
So why the change from Bat Country to BBQ? I'm clueless.

Can't wait to get Final. I assume no full wipe is required if you're coming from CM nightly builds?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

THIS IS NOT HTC SENSE AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Evo (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager or Amon_RA's recovery image (You MUST be NAND unlocked!)
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Update your radio if necessary
    4. WIPE
    5. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    CM7 FAQ/ISSUES

This is being compiled by ausch30, and all credit should be given to him. I am simply helping by posting it here in the second post.

Visual Voicemail: Flash into sense, backup with titanium, flash back into CM7, restore data. Or use Google Voice or Youmail

WiFi Sleep Policy: Change WiFi sleep policy to never, menu>wireless and networks>WiFi settings>menu>advanced>WiFi sleep policy. Honestly it's been so long since I've done this I'm not quite sure what it fixes but I know it's been mentioned quite a bit. I do know that this will significantly improve your battery life also with some ROMs changing the WiFi sleep policy setting to never sleep can prevent random reboots.

Camera Shutter Sound: To remove shutter sound you need to remove shutter.ogg in system>media>audio>ui. Remove it through Root Explorer, ES File Explorer, ADB, etc

GPS fix: Flash into a sense rom, download MSL reader from the market, input ##GPSCLRX# into the dialer, reboot, reflash into CM7

Facebook Contacts that fail to Sync: First go into the Facebook app and select settings>sync contacts>sync all, then go into sync and sync now. Now go into your contacts list and select a contact the press menu>edit contact>menu>join, you should see all your facebook contacts in there and you can join them to your phone contacts. After that you can go back into the facebook app and switch back to sync with existing contacts.

Google Apps: For apps such as market, gmail, etc. you have to download and flash the latest gapps after flashing the rom, it can be found here http://goo-inside.me/gapps/latest/7/universal/

Does the camcorder app support 720p video recording: As far as I know not yet, but they are working on it.

HDMI: Working for the most part, not integrated into the rom yet. Should be in there by CM7 final.

How can I get the swype? : Go to Swype.com and sign up for the beta, it's really simple to download and install from there. http://beta.swype.com/ Thanks ItsDon

There are a lot of kernel questions. There is a stock kernel included in the rom (a rom won't work without one). There are alternate kernels available, if you have issues and are using an alternate kernel, post those questions in the associated thread.

This is what I have so far. I'm not foolish enough to believe that after posting this there won't still be people that post questions without bothering to look anywhere for the answer but my hope is that it might help to answer some questions and reduce the number of repeat questions.

Edit: SD card speed issues, I'm not sure if this has been fixed in newer releases yet

Edit: The issue is SD card speed over USB mount, use the "USB-MS" option in Amon_RA recovery to mount your SD card. That has not been addressed in RC2 or any of the nightlies so far yet. Thanks aph. There is a know issue that has been logged (#3067) by the CM team about the SD card becomming "Damaged" during RC2 install. This affects a small number of phones with a possible work around of a second reboot after the install. Thanks to s2kdriver

CM7 Supersonic FAQ
    http://xdaforums.com/wiki...sonic/ROMs/CM7

Cyanogen site
    http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

Download link
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=supersonic

Forum
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/forum/43-htc-evo/

Wiki
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=HTC_Evo_4G
    7.0 final is here. Have fun :)
    The GPS in the Evo is the buggiest thing I have ever seen. Before 2.3, we were using binary blobs for the GPS driver which contains who-the-hell-knows-what from HTC to fix these things. Now we are using opensource code that is based on Qualcomm reference designs which is pretty close to correct but sometimes the hardware just fails certain calls for no apparent reason (and sometimes they work just fine).

This is a blocker bug for 7.0 final, so it'll get resolved.
    GPS does not work on my Evo (old 003 hardware) on CM7 final. I came from Warm 5, so wiped everything (several times). I guess I'll try GPS Status or the Sense fix again (GPS was working on a few of the nightlies and RCs).

There is still an issue with time injection with GPS. Effing buggy hardware :( I'm gonna work on it for the point release.