Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,779 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cooking Help Needed: Working on a HTC HD7 o2 NoDo ROM

Tip us?

c6ke
Old
(Last edited by c6ke; 13th March 2011 at 06:37 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Lightbulb Cooking Help Needed: Working on a HTC HD7 o2 NoDo ROM

Hey all you ROM-cookers out there! I'm new to this thread but still I suppose I'm able to learn quickly.

For 2 days now I'm trying to find a way to flash the current NoDo ROM for the HD7 onto my Phone. It's an o2-Germany Phone with ID O2___102.

Here's my material:
- The NoDo Rom for HD7 HTC-Europe: from here (Flashable on IDs: HTC__001, HTC__203, HTC__102, HTC__032, HTC__405, HTC__304)
- The three Unbranding O2_DE ROM Files from Ansar: from here (All Flashable on IDs: O2___102)
they are:
* 1 - RUU_Schubert_O2_DE_1.61.207.01_Radio_5.52.09.16_22 .33a.50.10U_by_ansar
* 2 - RUU_Schubert_O2_DE_1.16.401.01_Radio_5.51.09.06a_2 2.30.50.09U_Signed_by_ansar (Which always leads to an error in the end)
* 3 - RUU_Schubert_O2_DE_1.61.207.01_Radio_5.52.09.16_22 .33a.50.10U_Signed_by_ansar
- An Original O2ROM from here
- An ominous ModelID.fig from the Ansar files (could it be, this is only an Imagefile?)

I worked with Hex-Editors, the NBH-Image Tool v1-2 here
but still: Everytime my created ROM gets stuck at 0%.

Here's what I tried already:
- Following this post I inserted the ModelID.fig into the HTC-Europe NoDo-Update Folder -> Stopped at 1% saying: Wrong ID - what a surprise! ;)
- Change ID in RUU_signed.nbh and SPL from NoDo Update via Hex-Editor from HTC__001 to O2___102 and keep all other IDs -> 0%
- Change ID in RUU_signed.nbh and SPL from NoDo Update via Hex-Editor from HTC__001 to O2___102 and delete all other IDs -> 0%
- Unpack the original o2-ROM (RUU and SPL) via the NBH-ImageTool and repack it, try to flash it. Why does THIS not work? -> 0%
- Following this post and the ones after that I joked around with extraction out of and into the OS-Files. Nice Tools - but it didn't work out (See above- even with the original o2 ROM - just unpacked and repacked didn't work...) So no use here...

Here's my understanding of what should work and is my goal to achieve: If I unpack the NoDo-Rom with the NBH-ImageTool, enter the right CID and repack it - then it should update on my HD7 from O2-DE, right? --> It doesn't ;(
Got that idea from here.

Do i need the right O2_DE pvk file to sign my ROMS with the NBHImageTool? Do I get that somewhere? (Suppose: No)

So can anybody give me a hint what I do wrong?

FlexIDK
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm try this method's too... I'm have t-mobile hd7. =(
I'm wait unbranding rom, or i'm want try goldcard...

4irm
Old
Thanks Meter 4
G'Day!

thx for trying...same here O2 Germany. Nothing has worked so far.

U should edit your topic since this is especially related to non O2 Uk devices.

regards
irm

siddartha
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by c6ke View Post
Hey all you ROM-cookers out there! I'm new to this thread but still I suppose I'm able to learn quickly.

For 2 days now I'm trying to find a way to flash the current NoDo ROM for the HD7 onto my Phone. It's an o2-Germany Phone with ID O2___102.

Here's my material:
- The NoDo Rom for HD7 HTC-Europe: from here (Flashable on IDs: HTC__001, HTC__203, HTC__102, HTC__032, HTC__405, HTC__304)
- The three Unbranding O2_DE ROM Files from Ansar: from here (All Flashable on IDs: O2___102)
they are:
* 1 - RUU_Schubert_O2_DE_1.61.207.01_Radio_5.52.09.16_22 .33a.50.10U_by_ansar
* 2 - RUU_Schubert_O2_DE_1.16.401.01_Radio_5.51.09.06a_2 2.30.50.09U_Signed_by_ansar (Which always leads to an error in the end)
* 3 - RUU_Schubert_O2_DE_1.61.207.01_Radio_5.52.09.16_22 .33a.50.10U_Signed_by_ansar
- An Original O2ROM from here
- An ominous ModelID.fig from the Ansar files (could it be, this is only an Imagefile?)

I worked with Hex-Editors, the NBH-Image Tool v1-2 here
but still: Everytime my created ROM gets stuck at 0%.

Here's what I tried already:
- Following this post I inserted the ModelID.fig into the HTC-Europe NoDo-Update Folder -> Stopped at 1% saying: Wrong ID - what a surprise! ;)
- Change ID in RUU_signed.nbh and SPL from NoDo Update via Hex-Editor from HTC__001 to O2___102 and keep all other IDs -> 0%
- Change ID in RUU_signed.nbh and SPL from NoDo Update via Hex-Editor from HTC__001 to O2___102 and delete all other IDs -> 0%
- Unpack the original o2-ROM (RUU and SPL) via the NBH-ImageTool and repack it, try to flash it. Why does THIS not work? -> 0%
- Following this post and the ones after that I joked around with extraction out of and into the OS-Files. Nice Tools - but it didn't work out (See above- even with the original o2 ROM - just unpacked and repacked didn't work...) So no use here...

Here's my understanding of what should work and is my goal to achieve: If I unpack the NoDo-Rom with the NBH-ImageTool, enter the right CID and repack it - then it should update on my HD7 from O2-DE, right? --> It doesn't ;(
Got that idea from here.

Do i need the right O2_DE pvk file to sign my ROMS with the NBHImageTool? Do I get that somewhere? (Suppose: No)

So can anybody give me a hint what I do wrong?
good luck my friend, i can't wait for this

---- [my homescreen] ----

*sorry for my bad english*

Shu.
Old
Thanks Meter 116
I also have trouble signing the ROMs to be flashable;

Even if its a ROM for my device's region, as soon as i extract it and build it again with NBHImageTool (without any modification), it become un-flashable.

You should probably ask this from ansar, as he has managed to do this. Although I'm not sure if he is willing to share what he know, but if you found out, please share with us too

You are also right about ModelID.fig being an image file. It does not contain any information that can affect the flashing process in anyway.
Phones: Touch 3G, HD2, HD7, Galaxy S, Sensation, Galaxy Nexus, One X, Nexus 4, Lumia 720, HTC One, iPhone 5s, HTC One M8
Tablets: Asus TF300T, Microsoft Surface, Asus Nexus 7 (LTE), iPad Air

driftnut56
Old
Thanks Meter 6
If you manage to figure this out, would you mind doing the same to make a T-Mobile US ROM?

ceesheim
Old
(Last edited by ceesheim; 16th March 2011 at 12:51 PM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2073

DONATE TO ME
you could try this.

use the SPL_signed.nbh from a rom you can flash to .
so the nodo .nbh(RUU_signed.nbh from the new c&p build) and the SPL_signed.nbh from a rom you can flash.

the hottest geek girl in the world SassiBoB, SassyBoB, Sassy BoB, sassibob

Iron Fist !!!

XDA-Developers is all about Developers

antologiu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceesheim View Post
you could try this.

use the SPL_signed.nbh from a rom you can flash to .
so the nodo .nbh(RUU_signed.nbh from the new c&p build) and the SPL_signed.nbh from a rom you can flash.
THANK YOU

ltaylor23
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1
Does this work for hd7 and focus

pirlouit2
Old
Thanks Meter 83
test post to see if it works

Tags
hd7, nodo, o2-de, wp7