5,597,762 Members 36,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Challenge set by htc: HTC Sense 3.0

Tip us?

cjward23
Old
(Last edited by orb3000; 15th April 2011 at 03:10 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2583
Default Challenge set by htc: HTC Sense 3.0

Just read this over at engadget http://m.engadget.com/default/articl...eng_latest_art

I'm sure the devs here will get it working on our current handsets.

The challenge is on.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using XDA Premium App

reflexEagle
Old
Thanks Meter 1
HTC Sense 3.0 should run on headsets with 1GHz with no problem,although I dont use the Sense UI because the 2.0+ Sense uses a lot of space on the screen.I guess we'll have to wait and see how the 3.0 makes a test run

feloccio
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I believe it will work. At least some parts of it.

motorboy-johnny
Old
Thanks Meter 13
There sure will be a few developers out here who will try it.
We have toe wait and see what the future will bring.

But I'm still curious how it will run on our HD2 and Desire HD's etc....
1st Device: Nokia Lumia 920
2nd Device: HTC HD7 T9292
3rd Device: HTC Touch HD2 T8585 (Android toy)
4th Device: Huawei Ideos S7

3f1f37
Old
Thanks Meter 1126
I think even though hTC have left us in the dark, the devs here will obviously port this to all devices that meet the minimum requirements. I mean the Desire, still doesnt have Sense 2.0 unless you root your device.

Looking forward to see what the talented devs can pull off.
Phone: HTC One X
Recovery: Philz Touch
Android version: KitKat
Software number: KVT49L
srikanth.naidu Old
Thanks Meter
Guess they've underestimated the power of XDA dev's ! we have devices made for win 6.5 running five different OS'es which HTC never even thought were possible. I think its time HTC woke from there dream and smell the grass
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mazda
Old
Thanks Meter 9463

DONATE TO ME
I think it will be ported over to other devices! The developers over here at XDA are great! Before the HTC HD2 got Android unofficially thanks to the developers on here, people were saying the same thing "Oh it can't be done, it will never work" and what happened....it got Android running smooth as a baby's butt! Then there was the whole Sense 2.0 can't be ported over to the HTC EVO.....guess what baby?!...IT DID! So with that said, I hope a lot of people keep on doubting the abilities of the developers over here at XDA because I believe that only gives them more motivation to get things done!

Oh and I wasn't replying to anyone specifically in this thread, I was just saying in general because I briefly talked about this with two of my buddies and YEAH they were like NO WAY....CAN'T BE DONE....and I'm sure alot of people that aren't members of XDA and/or haven't seen these developers in action, think just like that!

I can't wait to have Sense 3.0 running on my EVO and on my HTC HD2!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mazda
Old
Thanks Meter 9463

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanth.naidu View Post
Guess they've underestimated the power of XDA dev's ! we have devices made for win 6.5 running five different OS'es which HTC never even thought were possible. I think its time HTC woke from there dream and smell the grass
Couldn't agree more dude!...hahahahaha

hermanlf
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Nice! Can't wait to see what ACS will be able to do once they get their hands on this. ESIII is already my rom of choice.

Sent from my EVO 4G using XDA Premium App

whitetigerdk
Old
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
Just a matter of time.. So may things has already been ported for devices they were never ment for.. (eg. HTC Sense is seen running on Sony Ericsson X10 Mini)

So it will be just a matter of time for combining the right drivers with Sense 3 before we see it on Legend, Wildfire and so on...