Xda Atom Hidden Partition

Search This thread

b-xenon

Dec 25, 2006
b-xenon.blogfa.com
Hi guys
I have O2 XDA Atom.
I have Install atom_hiddenpartition.cab to unlock 16MB on flash rom and delete files than on that.
when I hard reset my ppc that speed has down (1/4 my previous speed) in boot windows and programs on windows.
I want to unlock Hidden Partition but I can't do this.
Can you help me to unlock Hidden Partition and recover my files on this?
(my rom is 20060426B1WWE and files in hidden partition is Informobility Arabic and Hijri Calender, Camera's templates,...)

sorry for bad english.

Last edited:

Ultimate Chicken

Jan 30, 2006
GAH. Do NOT delete the stuff in there. Trust me. I don't care if you need space. DO NOT TOUCH THE FILES IN HIDDEN STORAGE.

It's your ExtROM, and all links to it are hardcoded. This isn't like the Magician Bigstorage, where the links are recoded; Your PPC is tons slower because it's trying to find stuff that doesn't exist anymore. Like, say, your configs.

If you want those back, you have to reflash your device. No choice.

b-xenon

Dec 25, 2006
b-xenon.blogfa.com
GAH. Do NOT delete the stuff in there. Trust me. I don't care if you need space. DO NOT TOUCH THE FILES IN HIDDEN STORAGE.

It's your ExtROM, and all links to it are hardcoded. This isn't like the Magician Bigstorage, where the links are recoded; Your PPC is tons slower because it's trying to find stuff that doesn't exist anymore. Like, say, your configs.

If you want those back, you have to reflash your device. No choice.
Reflash!?
that mean download the 20060426B1WWE ROM from seeo2.com and setup (install) this on my device?

Ultimate Chicken

Jan 30, 2006
Yeah, that's the only way to solve the problem - even uninstalling that reveal hidden partition hack doesn't work all the time. I should know, I went through a device with an extROM that mysteriously disappears if I ever tinker around with the hidden partition too much.

shpy

Mar 11, 2007
After install atom_hiddenpartition.cab , I do not anything in that. But , i see that the system lost about 2MB RAM (i don't know for what!). How to hide this partition again and bring back my 2MB RAM ?!

alipi2007

Mar 16, 2007
Male'
www.alipi.net
After install atom_hiddenpartition.cab , I do not anything in that. But , i see that the system lost about 2MB RAM (i don't know for what!). How to hide this partition again and bring back my 2MB RAM ?!

hmm
try this using any registry editor:
HKLM\System\StorageManager\Profiles\TRUEFFS_DOC2\F ATFS and change the MountHidden value to 1