Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,397 Members 46,258 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] [Alpha-03] - xCharge - SE Reboot Options for Xperia - http://xcharge.sf.net

Tip us?

anantshri
Old
Thanks Meter 316

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHassell View Post
Having this in apps & themes, is like having a car frame, a few boxes of nuts & bolts, 4 wheels and a horn.. then saying "let's go for a drive!".

That is obviously how some people roll.. so anyway.. since mostly all thread's are getting hijacked, you're going to see less postings from me. If any - thanks to J.Anderson this place is like a ghost town and the moderator's have become annoyed so much, they don't want to see new development projects, just finnished results. Fair enough..

You can't install this. It is not an app. Where it belongs is a different forum, maybe even a different website.

For anyone interested in the current state. Finnish widget and will post back when tests complete.
Don't get disheartened Mr Hassell,
I was pointed to this thread by DooMLorD,
I also have some idea's which i think could help.
So posting them here

Some of the initial seed was from DooMLorD's posting however i have taken it a step forward.

I was thinking we can make it so that it looks for one file which says what action needs to be done.

if that file says "RECOVERY" we go to xRecovery
if it says "Default" or is blank then default kernel should load.
if it says FreeXperia kernel 3 then kernel 3 should boot.... going further what if we can make something like a folder structure in sdcard or somearea in system where we can keep kernel's and without modifying the chargemon can boot other kernels

what i mean is if my kernel to be booted is ABC kernel let's say my folder structure is

/sdcard/Kernel/ABC
so inside ABC folder my kernel can be found.

now i want a new kernel ZXD to be booted i will edit one file i.e. the basic txt file and write ZXD now chargemon will automatically select /sdcard/Kernel/ZXD to boot.

what do you have to say about this......

Right now i don't understand much on android but i do understand linux and shell scripting if some inital draft could be given in i can help in finishing it.. right now this being only a script could be coupled with some gscript shortcuts to echo proper words in correct file for reboot.

Note : I am not sure if this is correct place to ask however can i get Xrecovery source codes ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anantshri For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DooMLoRD
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 38,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantshri View Post
Note : I am not sure if this is correct place to ask however can i get Xrecovery source codes ...
ask zdzihu
Tags
androxyde, bin4ry, doomlord, mrhassell, xcharge